• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Seeks new massive database of personal info

They feel Universal is coming, along with hundreds of millions of dollars in funding to make NICS the NSA's wet dream...

This is exactly what we need. 50 million people on food stamps, enormous unemployment, a destroyed housing market, over 20,000 gun laws nationaly and now we need to spend millions more tax dollars on something that wont do anything but make it easier to take away peoples rights. Excellent...

They'll probably use it to trace back to a 5 year old when he stole a candy bar so they can define him as unsuitable when they do a background check for buying ammo when he's 65.

Nah it's fine, if you're not doing anything wrong what do you have to worry about

How many times have we heard THAT take on things like this.

Fools and damn fools

I want them to go first. Freedom of Information Act and all. Where is this ammo which was allegedly purchased? Has anyone actually SEEN it?

It's fun watching them spend money we know they don't have, every bullet, EBT card, gov building construction etc. that goes on is one step closer to collapse.

This will take decades to implement, cost billions of dollars and won't work. This reminds me of the VA and DOD project to integrate veteran's medical records. Five years and $300 million spent and the whole project is a disaster and is now being written off as undoable.

We just need to figure out how to game this system. When they plug in "JohnZ" and get 300,000,000 know associates...

Maybe sending emails to everyone in the country will clog up their system.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Google will probably do it for free. Do no evil my ass...

BTW, I've stopped using Google for any searching and am giving up chrome as well. I suggest everyone Un-Google themselves. They are just far too cozy with the wrong kinds of people to trust with so much personal information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Great post on John Lott's blog that connects Universal background checks, databases and gun confiscation:

It will be a gradual gun registration bill. As the ACLU lobbyist warns:

nfortunately, we have seen in the past that the creation of these types of records leads sometimes to the creation of government databases and collections of personal information on all of us,” Calabrese warned. “That’s not an inevitable result, but we have seen that happen in the past, certainly.”
“As we’ve seen with many large government databases, if you build it, they will come.” . . .

... and then,

Yet, Obama denies that the bill involves registration:

"We're not proposing a gun registration system; we're proposing background checks for criminals," he said Wednesday in Denver. . . .

Though his own Justice Department claims that background checks won't work without registration.

the NRA says the memo proves that the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation” and thinks universal background checks “won't work without requiring national gun registration,” according to the AP. . . .

... and finally,

Of course, registration could never lead to confiscation of guns in the US, right? Well, it has already done so in California.

Anyone who wanted to keep one of the named firearms must have owned it prior to June 1, 1989, and had to register it by March 30, 1992. Registration gave the state a list of owners. . . .

In August 1998, however, a California appellate court held the Attorney General could not legally allow the gun owners to register their weapons after the March 1992 deadline. That ruling came after many owners had already identified themselves by registering late. The Attorney General had led the law- fearing lambs into a trap: citizens had voluntarily informed the state that they were felons. . . .

Well worth checking out the whole post and articles referenced.

Back
Top Bottom