• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF at the West Springfield gun show—why?

beangado

NES Member
Just came back from the West Springfield gun show and noticed that the ATF had a table there. I kind of felt sorry for the guy sitting there. He must have been quite lonely because people avoided the table like the plague.

I wonder who in the ATF thought this was a good expenditure of tax payer money and what they hoped it would accomplish.

Learning about guns?

Maybe looking for post-ban goodies because the sellers were ratted out?

Heck, they were probably there to see new stuff anyway! or they were simply there because "They Can"! LOL! maybe they were counting the people that looked their way and then avoided them! hehehehe

There was two of them there on Saturday. It was pretty comical to watch people spot the table then give it wide berth while avoiding eye contact. I talked with one of them for a few minutes about some C&R stuff and picked up a couple of applications. I overheard a dealer asking about straw purchases and changes to some form. Pretty safe bet they would have rather been somewhere else on a Saturday. On the way home I did notice some helicopters but I'm sure it was nothing.

I figure this was one of three things, a community outreach program, just like the police do. Or They were enthusiasts who wanted to get in on the "pre show" deals, or the were there to monitor their super secret DNA sampling devices they installed near the entrance to collect all of the show goers DNA

And no tinfoil hats were handed out before entering the show?!?[shocked]

Anyone who attended is doomed and you're going to prison!

::sarcasm mode off::

On the way home I did notice some helicopters but I'm sure it was nothing.

untitled2.jpg

[smile]

Jeez, they have to do something with all the money taxpayers give them. They might as well hang around and answer the random question or two.

Just community service. Doing their job answering your questions. They've been there before. They are usuallt young troops, but then these days everyone is young to me...

My friends at M&M reloads told me that when the ATF set up shop at Wilmington, they saw many dealers hurriedly put items into boxes and take them out to their vehicles.

To me that screams those dealers had something to hide. Maybe good reason the ATF was there then. When the dealers have bad stuff and try and hide it, that's saying something about the dealers - avoid them.

Back
Top Bottom