ATF issues rule change proposal regarding pistol braces

They have my address.

main-qimg-cda9e2f466594cdc5f571065f84b8ce5-lq

Can't wait to see who wants to enforce it.

If you own one of these, you broke an ATF "rule" not a LAW.
When your getting bum rushed by bubba and the boys at club fed you make sure you write a dissertation on the difference

Unless a potus pushes congress to remove the legislative power of any agencies its a law.

Congress ain't gonna do shit cuz that means they gotta go do the stuff the delegated to the agency in the first place now.

An eo to disband the agencies would be nice though...

I'm not SBRing doodlie squat.
Who can posses that NFA item?
"The registered owner you say?"
So I can't just hand it to my friend and say try this out for a couple of weeks and let me know how you like it.
"No, no, no" you say?
"I would need to create a trust and have them fingerprinted and background checked" you say?
I say GET f***ED COMMIE.

1000% agree but I'm struggling to understand what's so hard about dealing with this dumb 'ruling'.

View attachment 709134

Just slap an upper with a 16" barrel onto the lower with the brace and stick it in the safe? According what I've read, that configuration is perfectly legal and isn't classified as an SBR
Because people want to use the equipment they lawfully purchased and lawfully have. They don’t want a 16” barrel.

5 pistol buffer tubes just ordered.
That's as far as I'm willing to go for appeasement.

So, I’m assuming that just replacing a brace (including adjustable buffer tube) with a pistol buffer tube is enough to satisfy these new requirements? Or does the presence of other scary features on the pistol come into play? Asking for a friend.

Frank

When your getting bum rushed by bubba and the boys at club fed you make sure you write a dissertation on the difference

Unless a potus pushes congress to remove the legislative power of any agencies its a law.

Congress ain't gonna do shit cuz that means they gotta go do the stuff the delegated to the agency in the first place now.

An eo to disband the agencies would be nice though...

You mean like they did in New York and Connecticut? That bum rushing? Zero happend and Zero will happen. In the end the majority of these Super Hero's will abandond their posts and head home to look after their own rest assured.

So, I’m assuming that just replacing a brace (including adjustable buffer tube) with a pistol buffer tube is enough to satisfy these new requirements? Or does the presence of other scary features on the pistol come into play? Asking for a friend.

Frank
For the federalis maybe.
It may come to what it was logged in as when acquired through FFL tho.
Mine are all listed a " Firearm".
Built on bare recievers they can be whatever they want to be.
If you bought a "rifle" complete then I'm not sure on ATF or Massholio status to change to pistol. Or other way around.

For the federalis maybe.
It may come to what it was logged in as when acquired through FFL tho.
Mine are all listed a " Firearm".
Built on bare recievers they can be whatever they want to be.
If you bought a "rifle" complete then I'm not sure on ATF or Massholio status to change to pistol. Or other way around.

First of all…not in MA.

Firearm in question was originally purchased as a pistol with a brace. And FWIW, the brace has actually been used for its intended purpose since the owner is mostly using the firearm one-handed due to an unsuccessful surgery on his support hand.

Frank

You mean like they did in New York and Connecticut? That bum rushing? Zero happend and Zero will happen. In the end the majority of these Super Hero's will abandond their posts and head home to look after their own rest assured.
There are plenty more instances of a .gov agency creating federal policy where they f*** some poor schlub over than it going the other way

5 pistol buffer tubes just ordered.
That's as far as I'm willing to go for appeasement.
You can cheek weld to a padded buffer tube. I haven't shoulder fired a rifle in a long time due to a shoulder injury. I can, I just prefer not to. 556 & 9 don't kick enough to matter.

Finally chiming in here. First - ATF pound sand.

Second - why all the distress. Just pull your brace off and lose it in your inevitably massive box of parts, holsters, 80% lowers, and random accessories.

Am I missing something - what’s wrong with a pistol with a bare buffer tube? If the SHTF I can still shoot the shit out of it.

Second - why all the distress. Just pull your brace off and lose it in your inevitably massive box of parts, holsters, 80% lowers, and random accessories.

Am I missing something - what’s wrong with a pistol with a bare buffer tube? If the SHTF I can still shoot the shit out of it.
If it’s SHTF will there be a rule of law?

In SHTF I picture a whole lot a law breaking going on.

Because not all of these pistols have buffer tubes. Because infringements on rights don't stop when the attitude is "well, it's only a little bit of dick in our asses".

This video came up on my feed, I really can't tell if these guys made an SBR or is that a pistol brace stock ???
It looks to me like a common type AR-15 collapsible stock but I may be wrong.

As for their misfires, the issue there is they have the wrong hammer spring for 7.62x39.
I had the same problem myself when I mated a 7.62x39 upper to one of my other lowers, but swapping in a heavier hammer spring fixed the problem.

Back
Top Bottom