• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

ive been lucky, The ATF appears to like my applications. Last Form 1 I even accidently said "yes" to the field that I was an illegal alien and they still approved me.
I'm surprised they didn't give you $200 with your tax stamp for claiming illegal alien?

Is it me or is that form painfully slow with uploads failing and it keeps dropping.

It’s generally bad but it’s horrible right now. Tomorrow is maintenance day, try again after it goes live around 7p.
Well it looks like they finally took my money, wasn't that nice of them. So now I wait for the cover to send in my prints. They should let us submit a scan for prints.

Submitted/eFiled on 1/4, cards arrived in VA on 1/11.

In the interest of full disclosure, I posted about being 24+ days along in the hope that it would make the stamp show up in my inbox this afternoon, forcing me to follow up with a "haha I'm such a stupid a**h***" post shortly thereafter. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
So do you guys keep a copy of the stamp with the gun? Years ago I bought a VFG off ebay and it showed up with somebody's stamp printed out in miniature and folded then rolled up inside. Is it generally good practice in case someone at the range gives you a hard time about it?

So do you guys keep a copy of the stamp with the gun? Years ago I bought a VFG off ebay and it showed up with somebody's stamp printed out in miniature and folded then rolled up inside. Is it generally good practice in case someone at the range gives you a hard time about it?
Nope. Unless they are atf is none of their business

i do.
if the ATF man asks to see my stamp, i want it handy,

I have them tagged in my email and sync that folder on my phone if in a jam i can load it up in theory. But i think the ATF has the powers to actually do a search live as it is 2021.

Submitted 12/13 - got my email saying E forms was changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS.

Got another email 1/12 saying my E forms status was changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS.

This ever happen to anyone?

Having a good time with the ol' ATF website tonight. 😤

Form 1 was completed, fee was paid, hit "Sign and Certify" and was immediately logged out of the site. Haven't been able to log in for the last hour to see if my application was actually successfully submitted. Keep getting this error message every time I click "Log In":

"A system error has occurred: #{loginBean.doLogin}: oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-26061: Error while opening JDBC connection. Please press OK to try and recover from this error."

Of course I received an email saying they received my payment 😆

Having a good time with the ol' ATF website tonight. 😤

Form 1 was completed, fee was paid, hit "Sign and Certify" and was immediately logged out of the site. Haven't been able to log in for the last hour to see if my application was actually successfully submitted. Keep getting this error message every time I click "Log In":

"A system error has occurred: #{loginBean.doLogin}: oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-26061: Error while opening JDBC connection. Please press OK to try and recover from this error."

Of course I received an email saying they received my payment 😆
Same thing happen to me when I did 2 form 1s, between the two I had 3 attempts fail, one failed at the uploads the others when I hit sign. Finally got them to go through. Took hours. And this was on 2 separate days. If I had anything to do with that system I'd be professionally embarrassed. And shutting it down a whole day for "maintenance" :rolleyes:

Same thing happen to me when I did 2 form 1s, between the two I had 3 attempts fail, one failed at the uploads the others when I hit sign. Finally got them to go through. Took hours. And this was on 2 separate days. If I had anything to do with that system I'd be professionally embarrassed. And shutting it down a whole day for "maintenance" :rolleyes:
Good to know it sounds like there’s still some hope, lol. I’ll try it tomorrow morning and report back.

Thanks, Biden.

The Wednesday shutdown is so they can process forms in the system without competing with the public for the system’s resources if I’m not mistaken. Or something.

Just want to update to say that I was able to submit the application with no problems this morning and received the Application Submission Notification email as well. I guess the site was just on the fritz last night. Now the wait begins ☺️

Back
Top Bottom