ATF, Enforcer of Gun Laws, Lost 'Thousands of Firearms, Firearm Parts' to Thieves

MaverickNH

NES Member

"Since September 2015, the ATF has utilized the National Disposal Branch (NDB), formerly the National Firearms and Ammunition Destruction (NFAD) Branch, to centralize and streamline the disposal process of forfeited and ATF-owned firearms. Each year, the ATF destroys thousands of firearms at the NDB," the U.S. Justice Department's Inspector General noted in announcing a recent report. "The DOJ Office of the Inspector General (OIG) undertook this audit following the discovery that thousands of firearms, firearm parts, and ammunition had been stolen from NFAD from 2016 to 2019."

.gov stealing from .gov…I’m shocked I tell you, shocked.

Funny aside story. A million years ago as part of my fitter/welder apprenticeship in Ireland I landed a cushy 6 months at a power station. All power station in Ireland are run by .gov. So everyone was on the take all the time. One day I was hanging out on the roof dosing off with one of the full time welders and we spot another welder tossing some 1 1/2” gun barrel across the fence into some long grass. We suspected he was building something at home and needed the pipe. As soon as he cleared off my buddy went down and moved the pipe because he needed it more and we just wanted to screw around with the other lad. I stayed on the roof and watched out and gave the all clear. My buddy found the pipe and moved it about 50 yards. Later at quitting time we volunteered for some overtime, aka extra gravy, and headed straight to the roof. A few minutes later your man showed up looking for the pipe. Well, he spend a good 15 minutes walking around in circles and we about peeded ourselves on the roof. He finally gave up and left. We waited till it got dark and loaded the pipe in my buddy truck and that’s all she wrote. We were giggling about that one for week! Good stuff.

Last edited:
I wonder if actual destroyed firearms count jives with "reported" destroyed firearms count...?

So who arrests and imprisons the ATF? Because it's only natural right? I don't see anything in the law that says "It's okay if the ATF breaks the law".
The government doesn't break the law, they are the law LOL. Only we can break the law. The government can even insure that we have broken the law when we didn't. Wake me up when that changes.

Back
Top Bottom