ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

After 148 days (from delivery date), APPROVED!!!

152 days from eForm submittal.

eForm 1 submitted 7/23
fingerprints mailed 7/25
Delivered 7/27
Approved 12/21

Congratulations but I imagine it makes you wonder what the delay was when other folks are getting approvals on eForms in 15 days. 🤔

Did you have a unique model designation/configuration that had to be researched or did you conform by selecting from the existing established models (drop down menu)?

Or perhaps you have an FBI file that had to be reviewed?

🐯

Congratulations but I imagine it makes you wonder what the delay was when other folks are getting approvals on eForms in 15 days. 🤔

Did you have a unique model designation/configuration that had to be researched or did you conform by selecting from the existing established models (drop down menu)?

Or perhaps you have an FBI file that had to be reviewed?

🐯

FBI review. That’s what took forever.

I wonder if there’s been a post-election rush to submit these.

Just submitted a form 1 this past week and the fingerprint cards were supposed to arrive at batfe today but the USPS is apparently a little tardy. We’ll see how long the approval takes.

Just submitted a form 1 this past week and the fingerprint cards were supposed to arrive at batfe today but the USPS is apparently a little tardy. We’ll see how long the approval takes.
I plan on submitting at least two more this week. Been dragging my feet with my mp5 clone and scorpion.

I just had one approved this week that took 25 days, which is a bit longer than it had been taking. Anecdotally I hear the ATF is allowing some slack in the 10 day requirement to get prints to WV based on the f***ed up mail system.

A little tardy? I mailed my cards a few days before Xmas. USPS made it disappear for about 10 days! I guess it's on its way back to them now?

Submitted 12/6/20
Approved 1/11/21

My prints were sent the day after I got the go ahead but they took 11 days by USPS Priority Mail to get to WV. Took a detour to Arkansas en route to WV.

So the “submitted” date is the date the eform was submitted, not the date the prints we’re received, right?
Correct, there is no update provided that your prints have arrived. You can call and ask them to confirm the prints have arrived, I personally don’t see any value in talking to the ATF. Send them with some kind of delivery notification and that will be your confirmation.

Mine is still in "submitted/in process" since 12-20-20.
I just looked at the NFA tracker and it looks like the average is 43 days, that’s slipped badly recently. Maybe it’s a Biden and pistol brace BS one two punch. It looks like the latest approval is from 12/10, you’re getting close.

I'm clogging their system. I have 3 form 1s pending. My most recent approved form1 from December I paid for tracking on the fingerprints. I agonized for 15 days watching it sit and not reach WV. After 15 days I called WV and they had gotten it 7 days prior. The usps tracking was wrong. It was the first fingerprint set I had ever tracked for about 10 submitted form1s. It stressed me out big-time. Told myself I'd never do it again. I used to mail them off and hope/assume they would get there in time (and they always would). The most recent 3 I did just that, paid $1.50 to mail 1st class and assume they will arrive. I sleep much better at night this way

I wonder if a new Biden ATF will go back to the hindering applications from states like Mass, just like they did right after the Healey edict and before Trump was inaugurated?

My last stamp was submitted by Efile on 5/4/2106 / got notification on 10/7/16 from ATF that my application was held up because Healey's bullshit / wasn't until 1/31/17 was it approved and I got my stamp.

I wonder if a new Biden ATF will go back to the hindering applications from states like Mass, just like they did right after the Healey edict and before Trump was inaugurated?

My last stamp was submitted by Efile on 5/4/2106 / got notification on 10/7/16 from ATF that my application was held up because Healey's bullshit / wasn't until 1/31/17 was it approved and I got my stamp.
I had a stamp get held up around the same time.
Got approved about an hour after Trumps Inauguration.
That was a good day.

Submitted- 12/28
Prints received - no fu cking clue as I don't pay for tracking
Approved- 1/26

2 more form 1's pending

Filed my first form one last night, or at least tried to. Clicked Finish and it jumped to the login screen, no confirmation, nothing. And nothing under Saved forms when I logged back in. Is this normal, some kind of delay? Or did the whole thing fail and I get to start over again?

Filed my first form one last night, or at least tried to. Clicked Finish and it jumped to the login screen, no confirmation, nothing. And nothing under Saved forms when I logged back in. Is this normal, some kind of delay? Or did the whole thing fail and I get to start over again?
Yes. It happened to me this past weekend. Go back in and redo

is there anyway to get an update on the status?
i submitted on 12/26/20 mailed prints on 12/28/20
prints received on 12/31/20
thx
gary

I think you just sit and wait until they give you your stamp or let you know that there's a problem. I'm in the same spot at the moment.

is there anyway to get an update on the status?
i submitted on 12/26/20 mailed prints on 12/28/20
prints received on 12/31/20
thx
gary
The only way to get an update is to call the ATF, you will need the serial number of the NFA regulated item you are calling about. They will basically give you one of two answers on an eForm 1, if it was approved you would know, the stamp would be in your email. They will tell you its "in process", you may be able to confirm receipt of prints but I'm not sure. They may also tell you that you are in the FBI background check portion of the process. They can be reached here,

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch
Voice: (304) 616-4500
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405

ive been lucky, The ATF appears to like my applications. Last Form 1 I even accidently said "yes" to the field that I was an illegal alien and they still approved me.

ive been lucky, The ATF appears to like my applications. Last Form 1 I even accidently said "yes" to the field that I was an illegal alien and they still approved me.
Makes you wonder if some of the people at ATF are just rubber stamping these after getting the $200.

Makes you wonder if some of the people at ATF are just rubber stamping these after getting the $200.
Yea. Perfectly fine for me. Once I submitted it and double checked my work I was preparing myself for a rejected application. Getting approved with the error was a bonus on Biden's inauguration day

Back
Top Bottom