ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

SIG MCX Virtus - 300BLK 9" Barrel & 5.56 NATO 11.5" Barrel Configuration filed as Individual EFORM

Submitted 4/28
Fingerprints Arrived 5/6
Approved today! 5/22

HOT DAMN 24 Days!

Having the barrel pinned and keeping the fixed stock from what I've read.

View attachment 359234
I've been thinking about doing the same thing with an MCX, only I was going to start with the pistol PMCX-300B-5B-TAP-CANE and add the can and stock. Is there any advantage to starting with the rifle and going short over starting with the pistol and going SBR? And ya, I know, but I want a real stock not a brace.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing with an MCX, only I was going to start with the pistol PMCX-300B-5B-TAP-CANE and add the can and stock. Is there any advantage to starting with the rifle and going short over starting with the pistol and going SBR? And ya, I know, but I want a real stock not a brace.

I started with a legacy 556 MCX rifle and cut the barrel once I stamped it. The beauty of the MCX is how easy it is to swap barrels, so file for a stamp and order the barrel you want while you wait. I have the barrel I cut to 12.5" and a 9" 300blk. I wish I would have gone for the 6.75" 300blk barrel, I will probably grab one when things get better.

You live in a free state now. Stick with the pistol and you only need one stamp for the can instead of two. Saves you the $200, cost of engraving, and the time waiting for .gov to say you're allowed to replace your brace with a stock.

Spend the $200 you would on a stamp on a really nice solid brace. Free state yo!
I have a feeling that sooner or later the Fed will start enforcing the "it's a wrist brace, not a stock" thing and I don't want to be rushing to get a stamp when they do. I don't fault those that want to play that game, you be you, but when it goes bad I'm not going to have any sympathy either, your choice your responsibility.

I'm not sure it would be the sole reason for your application taking so long, I could see that if they emailed you about it and you failed to see it, that could be a reason but they must have been in the process of reviewing my form already to then email me about the LTC.

I submitted late April and got an email on the 18th telling me to upload my LTC to the portal. I did that same day, then it sat there until today when I emailed the guy telling him I did it back on the 18th and wasn't sure if I was supposed to tell him. It was approved 20 minutes later. So if you forget to upload your LTC make sure you respond to them when you've done it.

Submitted eform 1 on 2/11/2020
Still says submitted/processing.
Ugh!

Damn. Everyone els seems to be getting them approved within a month or so. Wonder what the holdup is.

Probably stuck in FBI background check hell. That happened to me on mine.

Basically you're relying on the FBI to do it's f***ing job in a timely and efficient manner. You can stop laughing now.

I submitted late April and got an email on the 18th telling me to upload my LTC to the portal. I did that same day, then it sat there until today when I emailed the guy telling him I did it back on the 18th and wasn't sure if I was supposed to tell him. It was approved 20 minutes later. So if you forget to upload your LTC make sure you respond to them when you've done it.
Damnit. Thanks for chiming in. I'm going to upload mine right now to avoid any delays.

Edit: not until after 6pm when they finish maintenance....

I forgot to upload my LTC (duh) and they emailed me asking to submit, and approved me several hours later. FWIW
I'm assuming I just upload the LTC under the "electronic documents" section?

Hey guys quick question... how hard is it to do on your own? I had someone quote $250 on top of the $200 tax stamp to setup an SBR trust/paperwork

Do you think thats what happened? That would be awesome if that was the case. I figured the ATF just moved along, they are weird like that.
I am 99.9% sure that happened because it’s happened before in mass. Years ago some shit head (ironically it might have been guida before he started playing on our team) either from EOPS or the AGs ofice tried to assert that nfa trusts are not legal in MA. ATF sucked for this. They stalled or rejected trust based apps. Some MA peeps hired Joe Hickson (used to be nfa attorney in this region, now practices Non gun law elsewhere ) And basically he straightened out the NFA branch after having a discussion with their counsel he got the ATF to recognize that the state of Massachusetts was basically blowing smoke up their ass. History likely repeated itself. There have been several other incidents like this with NFA items as well but I don’t remember enough details to accurately describe what happened in those cases....

Hey guys quick question... how hard is it to do on your own? I had someone quote $250 on top of the $200 tax stamp to setup an SBR trust/paperwork
I know people who have used Quicken willmaker trusts but honestly if you really care about the legal integrity of the trust you will get an attorney to do it for you. In my mind it comes down to this- if you’re SBRing a Highpoint carbine, then surely use the stupid software- because if you die your kid isn’t going to give a shit about that gun being destroyed when the trust fails.... [laugh] On the other hand if you decide to put like 20 grand worth of guns in a quicken willmaker trust then you’re probably a nipple head... [laugh]

I know people who have used Quicken willmaker trusts but honestly if you really care about the legal integrity of the trust you will get an attorney to do it for you. In my mind it comes down to this- if you’re SBRing a Highpoint carbine, then surely use the stupid software- because if you die your kid isn’t going to give a shit about that gun being destroyed when the trust fails.... [laugh] On the other hand if you decide to put like 20 grand worth of guns in a quicken willmaker trust then you’re probably a nipple head... [laugh]

Makes complete sense just I had seen some ranging from $80-150 ... ye’ who quoted $250 also saw the wad of cash for a previous purchase. Didn’t want to get taken for a walk

I have a feeling that sooner or later the Fed will start enforcing the "it's a wrist brace, not a stock" thing and I don't want to be rushing to get a stamp when they do. I don't fault those that want to play that game, you be you, but when it goes bad I'm not going to have any sympathy either, your choice your responsibility.

Lol, not sure if serious, there are thousands of the things in circulation, gun shops sell them every day in america and have since 2017. If they renege on the ruling at this point, they are going to have a tough time. They're not going to be able to arrest thousands of people. All of this was their intent to begin with, and honestly I think the people at ATF who originally allowed the braces to be shouldered did it intentionally, so that NFA branch would stop getting swamped with SBR applications. It's a hidden acknowledgement that even some faction within the ATF thinks that the NFA is f***ing stupid.

Lol, not sure if serious, there are thousands of the things in circulation, gun shops sell them every day in america and have since 2017. If they renege on the ruling at this point, they are going to have a tough time. They're not going to be able to arrest thousands of people. All of this was their intent to begin with, and honestly I think the people at ATF who originally allowed the braces to be shouldered did it intentionally, so that NFA branch would stop getting swamped with SBR applications. It's a hidden acknowledgement that even some faction within the ATF thinks that the NFA is f***ing stupid.
I wasn't aware of this letter https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdf but given the ATF's ability to redefine or "clarify" things like this, I still don't trust them to not do an about face and decide it's an SBR. Besides I want a stock, not some silly wrist brace.

I just personally find arm braces shit and the $200 is worth the price to upgrade to a legitimate stock as well as make people OOH and AHH at the range for something as stupid as an alphabet stamp. A lot of people don't even know you can make SBRs in Mass and it's fun to see their initial reactions thinking im some sort of criminal.

Back
Top Bottom