ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

Submitted eForm 1: 4/13/21
Approved: 8/3/21

In the e-file system, my form appeared under the "approved" header with a date of 5/23. However, the PDF had the 'submitted' watermark and no stamp. I submitted a question via Ask the Expert in May, but never heard anything back. On 8/2 I called the NFA branch, not really expecting anything. The agent took my name and control number and told me he'd escalate to a supervisor. Form approved the very next day. Wish I would have called sooner...

Submitted eForm 1: 4/13/21
Approved: 8/3/21

In the e-file system, my form appeared under the "approved" header with a date of 5/23. However, the PDF had the 'submitted' watermark and no stamp. I submitted a question via Ask the Expert in May, but never heard anything back. On 8/2 I called the NFA branch, not really expecting anything. The agent took my name and control number and told me he'd escalate to a supervisor. Form approved the very next day. Wish I would have called sooner...
I'll have to check after maintenance is done today. Thanks.

Submitted 7/20
Denied 7/26

The good news is it didn’t take incredibly long. Bad news is they’re unforgiving to mistakes. I forgot to attach pictures of LTC.

Woah, I missed this. You got denied just for forgetting to attach the copy of your LTC, or were you denied for other reasons as well?

Woah, I missed this. You got denied just for forgetting to attach the copy of your LTC, or were you denied for other reasons as well?
Just the LTC copy. I made a typo on my post. It was submitted 6/20. So they probably did background checks and etc then denied it at the end.

That's crazy, I feel like they used to just ask you for it instead of denying.
Sometime around the beginning of the year they went to a zero tolerance policy. Any error and it's an instant denial. Years ago it wasn't uncommon for an ATF examiner to email you and ask for a phone number and then call. You could fix things and get an approval right away, those days are gone.

Sometime around the beginning of the year they went to a zero tolerance policy. Any error and it's an instant denial. Years ago it wasn't uncommon for an ATF examiner to email you and ask for a phone number and then call. You could fix things and get an approval right away, those days are gone.

Welcome to Biden's AFT, I guess. :confused:

Not true, either that or the ATF loves me... this gem was approved with no questions asked....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-164558_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-164558_Drive.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 57

Welcome to Biden's AFT, I guess. :confused:
Probably has more to do with the huge increase in applications and an agency with flat staffing levels. If Chipman was running ATF I ‘might’ think otherwise.

Guess my form got fast tracked a bit after getting denied for no LTC attached.

Resubmitted: 7/26/21
Approved: 8/8/21
Congrats. I just had a 12 day approval and I see a bunch of new ones taking 12-14 days on the boards. Seems like it’s the new wait time, if anybody want to do an eForm 1 now is a good time.

Denied because my photo didn't upload correctly. When I resubmit, do I need to re-send finger prints too? Or just the form, payment, CLEO notification?

Back
Top Bottom