• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF changes rules affecting commercial ammunition manufacturers

Hopefully
They can just keep trying until something sticks.
This scares the industry it should scare us too !
ATF’s sudden and unexpected change in policy on wetted nitrocellulose will likely have a significant impact on industry’s ability to deliver products to the military and commercial markets. Industry members have relied on the exemption for wetted nitrocellulose for many years and are aware of no accidental detonations or diversion of this product into illicit channels. Consequently, it is unclear why ATF believed it necessary to change its policy and, more importantly, why ATF announced the change in a newsletter article with no advance notice to industry.
We are working with ATF to address the issues raised in this alert, including a possible agency announcement of delayed enforcement. We will notify our readers of any developments in the future.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf...e-materials-under-federal-laws/#ixzz4Iqs5tPcl
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I think most gunpowder is imported now and if they ban it's making they would have to stop the imports too. It would be interesting the government stopping the manufacture of ammo when government uses a billion + rounds a year. Even if they gave an exemption to powder makers for government ammo I believe most manufactures would go out of business.

Looks like they recinded the rule so it doesn't really matter now.

.gov is finding out that attacking us straight on isn't working so they're being subversive and banning firearms one little back end law at a time....sneaky but effective. I may not work in every instance but they will never give up trying

August was the 16th straight month of record gun purchases, they can't round them up now as there are just too many. It's come to the point I am thinking the corrupt government built those holding pens for themselves...[laugh]

I don't think this is true at all. I bet what is 100 times more likely is some company with a fat government contract went and complained to a Rep/Senator.

If that law went into effect then the store shelves would have emptied in hours, putting tons of ammo into the hands of the people. The ATF would rather keep it on the store shelves...[smile]

Just remember the largest ammo and powder manufactures in the US are on government owned facilities. Really want to play f*** f*** with civilian ammo supply shut down imports and
If you reload go through your powder supplies.
You wont find alot made in the US. Some ball and Flake powders . As far as I can tell US manufature of extruded powders is nil.

They might be creating it from thin air for now but some day it's going to need to be paid back. On a personal level I truly DGAF because we have no kids to pass this debt down to. I figure "we" is less than .5% of married couples w/o children. Can you say the same?

I had that kind of argument with one of the Biden supporters at work. I pointed out Biden's pro illegal alien positions and how diversity in hiring practices would affect his children and grandchildren in the the future. I asked him how he would feel when it came time for his kid to go to college and was denied entrance because they wanted someone who wore a towel on their head or barely spoke english. All he could do was say my views are racist and xenophobic, like a good little prog robot. I laughed and told him this is what he voted for and he will be living with the results a lot longer than I will.

Also, I played the vid of that black pipeline worker going off on the Biden admin for him. One of the LGBT hires piped up in the background something to the effect of "so you found a token black guy to support your position".

I pointed out that when the illegals are granted amnesty, their uneducated, non english speaking selves will be getting a nice benefits package thanks to him (the Biden supporter) and me. I said the token black pipeline worker would be paying for it too, but he doesn't have a job anymore.

Didn't make a dent

Scary stupid

I had that kind of argument with one of the Biden supporters at work. I pointed out Biden's pro illegal alien positions and how diversity in hiring practices would affect his children and grandchildren in the the future. I asked him how he would feel when it came time for his kid to go to college and was denied entrance because they wanted someone who wore a towel on their head or barely spoke english. All he could do was say my views are racist and xenophobic, like a good little prog robot. I laughed and told him this is what he voted for and he will be living with the results a lot longer than I will.

Also, I played the vid of that black pipeline worker going off on the Biden admin for him. One of the LGBT hires piped up in the background something to the effect of "so you found a token black guy to support your position".

I pointed out that when the illegals are granted amnesty, their uneducated, non english speaking selves will be getting a nice benefits package thanks to him (the Biden supporter) and me. I said the token black pipeline worker would be paying for it too, but he doesn't have a job anymore.

Didn't make a dent

Scary stupid
This morning while waiting for the local weather on NECN I half heard a report that people will be getting much smaller IRS refunds this year due to the spring checks that were issued. I chuckled to myself thinking it’s payback time. Anybody who thought it was free money shouldn’t be thinking about having kids.
Save America. Spay or neuter all liberals and Democrats.

As far as I can tell US manufature of extruded powders is nil.

Now, "Powder Hill", "Powder Mill", etc., are cute names for little quaint housing developments or parks.

Back
Top Bottom