• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF in Smyrna, confronted by legislators

Wait, how much did the federal government spend in airfare alone for that inspection? Do they not have agents in GA?
The amount spent to transport the agents there from anti gun blue states is of secondary concern to the fact that they brought them there at all.

...which was ALSO intended as intimidation.
Yes, as another person posted, not really unprecedented. We just don’t have any US congress office holders who would publicize it.

The results from the mill? AFAIK, nothing.

I have said this before on other threads, here it is again. Every ATF agent needs to be stripped of their law enforcement status, made GS-7 unarmed compliance officers. No lateral to any other agency. They can retire or resign if they don't like their new job assignment.

I've heard that there can be concern over the local agents getting maybe too cozy/familiar with the ffl's where they might have more of a tendency to overlook minor infractions or whatever. In a high profile, possibly politically motivated inspection, I'd imagine bringing in non locals would help to minimize any questioning and scrutiny of their own process.
With this recent 'zero tolerance' crap from the current 'administration', I'd assume they're under a bit of added pressure...

I've heard that there can be concern over the local agents getting maybe too cozy/familiar with the ffl's where they might have more of a tendency to overlook minor infractions or whatever. In a high profile, possibly politically motivated inspection, I'd imagine bringing in non locals would help to minimize any questioning and scrutiny of their own process.
With this recent 'zero tolerance' crap from the current 'administration', I'd assume they're under a bit of added pressure...
The ATF has no right to exist. There is nothing that could justify any actions they take.

I have said this before on other threads, here it is again. Every ATF agent needs to be stripped of their law enforcement status, made GS-7 unarmed compliance officers. No lateral to any other agency. They can retire or resign if they don't like their new job assignment.
I wonder if the Hun would have found this line of work so attractive if that was the case…

Back
Top Bottom