• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F - Grace Period (and free stamp) Expiring 5/31

New 5th Circuit ruling in Mock v. Garland, the relevant challenge to 2021R08-F.

The ruling by 5th Circuit 3-judge panel
  • reversed the order denying a preliminary injunction,
  • remanded the case for expeditious consideration to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, directing the court to rule within 60 days of 8/1/2023, and
  • maintained the preliminary injunction, pending appeal, for 60 days starting on 8/1/2023.

The judge took issue with the Administrative Procedures Act violations, particularly
  • the replacement of Worksheet 4999 with the 6-factor test between the comment period and the final rule, with the latter being made expansive enough to reinterpret at least 99% of braced pistols as SBRs and
  • the ATF's claim that their rule were interpretive rather than legislative, wherein the agency absolved itself of any responsibility for having made changes that have the force of law.

No way to tell what will happen in the district court.

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/fi...0919131/Mock_v_Garland_Opinion.pdf?1690919131

So can someone dumb this down for me? Can I still put a pistol brace on my AR build if I am a member of GOA?
you can do anything within your budget and skillset.

you may be part of a class that is protected from enforcement by the ATF if you are a member of the right groups.

Back
Top Bottom