• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF, LAPD seize massive collection of weapons at Holmby Hills home update post 120

"Lots of guns" = enough of an excuse for ATF to be involved.

Also all they had to do was have one guy make noises about him breaking a federal law, and then that basically turns into a full circus at that point.

The article says "anonymous tip" but my guess this guy had an associate that was in trouble with ATF, and he sold his friend down the river to walk. ATF does this
all the time with people.

It'll be interesting to find out, when the dust settles on this, if the guy did anything wrong WRT federal law.

-Mike

Looks like you're fairly close in your assessment. The LA Times is reporting that "The ATF said in a statement that its agents searched the home after discovering an individual illegally selling firearms “outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possesses.”

The home is also co-owned with Cynthia Beck, a former mistress of Gorden Getty (a billionaire and son of J. Paul Getty), although there is no evidence that Beck was involved.

Massive cache of 1,000 guns seized from Bel-Air mansion connected to Gettys

“It’s just beyond comprehension that somebody can have so many weapons in a residence like this in a neighborhood such like this,” LAPD Lt. Chris Ramirez told reporters at the scene.

Yeah I mean why should private citizens be allowed to collect inanimate objects that interest them....Can't have that shit.

Would be awesome to find out that every single one is legally owned with paper work to prove it and then have to come back to his house with all his guns, minus the few dozen that "go missing" of course.

Does anyone remember the poor SOB in Cambridge that they paraded his collection to the press? He went through hell. The Judge ripped the DA a new one for trampling his right to privacy.

"According to LAPD and ATF, they received information that a person was selling and manufacturing illegal firearms inside the home. Over 1,000 firearms were recovered related to this investigation."

Hundreds of guns recovered from Holmby Hills home
Likely assembled an AR, which in CA is called a "ghost gun with a 30 caliber clip magazine capable of firing fully semi auto at a rate of 1100 rounds a second"....

Whats that pistol gripped thing on the bottom with the break action shotgun barrel?
Thompson center contender

Single shot that can be converted to rifle or pistol by changing the stock.....and the barrels can be changed out for different calibers. Awesome hunting guns.

Barrels from 22lr up to 45/70 can be installed. Not a cheap gun either.

Looks like the extra-evil ones get spread out on the cardboard and the Fudds get piled on the blankies like cordwood.... sadly his collection seems to be lacking in milsurps :(

I used to think it was finding ammo and standard-size magazines... but
Family and Neighbors can be the two biggest problems for gun owners...

Last edited:
Not just regular ammo.... LIVE ammo!

Live and kickin'...
hqdefault.jpg

I wonder if, when they come for my guns, they will allow me to hand them some very thick, clean and sturdy moving quilts for my babies...?

Buying-Moving-Blankets.gif

409291__1499090732.jpg

"I would never, ever think anybody would be wanting to pack so much in this neighborhood. It scares the wits out of you," said Rabbi Chaim Mentz. "What does my next door neighbor have? What does your next door neighbor have?"
To the Rabbi: NOYFB!!

Looks like a place off Reservoir Road in Norton. :)
[rofl] But that place was a mess!!

The reason they just dump the guns, trash the boxes, etc. is that all this will end up destroyed, so it has no "value" as far as the authorities are concerned.

Sadly you'll never succeed in suing your moonbat neighbors even if they caused this disaster.

You know why there are 3 piles... don't cha?

3282e177-b7cc-4347-adc9-ce4d714afc50-large16x9_KABCgunsseized.JPG

Keep, Trash, Donate...

ATF, LAPD seize massive collection of weapons at Holmby Hills home

HOLMBY HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Federal agents and Los Angeles police seized hundreds, possibly thousands, of firearms after executing a search warrant at a home in the Holmby Hills neighborhood.

ATF agents were seen in the area of Sunset Boulevard and Beverly Glen sorting through and documenting the collection of weapons.

Many of them appeared to be rifles.

The ATF didn't provide details, but said the operation was part of an ongoing investigation with the Los Angeles Police Department.

View attachment 283769
Don't they know when you pile them up like that you could scratch the finish on a lot of them?

I have been using the story to prove to my friends “See I don’t really have a problem with the size of my collection, now this guy is crazy” wink wink !

I smell something dumb in this raid, if this guy was selling/making guns to criminals for profit or something, whats with all the fudd/ancient stuff? (it's literally 50% of the piles).

This is probably some rich, old guy that someone didn't like.... and they made up a "cool story bro" thing about him to ruin his life. [angry]

-Mike
I noticed the same thing....WallyWorld specials and stuff salvaged from some widowed old ladies' attics. I was expecting to see all black kit. This guy was no Rambo, that's for sure. I wonder if he inherited a lot of that really old shit?

Thompson center contender

Single shot that can be converted to rifle or pistol by changing the stock.....and the barrels can be changed out for different calibers. Awesome hunting guns.

Barrels from 22lr up to 45/70 can be installed. Not a cheap gun either.
I agree.TC Contender is great for hunting and long range handgunning. Very versatile, well made and absolutely worthless to criminals. No gang banger wants a huge, heavy, long barrelled, single-shot horse pistol like the Contender. That's what raises a lot of questions.

The FFL thing does make sense now.
If it turns out to be nothing , you have to wonder how much the guy lost in devaluation after they took them out of boxes to beat the piss out of them or how much of that inventory is going to take a walk out of the evidence room if it even makes it there.

I recall a story from the Clinton ATF days where they supposedly got a tip that a collector might have something illegal.
They waited till he went to work , knocked the door off the hinges and blowtorched his safe.
The neighbor was franticly trying to contact the guy at work to tell him his house was being ripped apart.
By the time he got the message and got home he found a note saying that a search was conducted and nothing illegal was found.
The door was on the floor and his guns were strewn all over the house and the place was trashed.
I remember there was even a picture of a high end revolver in the dog's water bowl.
They didn't even leave anyone to secure the place.
The guy raised holy hell and the ATF's response was "Ya ? GFY , what are you going to do about it ?"
Ah yes the Clinton years , scary as shit to be an FFL in those days.

Back
Top Bottom