• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

NFA wait times are bad already + SilencerCo taking forever = Not good. Perhaps if they ever make Form 4 eFile - I've heard whispers sometime around 2020. I have a Gem-Tech Mist 22 TD that I haven't sent in the paperwork yet (bought back in August) cause yeah.... being lazy.

Now I'm thinking of SBR'ing my other lower now, and buying a third lower.... Damn it.

Yeah, watching this thread has me itching to ditch the pistol plan and just finish my M92 krink kit into a SBR with the Zhukov stock.

And SBR the soon to be mine MCX to run one of those 6.75" 300blk barrels and tuck my Omega9k inside the hand guard. This has me most excited as that would make a sick night gun.

I am having my barrel engraved, but depends on the firearm. I am have a mp5 clone done so barre is not removable.
I found a place local, but they don't seem to answer their phone. I'll try again Monday. I'm just going to go ahead and get both lowers engraved because I'm going to SBR the other one too.

With how quick these seem to be getting processed, I keep looking around at stuff going "what else can I sbr?" The 10/22 TD is on the short list, not sure if there's much point with the ar10. If we could SBS in MA there be a few more applied for already. Sbr a 1911 for use with a mechtech upper?

With how quick these seem to be getting processed, I keep looking around at stuff going "what else can I sbr?" The 10/22 TD is on the short list, not sure if there's much point with the ar10. If we could SBS in MA there be a few more applied for already. Sbr a 1911 for use with a mechtech upper?

Can confirm the 10/22 SBR is a riot. I have a TacSol X-Ring takedown and it a squirrel slayer. Lever guns are fun to SBR, cutting down a 44 Mag marlin lever gun makes a great gun for driving deer. A 300BLK bolt gun cut to 7.5 inches is a riot too. I disagree on the AR10, I SBR’ed my Scar 17 and that thing is crazy fun, loud AF without a suppressor tho. You can’t SBS a shotty? Is this some weird Mass law?

Can confirm the 10/22 SBR is a riot. I have a TacSol X-Ring takedown and it a squirrel slayer. Lever guns are fun to SBR, cutting down a 44 Mag marlin lever gun makes a great gun for driving deer. A 300BLK bolt gun cut to 7.5 inches is a riot too. I disagree on the AR10, I SBR’ed my Scar 17 and that thing is crazy fun, loud AF without a suppressor tho. You can’t SBS a shotty? Is this some weird Mass law?

In people’s republic, SBS must come that way from factory otherwise is “sawed off shotgun” which carries potential penalty of LIFE in prison.

What exodious said^ re: shotguns. I have a skb 500 somebody cut down to 19.5, so I can almost taste how much fun an nfa shotty could be. Also of note, Aquila mini shells are a riot in that thing.

I'd love to sbr a lever, but I'd rather start with a mare's leg and add a stock, less smithing required. Unfortunately, not so simple in this state. That whole "getting an FFL" thing is starting to make more and more sense.

In people’s republic, SBS must come that way from factory otherwise is “sawed off shotgun” which carries potential penalty of LIFE in prison.

It sucks to wait for paper Form 4's, here's hoping eForm 4's come online. At least you can acquire a factory SBS quickly then.

It sucks to wait for paper Form 4's, here's hoping eForm 4's come online. At least you can acquire a factory SBS quickly then.

Does the Democratic People's Republic still classify a factory SBS as a "shotgun" or does it magically become a "firearm" like SBRs?

This is incorrect. A maker of a firearm is not required to engrave the caliber or serial number. An example of a maker would be somebody who uses an eForm 1 to shorten the barrel of a serialized rifle they purchased with a 16 inch barrel. This is what @Steelitall did. A maker only engraves the following,

The maker, (or trust)
City and state. (The state can be abbreviated to the official two letter code or spelled out completely.)

If you build a rifle on your work bench from unserialized parts from scratch you would engrave the information you listed. In this scenario you are the original manufacturer, not the maker.

How does it work if I was to purchase an Sig MCX pattern pistol and make it into an SBR, essentially just replacing the brace with a folding stock. Is the process and requirements the same as when someone buys a rifle and shortens the barrel?

How does it work if I was to purchase an Sig MCX pattern pistol and make it into an SBR, essentially just replacing the brace with a folding stock. Is the process and requirements the same as when someone buys a rifle and shortens the barrel?

I believe it is the same as chopping the barrel. File a Form 1 and you'll have to engrave your name (or name of trust) and town and state when you get your stamp.

Like @amm5061 said it’s the same process no matter how you build your eForm 1 SBR. I did exactly what you want to do, I bought the pistol and eForm 1 mine to an SBR. I wish I had bought the 4inch barrel version instead of the 8 inch. I’m not sure today what is available. Be careful if you decide on the Sig MPX Copperhead. The barrel and flash hider are integral. If you want to run a suppressor you will need to pay a smith to cut off the integral flash hider and thread the barrel. Here is my setup, I love shooting this suppressed with 147 grain ammo.

A8417515-3BE7-4F1A-B5DE-6C54593069CC.jpeg

Like @amm5061 said it’s the same process no matter how you build your eForm 1 SBR. I did exactly what you want to do, I bought the pistol and eForm 1 mine to an SBR. I wish I had bought the 4inch barrel version instead of the 8 inch. I’m not sure today what is available. Be careful if you decide on the Sig MPX Copperhead. The barrel and flash hider are integral. If you want to run a suppressor you will need to pay a smith to cut off the integral flash hider and thread the barrel. Here is my setup, I love shooting this suppressed with 147 grain ammo.

View attachment 280989

Damn you free state people and your easy ability to have cool shit!

Do you get alerted via email when the application has been processed? I find myself logging into the site 3 or 4 times a day .......

You will get your stamp via email when it’s approved. Oh, don’t panic if you can’t see the stamp on a mobile device. You will only see the email attachment via a web client.

Back
Top Bottom