ATF intends to reclassify and ban "armor piercing" ammo including M855

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get on the offensive people, and petition this shit.

Petition for m855
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-batfe-banning-xm855-ammunition/XrvVh1cj

Petition for 7N6
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-batfe-ban-7n6-ammunition/cLwKtXGv

And spam all the forums you know with these links, becuase if everyone does thier part we can end this once and for all. We need to show the ATF and Obama Admin that we dont want this shit.

Signed both of them and posted on FB (never did twater)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Beat me to it
10990274_10152688291174142_5001171198351812328_n.jpg
Get out the Vaseline CTD is going to stick it in you again!

I just realized I already have bunch of this crap. Never shot it and don't think I will, it will go I to my ammo archive :)

So every time one of these rifle rounds falls under the handgun AP ban, we complain. What are the chances we could get the AP handgun ammo ban repealed with R majorities? (My guess is that the answer is "not a great chance" which gives me something of an indication of how valuable an R majority is). The truth is that handgun or rifle, an AP ammo ban is stupid.

Lets get on the offensive people, and petition this shit.

Petition for m855
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-batfe-banning-xm855-ammunition/XrvVh1cj

Petition for 7N6
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-batfe-ban-7n6-ammunition/cLwKtXGv

And spam all the forums you know with these links, becuase if everyone does thier part we can end this once and for all. We need to show the ATF and Obama Admin that we dont want this shit.

"• Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets: It is already illegal to manufacture and import armor-piercing ammunition except for military or law enforcement use. But it is generally still not illegal to possess or transfer this dangerous ammunition. Congress should finish the job of protecting law enforcement and the public by banning the possession of armor- piercing ammunition by, and its transfer to, anyone other than the military and law enforcement."

From: http://m.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/wh_now_is_the_time_full.pdf

We're on our own on this one, ladies and gentlemen.

My guess is they'll find a "magical" way of raising the threshold of signatures for the petition started right around the deadline.

However, trying to stop this reclassification of ammo is much better than NOT trying at all.

So every time one of these rifle rounds falls under the handgun AP ban, we complain. What are the chances we could get the AP handgun ammo ban repealed with R majorities? (My guess is that the answer is "not a great chance" which gives me something of an indication of how valuable an R majority is). The truth is that handgun or rifle, an AP ammo ban is stupid.

Rs repeal gun laws in US congress? [rofl]

I'm really getting sick of this crap, pricing and availability has just started to recover after the full retard panic buying created by Newtown. Now everyone is going to be stripping the shelves of m855 and drying that up all over again. Glad I have plenty, but now it's almost useless because I'll be afraid the shoot it and waste any for fear of not being able to replace what I have.[angry]

Going to? It's already gone!

Cheap than dirty, cheap is referring to owner's personality traits
Don't waste time with market gyrations in response to regulatory abuse - let's address the regulatory abuse. Until you have contacted the ATF and your elected critters, there is nothing else to discuss on this matter. Then once you have done it, help others to do the same.

Don't waste time with market gyrations in response to regulatory abuse - let's address the regulatory abuse. Until you have contacted the ATF and your elected critters, there is nothing else to discuss on this matter. Then once you have done it, help others to do the same.

I already did. I admit I copied one of the example letter from internet though. About elected critters...don't know who the heck he is. need to dig a little more.

This might be a little late, but can we please consolidate the M855/SS109 ammo ban splinter threads into one mega thread?

Dicks Sporting Goods announced a killer coupon sale to those on their email list on the 150 round green cardboard "ammo cans" of M855 all this week for $49.95 a box. I got the email Wednesday, picked up my two boxes on Thursday, and was at the register when I realized the coupon didn't start until Friday.

The manager let me use it a day early. Funny, they'll probably sell out at full price anyways. I wonder if that was the idea, knowing they might not be able to sell the inventory once a ban takes effect.

image.jpg

At the moment, I can't REP you again but.... This!

Seriously, xm855 / green tip seriously sucks. It's a lame round I wouldn't pay normal prices for. BUT, that's not the point. They have no business telling us we can't have it, and that's where our focus needs to be

Dicks Sporting Goods announced a killer coupon sale to those on their email list on the 150 round green cardboard "ammo cans" of M855 all this week for $49.95 a box. I got the email Wednesday, picked up my two boxes on Thursday, and was at the register when I realized the coupon didn't start until Friday.

The manager let me use it a day early. Funny, they'll probably sell out at full price anyways. I wonder if that was the idea, knowing they might not be able to sell the inventory once a ban takes effect.

View attachment 128382

Is that an individualized one time use coupon? I can't find anything online for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom