• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF audit

Glad to hear it was OK.

What was their attitude towards the process? Were they just looking for gross violators or were they looking for any undotted i they could use to screw you?

Also glad it went well. I'm also curious about how they are, what they are looking for? Are they fair or are they looking to jam you on BS.?

Glad to hear it was OK.

What was their attitude towards the process? Were they just looking for gross violators or were they looking for any undotted i they could use to screw you?
The attitude has been very professional over the 32 yrs that I have been doing this. Never an issue, probably because I keep my paperwork in good order. I know there are horror stories out there, but I've found every audit a pleasant experience. I think they like me. Jack.

The attitude has been very professional over the 32 yrs that I have been doing this. Never an issue, probably because I keep my paperwork in good order. I know there are horror stories out there, but I've found every audit a pleasant experience. I think they like me. Jack.

I'm glad it all went well for you, Jack. [thumbsup]

Glad to hear it went well. I figured the people doing inspections would've been dicks but I'm happy they werent

Did they take copies or pics or take notes about any of your paperwork?
No. The usual proceedure is to check to see that all licenses are current, examine the last several 4473s, compare their NFA registration forms with mine, check the serial numbers
of all firearms againt's what's in the bound book, provide any updates or changes in the regs, allow me to ask questions, talk about the weather and what they CCW. Very easy. The time it takes depends on the number of firearms involved. Try it, you'll like it. Jack.

Tom, you know the answer to that one. The answer is "yes", most of them were interviewed for their FFL by the same examiner, a very pleasant lady. Jack.
Do you need a special license to mill out 80% people into FFLs? If you spit out a lot of them do you need a high capacity or machinedealer license?

You can do only four a year and have no more than ten in the same bldg. Jack.

Isn't there a way you could do more than that? Then, of course you'd probably have to pay taxes and do all the stuff a regular manufacturer does.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom