ATF called and left a message about firearms theft from a FFL in Hillsborough County NH

yes, I have since gone incognito on the plates, are you involved with MGC?
No. No club but we went once for an event.

We stop for breakfast at My Sister's Kitchen and then wander over to MFA and do some after breakfast shopping.

Yes. I think we sort of figured that out a long time ago when one or the other of us would post about the special needs baggers at Market Basket.
And also the greeter that was at Walmart years ago, Retired military guy on a scooter. It was during the previous ammo/.22 shortage and we joked that we likely strolled past each other checking out the ammo shelves. Then you may have taken an NES break?

Did you used to have a pick up truck with BogHog plates? I think I saw that once somewhere around here.
That's my MB, too. I go by Milford Firearms once a week on the way to Blue Seal, but have only stopped in a couple of times in three years.

That's my MB, too. I go by Milford Firearms once a week on the way to Blue Seal, but have only stopped in a couple of times in three years.
Are you already passing by or is that the best store for your new place?

We never used to go in because there were some negative reports. But lately the prices have really been OK. Got a good price on a semi auto shot gun a month ago after breakfast.

It was an expensive breakfast! LOL

Are you already passing by or is that the best store for your new place?

We never used to go in because there were some negative reports. But lately the prices have really been OK. Got a good price on a semi auto shot gun a month ago after breakfast.

It was an expensive breakfast! LOL
Do you mean the feed store or the gun shop? I did buy a rifle case at Milford a couple of months ago for my 28" barreled 10/22. But since the panic I have avoided shopping for firearms and ammo. I like to buy in bulk when things are "normal" so that I can ride out times like the past 18 months. Visited Shooters for the first time in almost two years today and was amazed at how little product they had.

Do you mean the feed store or the gun shop? I did buy a rifle case at Milford a couple of months ago for my 28" barreled 10/22. But since the panic I have avoided shopping for firearms and ammo. I like to buy in bulk when things are "normal" so that I can ride out times like the past 18 months. Visited Shooters for the first time in almost two years today and was amazed at how little product they had.
Gun shop. DH checked when we got home and couldn't find a better online price for what we got. We don't buy much anyplace right now. We don't need anything and also don't want to pay the insane prices. The last time I was at Shooters it was empty and a friend drops in often and says the same. MFA was well stocked on guns the last 3 times we were there within the last 2 months. Probably why they got robbed. No theft inventory any place else.

I also go to Blue Seal for chicken feed. :)

Hah! Is that what that call was? It came from 202-648-9999. I let Google answer it and there wasn't a reply so I marked it as spam. I did get the email as well... I guess we know which houses are getting raided 1st when the 2A is outlawed don't we?

Anyone know how bad they were hit? Nick's not just a local but a longtime supporter of ranges and events.

Got call. Dove under bed. . Can I come out?
Screw that.
Move over.
35wzgv.jpg

When you get these calls and emails, do they just notify you that there was a burglary of an FFL in the area, or do they give details such as specific guns and S/N's to look for if someone tries to sell them to you ???

When you get these calls and emails, do they just notify you that there was a burglary of an FFL in the area, or do they give details such as specific guns and S/N's to look for if someone tries to sell them to you ???
This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Please ensure the security of your inventory and property, and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-367-5762 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen.
No useful info that you could act upon.

No useful info that you could act upon.

So they tell you an FFL was robbed and a bunch of guns were stolen, but they don't give any specifics, so how are you supposed to know if any of the stolen guns end up in your shop ???
I guess that's typical of how most government agencies operate.

I remember back in the 90's when Ed McIlehny opened his shop in Waltham, he had a "quarantine" case.
When he took in a used gun, he had to give the local PD the serial numbers and they'd check them for stolen. If one came up "hot" from a home burglary or whatever, he'd have to surrender it to them and eat the loss. But it ensured that he didn't resell any stolen guns, and maybe the rightful owner had a chance to get it back.

Last edited:
So they tell you an FFL was robbed and a bunch of guns were stolen, but they don't give any specifics, so how are you supposed to know if any of the stolen guns end up in your shop ???
I guess that's typical of how most government agencies operate.

I remember back in the 90's when Ed McIlehny opened his shop in Waltham, he had a "quarantine" case.
When he took in a used gun, he had to give the local PD the serial numbers and they'd check them for stolen. If one came up "hot" from a home burglary or whatever, he'd have to surrender it to them and eat the loss. But it ensured that he didn't resell any stolen guns, and maybe the rightful owner had a chance to get it back.
Not just that but only telling us that it was in Hillsborough County (a very large county) is like telling someone it was in Norfolk County in MA (also a huge county). Not a clue what town it was in as well as what to look for turning up elsewhere.

That blows, Nick is a great guy. Hope he had lotsa good stuff safe in that big safe!!

I’ll have to stop in and get the scoop after work.

These calls seem so inexplicable to all the FFLs...

Maybe someone in the Boston AFT office
is rebelling against gun control laws,
and giving people a heads up that
now is the right time to claim that your shop
has suffered a Tragic Boating Burglary?

Back
Top Bottom