ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

I’m also in an eternal FBI check. Is there anything that can be done?

Probably not. I doubt Katherine Clark, Liz Warren, or Ed Markey would give a shit enough to do anything for me, coz guns.

Theoretically this is exactly what your congressional representative is supposed to be there for, but in Mass I can't see any of them giving a shit. Probably worth it to write your rep an email if you live anywhere else, though.

That said, I'll try writing one to mine. Maybe I'll get lucky and an ignorant staffer will read it instead.

Yah I’m always delayed. I keep telling myself I’ll get a UPIN but it takes at least 6 months. I’ve heard delays for NFA items can last years.

Mine's an eForm 1. I've been delayed maybe two or three times on regular purchases due to having a fairly common first and last name combination.

@psmith01532 was saying he feared years. I sure it’s offers little in comfort but I don’t believe any eForm has exceeded 100 days since the return last fall. It does seem if you are not approved within about 25 days you are probably in FBI hell.

@psmith01532 was saying he feared years. I sure it’s offers little in comfort but I don’t believe any eForm has exceeded 100 days since the return last fall. It does seem if you are not approved within about 25 days you are probably in FBI hell.

Well that's good to hear. I'm at 49 days since prints were received now.

Any inkling as to if this is something I could expect if I were to file another eForm 1 somewhere down the line?

Well that's good to hear. I'm at 49 days since prints were received now.

Any inkling as to if this is something I could expect if I were to file another eForm 1 somewhere down the line?
Good question. My first one was 32 days, the second 21. You may be in FBI hell, or you may have an examiner that's behind.. who knows.....

I efiled form 1 back on 12/28 and just got approved last week. Was stuck in the FBI vortex of hell!!! I called a couple time and they don’t tell you much. Just that is submitted And the date your prints arrived. Approved email came late too almost 9pm.

Yah it was an e-form 1. It’s been about 40 days now. All I do most of the day is stare at the wall wondering when I will be approved.

Yah it was an e-form 1. It’s been about 40 days now. All I do most of the day is stare at the wall wondering when I will be approved.

Well that's not that bad yet. I'd say if it starts approaching the 100 day mark then it's time to write your congress critter. I'm trying to give mine a few more weeks before I try it myself, but I'm approaching that point rapidly.

I efiled form 1 back on 12/28 and just got approved last week. Was stuck in the FBI vortex of hell!!! I called a couple time and they don’t tell you much. Just that is submitted And the date your prints arrived. Approved email came late too almost 9pm.

Sounds like you got dinged and then doubly dinged when the gov't shut down. Sucks, but glad you finally got it.

Eform1 SBR
Pending: 5/18
Approved 6/8

Looked over my form yesterday and realized I entered the SN in wrong. Emailed them with a picture of the markings and they fixed it.

Last edited:
Form 1
Check cashed on 10/26
Approved 6/17

Called today to check the status. Got transferred to my examiner as a letter was sent today asking for a picture of my permit bc apparently silencer shop forgot to submit it. Sent the pic via email and just got a response stating it was approved. Now to have some fun.

Last edited:
Check cashed on 10/26
Approved 6/17

Called today to check the status. Got transferred to my examiner as a letter was sent today asking for a picture of my permit bc apparently silencer shop forgot to submit it. Sent the pic via email and just got a response stating it was approved. Now to have some fun.

What was approved?

Contacted my congress critter this morning to see if her office will do anything to help push the FBI to do their jobs and finish my background check. Not expecting much, but I'll update when/if I hear anything back.

OK, I am on my way into the cool kid, if it pleases the crown, club...

mcx.png

Submitted today, dropped the barrel off at PMM for a chop (12.5"), and will be dropping the print cards in the mail for overnight delivery tomorrow morning.

I also have a 9" 300blk Virtus barrel waiting at PMM as well to run with my Omega9k knockoff tucked into a suppressed hand guard. These rifles are so rad, I can't wait.

Now I just have to fight the urge to go full retard and order a Rattler upper.

Who am I kidding? [laugh]

OK, I am on my way into the cool kid, if it pleases the crown, club...

View attachment 291341

Submitted today, dropped the barrel off at PMM for a chop (12.5"), and will be dropping the print cards in the mail for overnight delivery tomorrow morning.

I also have a 9" 300blk Virtus barrel waiting at PMM as well to run with my Omega9k knockoff tucked into a suppressed hand guard. These rifles are so rad, I can't wait.

Now I just have to fight the urge to go full retard and order a Rattler upper.

Who am I kidding? [laugh]
A priority flat rate envelope is what I use. Youll still get tracking info and save 18 bucks

edit: is that an MCX or MPX?

Is there any kind of acknowledgement from the feds once the print cards are received, or is it radio silence until the stamp is approved? USPS tells me the cards were delivered on July 5.

Back
Top Bottom