• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Raids Polymer 80

Add some stump remover, charcoal and sulfur (not sure if HD carries that last, but Walgreens/Walmart would) to the Homer Bucket and you can even make the powder to run it.
Store bought? I never took you for an appliance operator.
st-arena19.jpg

I gave the kit away in a Yankee Swap, but had to leave early and don’t know who got it.

But I bought a 80% and parts from various sources and built one from scratch.

How fast can you tear that pistol down and hammer the small parts? What can they get you for - defacing a non-serialized firearm’s components?

The said they would get a search warrant if he didn't give up the kit. Meaning they didn't have one, meaning they went to the guys house on a chance? I'm betting they couldn't get one and just lied their way into theft.

DO NOT TALK WITH THE POLICE.

Door Bell Rings, 'Who is it?', 'ATF agents Scum & Tyranny', 'Do you have a warrant?', 'No, But......', 'Have a nice day' (close door)
When (if) they do come back with a warrant, meet them outside the (locked) door, and hand over the kit. Warrant executed, end of search.

Add some stump remover, charcoal and sulfur (not sure if HD carries that last, but Walgreens/Walmart would) to the Homer Bucket and you can even make the powder to run it.
You just posted trigger words. Now the ATF is watching this thread.

And I agree its not a statutory term and previously went so far as to refer to GCA for the statutory reference

But you said that the ATF doesnt use the word 80%

And I provided references to show that they DO and have for more than a decade

We can continue to bicker about dumb shit but the fact remains that the ATF does in fact use the term as part of the discussion on what is/is not considered to be a firearm.

Here's a link from ATF that was previously a 14 point discussion on 80% and "reciever blanks" that they've taken down

In every instance, they have it in quotation marks, as someone else's language.

In stock at Brownells........

Yup - there are several "one-stop-shopping" sites where a person can buy an "80%" frame/lower, finishing jig, the tooling and parts needed to assemble a complete Glock/AR15 type gun. Who is next to get raided - Brownells?

So if the seller ships the frame/lower in one box, and all the tools and parts in another, this makes it "not-a-gun" according to the FATF? Or maybe the packages have to go to different addresses?

Or maybe it's a matter of if all the bits are in your "shopping cart" at the same time, regardless of how or where shipped?

How long does one need to wait between orders to make it into a "non-gun" So many details, this can keep the FATF busy spending tax money for decades.

I am still angry at Atilla. I can't believe he got a job working for big brother.

And you work for Corporate America. Don't be a little bitch.

He's given me good advice on a couple of matters and if I don't exactly approve of his employment at least I can speak with a familiar / friendly face

And you work for Corporate America. Don't be a little bitch.

He's given me good advice on a couple of matters and if I don't exactly approve of his employment at least I can speak with a familiar / friendly face
Lol. We all work for someone. But working for the people trying to opress your rights? That is low. A prostitute has higher standards.

Door Bell Rings, 'Who is it?', 'ATF agents Scum & Tyranny', 'Do you have a warrant?', 'No, But......', 'Have a nice day' (close door)
Feds do not exactly need warrants, they are not the local police. Marshals will not be explaining themselves to anybody. They act on their own document trail. Local DA and judge is not the scope where feds operate.
Joke about scum&tyranny all you want but it is just that.

Why? I never met him. If he is previously considered a good guy or one of us or whatever, wouldn't you want people like that working for ATF?

I'll give Broc this much... The guy was a total douche nozzle. But he helped me with an error on a form 1 that could have been a nightmare.

There's too much animosity there though for the claimed offense. I have to wonder if Broc and Atilla were... Actually that makes a lot of sense. Till was gay as Julius Ceasar...

I guess my little meme hit a little closer than I realized :eek:

Feds do not exactly need warrants, they are not the local police. Marshals will not be explaining themselves to anybody. They act on their own document trail. Local DA and judge is not the scope where feds operate.
Joke about scum&tyranny all you want but it is just that.

I'm not a lawyer and I understand a few situations allow non warrant entry for all law enforcement but I don't see how this applies. They might get a warrant elsewhere but they aren't above warrants.

The said they would get a search warrant if he didn't give up the kit. Meaning they didn't have one, meaning they went to the guys house on a chance? I'm betting they couldn't get one and just lied their way into theft.

DO NOT TALK WITH THE POLICE.

Works unless you are an FFL. Once a year they can show up and inspect everything and you don't have a choice about it. But if you are an FFL and are afraid of the ATF showing up you are doing something wrong. It is not IF they will audit you, it is WHEN.

But as a private individual (unless you have a pesky 03 C&R FFL then you are open to that damn inspection), shutting the door in their face is likely the right call.

Yup - there are several "one-stop-shopping" sites where a person can buy an "80%" frame/lower, finishing jig, the tooling and parts needed to assemble a complete Glock/AR15 type gun. Who is next to get raided - Brownells?

I doubt Brownells would get swatted, they can afford lawyers and most of their business is well established shit. It would take them 2 sec to simply remove the merch from site like it never existed.

Poly80 on the other hand, pretty much exists to antagonize ATF, kind of like ... Ares whatever that Greek guy was. He got swatted for no f***ing reason and that was pretty much the end of it.

Works unless you are an FFL. Once a year they can show up and inspect everything and you don't have a choice about it. But if you are an FFL and are afraid of the ATF showing up you are doing something wrong. It is not IF they will audit you, it is WHEN.

But as a private individual (unless you have a pesky 03 C&R FFL then you are open to that damn inspection), shutting the door in their face is likely the right call.

I would say there are 3 reasons people don't take the pound sand route.

1) They know nothing about the legal system or how it operates. This includes very basic things like "don't talk to the police". They believe TV and that if they are good people, the "system" could never punish them.

2) They do know the law, but don't have money/legal representation to either mitigate a real search warrant return or fight a prolonged battle in court. They know they are right but cannot commit YEARS to a dragged out fight. Becuase it will be YEARS.

3) Extending on the last part of #2, they are professional/family people and they cannot afford the 100% pure evil destruction of their lives by losing jobs, spouses/kods being ostracized, going into debt, etc.

Thus "handing it over" is the least painful injustice. Becuase even if they can win in court years later, they will NEVER be made whole. EVER.

FFL03 doesn't have the same exact inspection requirements as others -- you don't have "business hours", and can insist they make an appointment to meet at their office.

I'll give Broc this much... The guy was a total douche nozzle. But he helped me with an error on a form 1 that could have been a nightmare.

There's too much animosity there though for the claimed offense. I have to wonder if Broc and Atilla were... Actually that makes a lot of sense. Till was gay as Julius Ceasar...

I guess my little meme hit a little closer than I realized :eek:
Atilla threw a bag of d*cks at me, at an Excruciathlon. I have been scared for life. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom