ATF issues rule change proposal regarding pistol braces

Comments are open. Flood them.

They can go do a thousand deep knee bends over a fire hydrant, I'm long since tired of leftist tyrants changing the rules as they go.

Just left comment. Tricky to write without dropping down to GFYS.

If you won't tell them to go fvck themselves, how will you ever muster the courage to pull the trigger on these tyrants when they target you? 🤔🤔🤔

If you won't tell them to go fvck themselves, how will you ever muster the courage to pull the trigger on these tyrants when they target you? 🤔🤔🤔
If your sole litmus test is "does he run his mouth in public?",
you need to beware of anyone who offers you a fried baloney sandwich.

191231.jpg

What's the picture reference?
Pleased to elaborate; thanks.

What I consider the most chilling arc in Longmire:
The Chance Gilbert(*) story line.
(*) "The leader of an anti-government movement who is both insane and very intelligent".

In it's own micro way, I found it as scary as Hellstrom's Hive.
(YMMV, of course).

Note well:

This is not me making cheap insults of people withdrawing from the social compact.
(The TV series doesn't portray these characters as some great and gathering threat -
it's an isolated group that's like a Manson Family).

And I'm not making a Fargo joke,
even though that is Peter "wood chipper" Stormare;
who delivered in his role as a heavy in Longmire as well.

Pleased to elaborate; thanks.

What I consider the most chilling arc in Longmire:
The Chance Gilbert(*) story line.
(*) "The leader of an anti-government movement who is both insane and very intelligent".

In it's own micro way, I found it as scary as Hellstrom's Hive.
(YMMV, of course).

Note well:

This is not me making cheap insults of people withdrawing from the social compact.
(The TV series doesn't portray these characters as some great and gathering threat -
it's an isolated group that's like a Manson Family).

And I'm not making a Fargo joke,
even though that is Peter "wood chipper" Stormare;
who delivered in his role as a heavy in Longmire as well.
I don't have or watch TV......I can't relate.😊

The S&W Model 460 in .460 S&W Magnum is a revolver. It can weigh over 80 ounces from the factory, with barrel lengths up to 14 inches, and is generally fired from a bipod.

If anyone from the ATF says it's designed to be fired with one hand, I have a challenge for them: "You first."

Gun rules are stupid on both sides of the pond, but demand finds a way.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpA1RrGIvu0

There's also this scoped bipod beauty, generally regarded as the finest revolver in the world.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1zEUGck8NE

Bumping this thread… currently 71 days still left in the comment period…

Even if you don’t own any braced firearms, please have a voice if you haven’t commented yet.

Bumping this thread again… One month remaining in the comment period…

Link to submit a comment:

As ATF cannot directly regulate this accessory, because for them its legality exists in how it is or isn’t used. As a stand-alone item, it’s completely legal to make, sell, and buy, then. These new regulations apply to the configuration of the complete firearm on which a brace is used. ATF can’t rule on the brace, but they can rule on a complete firearm.
This paragraph from that article makes me think the author knows nothing on the history of the ATF and what the are willing to do. A great example is bumpstocks. If the ATF wanted to label pistol braces as a SBR, they would.

This paragraph from that article makes me think the author knows nothing on the history of the ATF and what the are willing to do. A great example is bumpstocks. If the ATF wanted to label pistol braces as a SBR, they would.
The labeling of parts as “machine guns” has a different history than labeling parts as SBRs. Not that it’s right, of course.

"This thing that does not have any moving parts is a 'firearm' under NFA" is longstanding.
I understand that, but every single instance of that has been for machine guns as far as I’m tracking, e.g. shoe strings etc.

If there are SBR non-firearm firearm ATF declarations, please fill me in.

Back
Top Bottom