• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF FOIA re: bumpstock surrender numbers

Can't have that many illegal machine guns in circulation, better hand Beto an AR-15 and have him go on a door-to-door confiscation mission.

I'm wondering if a large number of those were distributor or FFL inventory which was about to become worthless and written off for disposal.

Yeah, I was wondering same thing, if he had written more specific request it may have been a breakdown. Big difference if many of those from distribution etc vs joe smoe turning them in.

-Mike

Americans don't obey laws in general and we certainly don't obey fake laws. That said, most people would not turn their bump-stock into he ATF, wouldn't they likely turn them over to the Local PD or troopers? No doubt though, 582 to the ATF seems low.

Americans don't obey laws in general and we certainly don't obey fake laws. That said, most people would not turn their bump-stock into he ATF, wouldn't they likely turn them over to the Local PD or troopers? No doubt though, 582 to the ATF seems low.

Those were just the overly paranoid retards.........

Let’s say the 582 represent 10 percent and something like 5000 others simply destroyed theirs.

So Slidefire was able to have a business selling pieces of plastic and was able to be profitable with less than 6000 sold? Over 10 years with 27 employees?

That math doesn’t work.

Let’s say the 582 represent 10 percent and something like 5000 others simply destroyed theirs.

So Slidefire was able to have a business selling pieces of plastic and was able to be profitable with less than 6000 sold? Over 10 years with 27 employees?

That math doesn’t work.

Yes, even at no cost that's only 1.8 million gross at 300 a pop, without seller cut etc... they probably sold 10x that, although who knows how much of that crap is just rotting in warehouses.

Since they had no authority to ban them in the first place will they be returning the 582 to their rightful owners?
How many previous owners will they be reimbursing for devices that were destroyed instead of surrendered?

I mean, surely every device other than those 582 was properly destroyed, right?

I should send them one of these and double their numbers:
51JlE-UHbYL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom