ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

NEED URGENT HELP:

I filed last week.

Moments later I got an email from the ATF stating: "This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to PENDING RESEARCH"

I also received an attachment in the email with the DRAFT of the form.

Is that "The Cover Letter" that gets sent with the prints?

If so, I need to overnight this tomorrow!

I singed onto ATF website. My form says "created" with the date but has no date for SUBMITTED.

Should I expect another email with a cover letter to send along with prints to the ATF?

Do I also need to include another photo?

Thanks!

NEED URGENT HELP:

I filed last week.

Moments later I got an email from the ATF stating: "This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to PENDING RESEARCH"

I also received an attachment in the email with the DRAFT of the form.

Is that "The Cover Letter" that gets sent with the prints?

If so, I need to overnight this tomorrow!

I singed onto ATF website. My form says "created" with the date but has no date for SUBMITTED.

Should I expect another email with a cover letter to send along with prints to the ATF?

Do I also need to include another photo?

Thanks!

Give your dog away, sell your guns, you gon get raided.

I did some more research...

I read that it takes a week or so to get the cover letter...

The email will say submitted and then I mail in the prints...

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/aaos1a/fingerprint_cover_sheet_question/

Last time I used a Trust so I am not familiar with individual filings.

yes and no

most people get the cover letter for the prints right away

i filed on 7/1 and got mine right away

but you're in a holding pattern it seems as they research it more

Applied June 29th.

"Submitted/In Process" July 20th. Cover letter received.

Question:

1. Now I just mail the cover letter with a set of prints?

2. Should I send the "CLEO" copies of the application to the police now?

-OR-

Am I suppose to wait to I get the stamp?

Edit:

I just called up the ATF.

Send the cover letter with prints.

Print out the CLEO forms from the application that was emailed back to me in a pdf.

Send them to the police now.

Last edited:
approved eform 1 short barreled rifle for brand new AR15 lower in mass, submitted June 20th 2020 approved July 19 2020. I had heard the BATFE does not recognize Maura's opinion as law, but now I can confirm it is true.

this isnt as much proof that BATFE does not recognize mauras opinion as law, but rather that they do not enforce state regulations at a federal level

this isnt as much proof that BATFE does not recognize mauras opinion as law, but rather that they do not enforce state regulations at a federal level

I wouldn’t necessarily draw conclusions either way. The ATF refused to approve Form 1’s or Form 4’s for suppressors in VT prior to them being legalized for use on “sport shooting ranges” even though previously it was something like a $25 fine.

Just thinking this through. My wife and I both have wills and trusts, plus a family trust. Convoluted but seemingly the best way to avoid probate and some taxes.

Anyway... does the creation of an NFA trust need to recognize our existing personal and family trusts? Or do our existing trusts need to be modified to recognize the NFA trusts?

The major reason I'd go NFA trust is so I could give my son access to any NFA items we might acquire.

thx

Just got my approval stamp from the ATF. That seems really fast.

Submitted electronically 6/26/2020
Prints Mailed 6/30/2020
Approved 7/20/2020

I guess I will SBR my pre-94 Bushmaster next just to give me my flexibility and remove my pinned brake.

@SteelPlateAssassin - Did yours come in?

Last edited:
Just got my approval stamp from the ATF. That seems really fast.

Submitted electronically 6/26/2020
Prints Mailed 6/30/2020
Approved 7/20/2020

I guess I will SBR my pre-94 Bushmaster next just to give me my flexibility and remove my pinned brake.

@SteelPlateAssassin - Did yours come in?

I was disapproved today, you won the race. I accidentally entered my model wrong on the form 1 and got an email from an ATF examiner asking for photos of my AR. She was nice enough to transfer my fingerprints to my new form 1.

Just thinking this through. My wife and I both have wills and trusts, plus a family trust. Convoluted but seemingly the best way to avoid probate and some taxes.

Anyway... does the creation of an NFA trust need to recognize our existing personal and family trusts? Or do our existing trusts need to be modified to recognize the NFA trusts?

The major reason I'd go NFA trust is so I could give my son access to any NFA items we might acquire.

thx
I had a Will drawn up recently and asked the Attorney about my NFA Trust.
The Attorney said dont worry about it, just keep them separate.
It may be different if you own Machine guns that are worth tens of thousands of dollars, as it drastically effects the value of your estate.
Otherwise the NFA trust is just an instrument of posession and an easy way to change ownership and pass things down to relatives with out paying and waiting for another tax stamp.

I was disapproved today, you won the race. I accidentally entered my model wrong on the form 1 and got an email from an ATF examiner asking for photos of my AR. She was nice enough to transfer my fingerprints to my new form 1.
Doh, what was wrong on the entry but good to see them get processed in the same time frame.

Just filed Eform 1 for a 12.5 5.56. I got stuck at the qualified persons form. Turns out you have to hit Command - on a MacBook to get it to show the whole form. Finally had to ask my wife what I was doing wrong. Stupid Macs.

Just got approved. July 24th application, approved August 11th. I bought the lower brand new the day before I applied. The lower I submitted has only been on the market since may. It is a new product in case anybody is wondering if ATF cares about lower manufacture and purchase dates from MA.

Just got approved. July 24th application, approved August 11th. I bought the lower brand new the day before I applied. The lower I submitted has only been on the market since may. It is a new product in case anybody is wondering if ATF cares about lower manufacture and purchase dates from MA.

Good news! Means I could possibly receive approval in the next few days...

Back
Top Bottom