ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

I can understand the delay with the new system and all but I haven't even got my email/cover sheet yet and I submitted back on 12/13 I think, and my file is still in draft form?

I "asked the experts" last week and haven't heard anything back. I called and spoke with someone but they said I needed to talk to a different part of the NFA division? So no help there either.

I can understand the delay with the new system and all but I haven't even got my email/cover sheet yet and I submitted back on 12/13 I think, and my file is still in draft form?

I "asked the experts" last week and haven't heard anything back. I called and spoke with someone but they said I needed to talk to a different part of the NFA division? So no help there either.
Me too, from last February.

Me too, from last February.

Well, my money is on you being smarterer than me so glad im not the only one. Maybe its just hung up because its an SBR from an 80%? I submitted a pic of the 80 and everything under "supporting files" as I had heard there were frequent questions on whether an applicant was SBRing and existing firearm lower vs an 80. I tried to remove any ambiguity.

All my form1 suppressors were super fast, like, submit, get an email the next day, mail prints and a week or two later approved. Spoiled I guess.

Well, my money is on you being smarterer than me so glad im not the only one. Maybe its just hung up because its an SBR from an 80%? I submitted a pic of the 80 and everything under "supporting files" as I had heard there were frequent questions on whether an applicant was SBRing and existing firearm lower vs an 80. I tried to remove any ambiguity.

All my form1 suppressors were super fast, like, submit, get an email the next day, mail prints and a week or two later approved. Spoiled I guess.
No, I put in wrong serial ,# and then had to redo it, they wouldn't let me change it on same form. The second app, got delayed and is still delayed.?

If you're in draft you definitely never completed the process. It either goes to 'pending' or 'pending research' on a successful submission.

If you're in draft you definitely never completed the process. It either goes to 'pending' or 'pending research' on a successful submission.
I already paid my $200. How do I unf*** this?

Id imagine its hard to do as paying is the final step in the process?

My status says "date created" the "date submitted" is blank.

Additionally, if I messed up, it is what it is and all, but I log in daily to see if I have any notifications. I figured if it got denied or whatnot, that would certainly be a notification.

Maybe I'll see if I can edit it or if something is highlighted that needs correction. Which still puzzles me because you can't get to the final "pay and submit" if there's problems.

I got a confirmation email that my payment was processed minutes after I hit "enter"??

Last edited:

Additionally, if I messed up, it is what it is and all, but I log in daily to see if I have any notifications. I figured if it got denied or whatnot, that would certainly be a notification.

Maybe I'll see if I can edit it or if something is highlighted that needs correction. Which still puzzles me because you can't get to the final "pay and submit" if there's problems.

I got a confirmation email that my payment was processed minutes after I hit "enter"??
I’ve heard of this happening, it takes your money but no action. Try to go back in and follow all the way through to certify. At that point it should be marked paid and submit will be your only option.

I’m pretty sure paying and submitting are separate sections of the same screen at the end.

I’m pretty sure paying and submitting are separate sections of the same screen at the end.
Right, after you pay you go back to the certify screen. At that point pay is grayed out and only submit is available. I’ve had some spin forever after submit and had to go back in and hit submit again.

Right, after you pay you go back to the certify screen. At that point pay is grayed out and only submit is available. I’ve had some spin forever after submit and had to go back in and hit submit again.
So your saying I should go in to the final page and look for a submit button?

Sigh....

Well, under advice, I went into eforms, and there it is, lo and behold, the "sign and submit" button, right next to the greyed out "pay" So, I click on sign and submit and it gives me an error, "trouble saving your information, contact system administrator if problem continues"

I navigated the entire application looking for errors, line by line. I did edit "manufacturer" to FMI vs my name for this 80% lower SBR. It gave me the warning that model number was not on file wich I expected.

Anyways, after that edit, I go back to sign and submit, same error, BUT....BUT, instead of "Draft" it says "Pending Research".. Good right? well, as soon as you navigate away from that page it says draft again? On my line item, it has date created on the day I started this, but no submitted date, but if I go to the end and sign and submit, in the bottom left corner of the screen it'll say pending research.

So I call the NFA branch, get this gal that says to "Ask the Experts" via email. I inform her that I did so over a week ago to no avail. So she gives me the email [email protected]

So I email them and provided them with my sad story.....

I don't want to mess things up and delete the file, then start over, I figure there were some kinks in the new system and wanted to just let it play out, these are the finest people our tax dollars can buy and they keep children safe and stuff, but it's getting frustrating.

I dont know what the point of the help line is. I have never, ever gotten help there, in any way shape or form. Just get the office space "mmmmmm yeaaaahhhhh wellllll, okaaaaaaay mmmmmmmm kaaaaaaayyy riiiiiight.....good grief.

I’m guessing someone is going over previous approvals to double check them. I just got an updated approved form for an approval from December because the previous one didn’t have my photo on it. Never even noticed that.

Got it 5 days ago. Fully MA compliant and Kalashnikov USA actually sells pinned 10/30 mags on their website tax free. Got a 5 pack yesterday in mail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-150720_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-150720_Drive.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 30
Nice of you to be the Guinea pig. Less then 4 months ago I was denied for not sending 2 sets of prints for 2 separate Form 1s. I quickly sent another set and it was approved within 5 days. There is ZERO formal process. Its all luck of who gets your ppwk.

I just had two eForm 1s clear this week in 8 and 10 days. It’s actually odd since I sent the cover letters and a set of prints in the same envelope. Anyway if you been sitting on an eForm 1 it seems like a very good time to send it off. I did an Arsenal SAM7K and my replacement Tommybuilt G36c, since the ATF randomly determined the original G36c was a machine gun.

Just got approved for a form 1 submitted 1/10. Freaking 50 day wait. Was getting a little pissed...

So, basically, if you were already in possession of components that already meet the definition of a silencer in the ATF’s eyes, they’re disapproving. That’s not surprising. Can’t you manufacture via a form1 approval a can with components that are not already classified as a can, as the form1 process was intended?

Back
Top Bottom