ATF explains difference between magazine and a clip

nstassel

NES Member
While working on a minor situation for a client I was called by an old acquaintance who is an ATF agent. He and I were talking about various things he's working on and he used the term "clip" for an M4 so I blurt out "magazine". He says that clips are for rifles and magazines are for pistols. After I explain the difference he says hmm maybe you're right but that's how they differentiate the two.

That's not a magazine; this is a magazine
SomervillePowderhouse1935.jpg

Still doesn’t define what joe Biden meant when he said he wants to ban rifles that hold 30 magazine clips. Furthermore, if they ban higher than 10 round magazines, does that mean feeding devices for rifles over 10 rounds are still ok since they’re not considered magazines?

I always find it funny, no matter what the product or industry.... the people who invent, produce, improve, re-engineer said product define the product and the parts... and yet the gov't comes in with their own vague definitions and bastardizations of the same parts... all to confuse in order to exert control.

I work in a gov't regulated industry, and for the most part, they don't (sometimes can't) change and redefine things, but in instances where they can, they will.
I've had to talk to a gov't regulator during an audit before, and after they asked me some questions, I had to tell them I needed to go look for the documents... what I did first was ask my boss wtf they were looking for because I had no idea what they were talking about. Once he clarified it, I didn't even need documents, I went back and answered them.
Ridiculous. Also, they are always suspicious that, what is in reality a mistake, they believe there is some underlying malicious intent.

Someone needs to explain this to Wayne LaPierre, I've heard him calling magazines 'clips' in speeches. What's his excuse (aside from being a giant douche)?

While working on a minor situation for a client I was called by an old acquaintance who is an ATF agent. He and I were talking about various things he's working on and he used the term "clip" for an M4 so I blurt out "magazine". He says that clips are for rifles and magazines are for pistols. After I explain the difference he says hmm maybe you're right but that's how they differentiate the two.
so what they want to do is ban 30 round clips. ok

Back
Top Bottom