• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF issues rule change proposal regarding pistol braces

Very few states chain anything to the NFA or even conventional GCA definitions of firearms. Some may kinda /mirror/ GCA definitions but they're not hard-linked.
Texas assimilated a lot of the GCA. Many years after the GCA limit on long gun transfer to only residents of contiguous states was lifted, ATF finally noticed that TX hadn't updated their law.

Oops... all those FFLs who had sold to anyone who wasn't a resident of TX, NM, OK, AR, or LA were in a panic, and all Texas-based 01 FFLs had to limit sales to residents of those states.

Texas had to change their laws, and since their legislature only meets for 140 days, once every two years, it took a cycle or two to make Texas law catch up.

Lol the feds are going to change NH law? Please tell the class how that happens.

States typically have their own definitions for what constitutes a handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, etc, so on. If someone is getting rapped, thats the definition thats going to be
used.

Very few states chain anything to the NFA or even conventional GCA definitions of firearms. Some may kinda /mirror/ GCA definitions but they're not hard-linked.
I honestly don't know -- I didn't mean "curious" in some bitchy way, I'm earnestly curious. I thought this shit came down from the fed level with the ATF making an example of people without working through state courts.

Anyone joining FPC before the end of 5/31/23 will be deemed a retroactive member to (mumble-mumble/2022), through 12/31/23.

I have zero braces or even complete ARs, but I joined today. Thirty bucks for a good cause.

also not a brace guy.

any purchases over $20 from their shop also put you into that group.

Anyone joining FPC before the end of 5/31/23 will be deemed a retroactive member to (mumble-mumble/2022), through 12/31/23.

I have zero braces or even complete ARs, but I joined today. Thirty bucks for a good cause.
Last chance...

Prayer for the day: May every encounter initiated by the ATF of law abiding citizens over a brace, result in them being caught in a deadly ambush.

All the other boxes have so far failed, so the last resort is now on the table.

Prayer for the day: May every encounter initiated by the ATF of law abiding citizens over a brace, result in them being caught in a deadly ambush.

All the other boxes have so far failed, so the last resort is now on the table.

Yes…. prediction though…. this never happens, because it’s literally cheaper for them to play the paper tiger game.

Yes…. prediction though…. this never happens, because it’s literally cheaper for them to play the paper tiger game.

"Hope springs eternal."

The BS is going to end one way or another, and so far, none of the applied remedies have even remotely worked.

I'm already an FPC contributor a couple times a year, but this thread did prompt me to order their cool looking luau logo shirt with two sided design that I had previously passed up.

🐯

So does the 2A.

Do you people never get tired of playing this foolish game?
So who's confident when you go to do the secret-squirrel handshake that the arresting (or confiscating) agent is going to either know or a give a shit and not just reply, "great, bring that to court with you, but for now...." ????

NH doesn't care what the ATF calls it. NH doesn't enforce federal law, and uses NH definitions for NH laws.

Remember that time they prosecuted a guy (Alfredo Valentin) for wiretapping based on Massachusetts's law? It even took place after both the Glik and Gericke cases. None of that stopped them from prosecuting him (fortunately they failed). The state literally used the MA law in their argument.

So while you are correct theoretically, and even legally, it's not necessarily true in reality. I am absolutely certain that there are cops and prosecutors and judges who absolutely would prosecute and convict someone for that stupid fish and game law if they have the chance.

"We've been receiving many anxious questions from supporters wanting to make sure they are now FPC members.

That's why we're sending you this email as confirmation that you are a current member of the FPC Grassroots Army.
According to the Judge in our pistol brace lawsuit, FPC members are covered by the injunction.

Should you have any questions, please contact our customer support team at [email protected].

Also, please remember to encourage your friends and family to join as well at JoinFPC.org.

Stay Free,

Firearms Policy Coalition

"We've been receiving many anxious questions from supporters wanting to make sure they are now FPC members.

That's why we're sending you this email as confirmation that you are a current member of the FPC Grassroots Army.
According to the Judge in our pistol brace lawsuit, FPC members are covered by the injunction.

Should you have any questions, please contact our customer support team at [email protected].

Also, please remember to encourage your friends and family to join as well at JoinFPC.org.

Stay Free,

Firearms Policy Coalition
still waiting on my email

Back
Top Bottom