ATF Conduct Surprise Inspection at Man’s Home without Warrant VIDEO

Guilty until proven innocent.

The multiple gun thing is retarded. Some companies even sell guns as sets ... example Ruger Vaquero SASS.

I guess, buy the set, get a visit from the ATF ... or buy one on Monday, wait a few days, go back and do another transfer at the FFL = totaly fine. Stupid.

Imagine going to an auction and buying 4 or 5 collectible guns.

20 years ago I would have obliged the ATF guy and shown him the guns and been done with it. Younger and more naive back then. Today as soon as I heard him say you did nothing wrong and I don't have a warrant I would have politely refused, wished them a good day and gone back inside.

20 years ago I would have obliged the ATF guy and shown him the guns and been done with it. Younger and more naive back then. Today as soon as I heard him say you did nothing wrong and I don't have a warrant I would have politely refused, wished them a good day and gone back inside.
Same here. That would be my reaction as well.

I also think the AFT was a lot less political 20 years ago.....so i can see your point.

So if you buy 2 on same day, the FFL fills out a separate form for ATF, right? So what is ATF investigating? I've never had an issue the few times (twice I think) I bought two from an FFL and you go someplace like Shooters Outpost and there are a lot of people buying 2 same day.

So if you buy 2 on same day, the FFL fills out a separate form for ATF, right? So what is ATF investigating? I've never had an issue the few times (twice I think) I bought two from an FFL and you go someplace like Shooters Outpost and there are a lot of people buying 2 same day.

So buy 3 and avoid the ATF paperwork???

:)

i remember buying 3 guns at one time from a shop in massachusetts, maybe around 2015. the shop owner came out and mentioned to me about they would have to fill out a multiple firearm sales form. i understood it was going to that towns pd. meaning the town the shops business license was in. this shop owner wasn't being a shithead about this, i actually took it to mean he was giving me a heads up, and if i didn't want that form generated, to come back on separate days to do the transactions. the shop was so far from my home, i didn't want to have to come back so i told him do it, generate the paper work. just in conversation he said he's never heard of anyone getting questioned over a multiple sale. oh well, that was then.

actually, i guess i've left a paper trail all over the place. i've generated that multiple sale form several times when i was actively buying guns. i suspect a lot of us have just to avoid a second trip later to a shop.

I'm trying to remember here. If you buy two or more handguns from the same dealer within 5 business days, the dealer does the 3310.4. A copy goes to ATF and another to your local PD. Something like that. Jack.

Last year I was in line at shooters and there was a family checking out in front of me. Husband, wife, and an older son. 3 guns each were being bought. A shotgun, AR platform rifle and a handgun each. Wonder if the ATF paid them a visit. Lol

Last edited:
Guilty until proven innocent.

The multiple gun thing is retarded. Some companies even sell guns as sets ... example Ruger Vaquero SASS.

I guess, buy the set, get a visit from the ATF ... or buy one on Monday, wait a few days, go back and do another transfer at the FFL = totaly fine. Stupid.

Imagine going to an auction and buying 4 or 5 collectible guns.
I buy from Rock Island Auctions all the time, three, four, or five is not uncommon.

BTW last auction Glocks were going cheap, even in the one and two gun lots, I'm not a Glock guy but even I was tempted.

Reaction.....Not angry at you.....angry at the situation. ;)

This is an 18 242 violation if I ever saw one.

18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law​

prev | next
Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 696; Pub. L. 90–284, title I, § 103(b), Apr. 11, 1968, 82 Stat. 75; Pub. L. 100–690, title VII, § 7019, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4396; Pub. L. 103–322, title VI, § 60006(b), title XXXII, §§ 320103(b), 320201(b), title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 1970, 2109, 2113, 2147; Pub. L. 104–294, title VI, §§ 604(b)(14)(B), 607(a), Oct. 11, 1996, 110 Stat. 3507, 3511.)

One of my dealers told me the same thing about multiple purchases, I told him I didn’t care.

I’ve made multiple, multiple purchases in a five day period.. Sometimes they get caught in shipping delays or don’t get shipped out when they’re supposed to.. I’m not making multiple trips and inconveniencing myself for something that complete legal

I never heard anything about it after the fact..
I’m sure they got a big file on me at the ATF somewhere… It probably says “this guy sometimes buys more than one gun”

I wouldn’t have shown them anything.. For no other reason then I don’t have to.

Bought 2 rifles a few weeks ago in central MA. Gun shop said he could use the same form for multiple, like it was no big deal. So far no visit 😀.

I’m sure they got a big file on me at the ATF somewhere… It probably says “this guy is f*cking crazy, he wears a bulletproof vest and uses a chainsaw at work. He breaks his leg and doesn't go to the hospital. Bring extra swat if you need to deal with him, but prefer to leave him alone sometimes buys more than one gun”
FIFY.

If I didn't do anything wrong, why are three armed LEO's asking me to show them my guns? All I did was buy two guns at the same time, and you have profiled me and show up unexpected and want me to prove I am not a criminal? I would like to cooperate, but something doesn't seem right here. If you come back with a warrant I will show you the firearms.

They can f*** off.

There is no Federal registration requirement for most conventional sporting firearms. Only those firearms subject to the National Firearms Act (NFA) (e.g., machineguns, short-barrel firearms, silencers, destructive devices, any other weapons) must be registered with ATF.

Let's not kid ourselves that those NCIS check have ever been deleted either.
Every one is sitting on a server somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom