ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

Thats interesting, id call them and get a faxed or emailed copy. I miss the efile system. Everytime i deal directly with the atf they have been more than helpful.ive caled an explained how i screwed up and i got rushed through. I dont think ive ever had a form 20 go more than 30 days from mailing in the 4 or 5 years ive done them.

I emailed them this morning and had a copy 5min later.

Just called. My September Form 4 (not e-file) is still pending. They are still working on July. Looks like it's gonna be 2-3 more months. They originally gave me a 8 month estimate which would've been May.

Why didnt you just do it 2 to 3 months earlier, you'd have it by now?
[laugh2]
[rofl]

My waits been brutal, any day now ill be getting an approval every 2-3 months for the year or more.
im glad the efile waiting is coming to an end, they need to get suppressors off the NFA, that would speed things up considerably

Submitted 7/11/16
Received 7/5/17

Control #3339xx

MPX SBR. Have the stock ordered, barrel has already been cut and a Ti-Rant9 will live half under the handgaurd :)

Called today to follow up on mine. Kind lady on the phone said "Sir, you were approved on July 10th... OH! That's today!" lol. Hopefully see it by Friday.

So I just received my 2nd of 3. Mailed 7/12/16, approved 7/4 (did they really work the holiday?), mailed 7/7, arrived today.

But there is no stamp affixed to the document! I will call them tomorrow, but I doubt they will send me a stamp.

xe4qkz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

25owd4o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So I just received my 2nd of 3. Mailed 7/12/16, approved 7/4 (did they really work the holiday?), mailed 7/7, arrived today.

But there is no stamp affixed to the document! I will call them tomorrow, but I doubt they will send me a stamp.

Does it say approved?? If so dont worry about anything else

So current wait times are almost a year now? I mailed mine out (SBR) last March and was hoping for a nice Xmas gift this year [crying]

So current wait times are almost a year now? I mailed mine out (SBR) last March and was hoping for a nice Xmas gift this year [crying]

I'd give them a call to check status. If you want I can send you the NFA branch #.

Anyone know what the turn around time from approval to in the mail box is? I'm on 10 days..

Has anyone gotten any post-stupid tax stamps back? Are we not commenting? Just wondering if I should even bother submitting anything.

Mine was a paper Form 4. The check was cashed 9/7/16. FFL received paperwork 8/4/17. They sent the forms to transfer my SBR to me back the same day. Should have the paperwork back soon

Once the FFL receives my tax stamp for an SBR on a Form 4 do I need to do anymore paperwork or do I just go and pick up the SBR and my paperwork?

just read I need to do a 4473, check NFA box and no background.

Last edited:
Once the FFL receives my tax stamp for an SBR on a Form 4 do I need to do anymore paperwork or do I just go and pick up the SBR and my paperwork?

just read I need to do a 4473, check NFA box and no background.

You see the antis are right....EVERY transfer needs a backround check, you used the "i had a backround check for my LTC, a background check for the form 4, and then used one of these few bad actor gun dealers who didnt do a background" dont you know a few bad actors sell 90% of firearms used in gun crime?

Why do you hate children?

Back
Top Bottom