ATF Infringement

Um, EVERY AR pistol??? So if I pull the brace off of my tube, it's the same AR pistol they were selling before but no one was buying???? That's suddenly illegal??? Nahbrah.
Those pistols weren't legal from 1994 until 2004 and still aren't in some states. For all that time time and the time before braces existed, there was no grey area with what was a pistol and what was an SBR. You put anything on the end of that buffer tube, it was an SBR to the ATF. The belief that because something that was not an NFA item yesterday will be one tomorrow won't happen because it sucks doesn't mean it can't happen.

The only argument I can think of is because there are millions of these pistols that are based off rifles now in circulation. That wasn't the case for bump stocks, there were so few of them out there in comparison.

This seems to be all speculation right now, but the firm that is releasing this info probably has a fly near the ATF's head getting a heads up on what's being discussed behind the doors. It's possible this is just what's being discussed, it remains to be seen what will happen.

I think it's way too big to make AR/AK pistols AOW's, that's not gonna fly because nothing in the NFA act specifies that pistols must have a certain weight. It's simply rifled barrel without a stock, that's it, that's a pistol. If the ATF wants a judicial and/or executive bitch slap, they can go down that rabbit hole and enjoy because if there's anything that's going to rally the 2A crowd, it's to start adding shit to the NFA without an act of Congress.

Those pistols weren't legal from 1994 until 2004 and still aren't in some states. For all that time time and the time before braces existed, there was no grey area with what was a pistol and what was an SBR. You put anything on the end of that buffer tube, it was an SBR to the ATF. The belief that because something that was not an NFA item yesterday will be one tomorrow won't happen because it sucks doesn't mean it can't happen.

The only argument I can think of is because there are millions of these pistols that are based off rifles now in circulation. That wasn't the case for bump stocks, there were so few of them out there in comparison.

This seems to be all speculation right now, but the firm that is releasing this info probably has a fly near the ATF's head getting a heads up on what's being discussed behind the doors. It's possible this is just what's being discussed, it remains to be seen what will happen.

I think it's way too big to make AR/AK pistols AOW's, that's not gonna fly because nothing in the NFA act specifies that pistols must have a certain weight. It's simply rifled barrel without a stock, that's it, that's a pistol. If the ATF wants a judicial and/or executive bitch slap, they can go down that rabbit hole and enjoy because if there's anything that's going to rally the 2A crowd, it's to start adding shit to the NFA without an act of Congress.

Besides all of the home built firearms, you've got manufacturers making them;
one local firm can't build them fast enough:

Not too versed in this side of the gun world, but it seems like all the guys who dabble in NFA items might as well go full auto. If you’re gonna be a felon, might as well do it in style.
I know this is NES, but when it comes to NFA items let's not talk crazy. The NFA and ATF combo is the single most dangerous threat to the 2nd Amendment, especially when the ATF is floating the idea of declaring legitimate pistols as SBRs/AOWs and have classified bump stocks as machine guns, which in the future can be used to declare semi auto's as machine guns.

It is absolutely vital that the 2A community do everything it can to invalidate as much of the NFA as possible this decade. If SBR laws can be struck down, we can be free of this bullshit dealing with braces, stocks, OAL's and barrel lengths. I think that this is a very easy thing to do as the Miller case in the 30s only dealt with regards to shotguns.

When stuff like the KSG and Shockwave exists today, I can live without a sawed off shotgun.

Machine guns are a lot more tricky. Machine guns are the third rail of gun ownership, it's something you'll never get Congress to pass a law on undoing their inclusion in the NFA. It's specifically up to the judiciary to strike it down, but with how statist SCOTUS is, I have severe doubts.

The issue with machine guns is it allows the Executive branch to decide what is and what is not a machine gun. So, if Biden and Harris win and illegally decide that all semi autos are machine guns, Congress could impeach them, but you'll never get one Democrat senator to vote in favor of that, so it's the judiciary and only the judiciary that can act.

One need look no further than Obamacare to see what lengths they're willing to go to not rock the boat.

I cannot say what the court is going to do with regards to 2A the next 5-10 years. What I do know is I will not vote for a Democrat for President and if Trump gets re-elected the 2A movement needs to organize a massive million man protest in the capital in regards to the NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, the ATF, and the unconstitutionality of allowing the Executive Branch to interpret firearms laws.

We only every bother to protest when a Donk is in office and it's always a defensive protest to stop and more gun control laws getting passed, when a Republican is in office we need to go on the offense and protest getting laws removed.

Last edited:
Watch the video. He is trying, deep state commies at ATF are playing dirty pool.

I've been reading that if Trump wins he's got a plan to do mass firings in the .fed for some of these faithless democrat bureaucrats. If he gets in I would expect that a lot of these people hopefully get sh*t canned. I'd love to see ATF agents being walked out of their office with their little cardbox box of family photos and big crocodile tears running down their cheeks while they call their spouses asking if the security guard position is still hiring. I'll buy Dom Perignon for that moment!

I've been reading that if Trump wins he's got a plan to do mass firings in the .fed for some of these faithless democrat bureaucrats. If he gets in I would expect that a lot of these people hopefully get sh*t canned. I'd love to see ATF agents being walked out of their office with their little cardbox box of family photos and big crocodile tears running down their cheeks while they call their spouses asking if the security guard position is still hiring. I'll buy Dom Perignon for that moment!
Even Attila? Whoa girl, that's harsh! LOL...

So, is this a good time to dump my AR's for some righteous profit? Somebody should start a thread for that.

Idk, why do anything publicly before the election?
Listening to the MAC stream now and speculation is this is to separate Trump from the base, but also to set the stage for Biden/Harris. Seems like right now the focus at ATF is imported AR/AK pistols will be AOW, but domestic made ones will not, however that will change quick with a Democrat run Executive branch.

Black Lable Johnnie Walker for me for next Tuesday and A Little Bit of the Bubbly if Trump wins and does just that with the alphabet agencies.

I know everyone keeps saying Trump is anti 2a, but his supporters are the vast majority of 2a, plus he definitely knows what they are trying to do because Donald Jr. owns and shoots publicly, multiple AR pistols and a Honey Badger. I don't doubt when he hears / sees this news , he will definitely let PotUS hear about it. Paul

So could the ATF search every previously registered SBR, in theory anyways, to determine if there’s a ”foot fault” and that the registrant is in violation of this new BS?

So could the ATF search every previously registered SBR, in theory anyways, to determine if there’s a ”foot fault” and that the registrant is in violation of this new BS?
I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

I have registered, tax paid, SBRs with real shoulder stocks (or whatever you call that part of a PS90). A gun with a shoulder stock attached is always a SBR/SBS, so this doesn't affect tax-paid SBRs making them need a different tax stamp...

Why would "every previously registered SBR" be an issue?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

I have registered, tax paid, SBRs with real shoulder stocks (or whatever you call that part of a PS90). A gun with a shoulder stock attached is always a SBR/SBS, so this doesn't affect tax-paid SBRs making them need a different tax stamp...

Why would "every previously registered SBR" be an issue?

Fishing expedition by the ATF? I paid my tax stamp too, but given this interpretation I’m trying to figure out what its reach really is versus being limited to the shoulder brace matter on the Honey Badger. If I’m reading too much into it, then there’s nothing to worry about.

It's funny, the 1968 law was written to keep out cheap lightweight pistols, so the official "Factoring Criteria" for importability favors big heavy "pistols" like the 5 pound Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 and its CZ cousins.

I have registered, tax paid, SBRs with real shoulder stocks (or whatever you call that part of a PS90). A gun with a shoulder stock attached is always a SBR/SBS,
Fishing expedition by the ATF? I paid my tax stamp too, but given this interpretation I’m trying to figure out what its reach really is versus being limited to the shoulder brace matter on the Honey Badger. If I’m reading too much into it, then there’s nothing to worry about.
The ATF has never prosecuted any individual owner under 922r, much less a Form-1 building end-user.

In theory, ATF could use "Sporting purposes" and 922(r) to go after people with SBRs made out of imported guns and count the number of imported parts, but that sort of fishing has never been done because it really isn't worth the effort.

For example, the PS90 I mention above was imported in a sporting configuration, sold to a distributor, shortened by a SOT, and finally transferred to my trust on a Form-4. So they'd have to first make up their mind whether 922r even applies, come grab the gun, figure out the parts count and nation of origin of each part, and then even if they did find a 922r violation, they'd have to figure out who to prosecute, as 922r liability attaches to the person doing the assembling (it is not a "possession" charge).

Last edited:
Firings are not enough. Miles long gallows in DC are required. Gallows, as far as the eye can see. These are not Americans.

Back
Top Bottom