• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF issues rule change proposal regarding pistol braces

Boghog1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I read a fair portion of that document. The entire intent insofar as I can determine is to force me to make a choice from the following options:

1) Declare as SBRs my pistol(s) - Pay a fee and go through an application process that may or may not allow me to retain my previously legally purchased property.

2) Remove the brace(s) and convert my currently quite controllable firearm(s) into a less controllable form.

3) Replace the upper with one that's at least 16 inches long, (including possible brake).

4) Ignore the ATF.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do.

But it's just another case of "the government", in this case the Federal government, coming along and f***ing with me when I was minding my own business. I would have thought that they had better things to do with their time and my money.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
They just call it contraband and do the same shit they did with bump stocks in MA.

And if these people actually cared about the constitution, the ATF would not exist.

We didn’t have a favorable Supreme Court back then. I want to see some of this unconstitutional crap get challenged. We’re seeing it in the lower courts.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I still want to know how just about every AR without a brace or stock isn’t considered an SBR out of this. I mean, if I took the brace part off and left the buffer tube, you could still jam it into your shoulder. ?????

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Comments are open. Flood them.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you won't tell them to go fvck themselves, how will you ever muster the courage to pull the trigger on these tyrants when they target you? 🤔🤔🤔
If your sole litmus test is "does he run his mouth in public?",
you need to beware of anyone who offers you a fried baloney sandwich.

191231.jpg

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the picture reference?
Pleased to elaborate; thanks.

What I consider the most chilling arc in Longmire:
The Chance Gilbert(*) story line.
(*) "The leader of an anti-government movement who is both insane and very intelligent".

In it's own micro way, I found it as scary as Hellstrom's Hive.
(YMMV, of course).

Note well:

This is not me making cheap insults of people withdrawing from the social compact.
(The TV series doesn't portray these characters as some great and gathering threat -
it's an isolated group that's like a Manson Family).

And I'm not making a Fargo joke,
even though that is Peter "wood chipper" Stormare;
who delivered in his role as a heavy in Longmire as well.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Pleased to elaborate; thanks.

What I consider the most chilling arc in Longmire:
The Chance Gilbert(*) story line.
(*) "The leader of an anti-government movement who is both insane and very intelligent".

In it's own micro way, I found it as scary as Hellstrom's Hive.
(YMMV, of course).

Note well:

This is not me making cheap insults of people withdrawing from the social compact.
(The TV series doesn't portray these characters as some great and gathering threat -
it's an isolated group that's like a Manson Family).

And I'm not making a Fargo joke,
even though that is Peter "wood chipper" Stormare;
who delivered in his role as a heavy in Longmire as well.
I don't have or watch TV......I can't relate.😊

Top Bottom