• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Agent Gets Arrested, Video from Officer Cams

Very simple answer, Sir, I would like to do that for you, but I obeying you last command. The ATF Thug did not attempt a dialog, just a pissing contest.
Spot on about the pissing contest. ATF guy is obviously, in his mind, superior to every one at he scene. The fact that local cop was a bit over the top does not excuse ATF guy's failure to comply. If he had complied things would have been sorted out quickly.

Spot on about the pissing contest. ATF guy is obviously, in his mind, superior to every one at he scene. The fact that local cop was a bit over the top does not excuse ATF guy's failure to comply. If he had complied things would have been sorted out quickly.
There is a lot of that in LE. I’ve heard some horror stories of troopers jamming up town cops etc just for the lols.

There is also the element of not being used to being on the receiving end of the boot. I think both sides didn’t act 100% correctly, but ATF guy kind of got the shit end.

No. ATF guy even forgot that he had an ID on a lanyard around his neck. He had many opportunities to keep the situation from going sideways yet chose to be an a**h*** and make things worse. His appearance and behavior was sketchy. Based on the video, ATF guy needed a drug test or psych eval. Easy to armchair quarterback the cops. Maybe dispatch dropped the ball, but the guy was still an ass.

Yeah the first thing i thought was that he was day drinking or on something. Very strange behavior from the ATF guy

I'm not excusing the behaviour of the locals .
I'm just amused at the fact that someone who's purpose in life is to violate half of the United States constitution on a daily basis got a taste of the loving they dish out daily to the unwashed masses .
At least the local yahoo's didn't shoot his wife in the head or roast his kids alive.
He should consider it a good day.

Looks like more or less, the same story.

No, its not the same.

The update is that the ATF agent has now filed a lawsuit and there are some additional "observations & assertions" mentioned in the article:
Burk claims the incident happened as he worked a routine assignment. The lawsuit claims Burk attempted to retrieve an illegal shotgun while wearing “casual professional” attire, reported The Columbus Dispatch. But Burk could be classified as looking disheveled, even before the altercation with police. So when the resident called 911, 20-year veteran officers Joseph Fihe and Kevin Winchell responded.
Burk acted oddly when police approached. Footage shows him offer a litany of excuses why he couldn’t comply with their demands to stand down. So Columbus officers tased the agent. But the suit alleges those officers acted improperly.

“Agent Burk acted lawfully and posed no immediate threat to officers Fihe and Winchell or anyone else,” the lawsuit said. “Agent Burk did not resist the officers, attempt to flee from their custody or display any physical aggressiveness towards them.”

Last edited:
No, its not the same.

The update is that the ATF agent has now filed a lawsuit and there are some additional "observations & assertions" mentioned in the article:
He had filed a lawsuit already, I thought.

The responding officer responded oddly too. How do you pull a firearm and demand a guy show his hands while his hands are already showing, then demand ID then demand he stop moving his hands then complain he didn't show ID when you didn't let him show it, using this "refusal to ID" as justification for the arrest?

He had filed a lawsuit already, I thought.

The responding officer responded oddly too. How do you pull a firearm and demand a guy show his hands while his hands are already showing, then demand ID then demand he stop moving his hands then complain he didn't show ID when you didn't let him show it, using this "refusal to ID" as justification for the arrest?
Conflicting commands seem to be standard practice.

I said it before, The Thug from ATF did not even try to establish a dialog. He made no attempt to tone down the penis wagging contest. He got what he deserved. How many times has he gone out and abused others? Oh, now it is found out that he is a thief!! Yet he is still employed?

I said it before, The Thug from ATF did not even try to establish a dialog. He made no attempt to tone down the penis wagging contest. He got what he deserved. How many times has he gone out and abused others? Oh, now it is found out that he is a thief!! Yet he is still employed?
He said he was a Federal Agent, then the responding officer continued with nonsensical commands to him.

There are enough f-ups to go around on this.
The PD Dispatcher screwed up.
The responding officer royally screwed up
The ATF agent screwed up for sure, but more than a little of his screw up is more than mitigated by the hot mess that was the PD's part of the situation.

He said he was a Federal Agent, then the responding officer continued with nonsensical commands to him.

There are enough f-ups to go around on this.
The PD Dispatcher screwed up.
The responding officer royally screwed up
The ATF agent screwed up for sure, but more than a little of his screw up is more than mitigated by the hot mess that was the PD's part of the situation.
They all screwed up but ATF guy is going to have a nice house on the beach for his retirement out of this.

The ATF guy was holding papers in his hand. How do you escalate to weapons drawn? Based on the woman's accent her husband may not be a citizen. The CPD missed the "use of force continum."

Last edited:

Lol, did you just assume he had a dick?

He works for the ATF. He probably had a dick at some point that day.

I see no issue with the LEO. Too bad Fedboi didn’t have brandish a handgun so the cop could have used deadly force. One can dream.

Cop #1 trying too hard while asserting his command presence. What exactly required weapons drawn on guy with his hands showing? Some rando 911 call that said "man with gun"? No attempt to talk to the agent to find out what happened? Ridiculous.

What followed was LE Theater. And the lawsuit is justified. If that apt dude did not legally own a shotgun then I want it confiscated from him. He may had his wife make the call to swat the agent - what happened to that guy after all this?

Everyone involved is probably retired now or will be after the lawsuit.

I dont know why, but I read this thread title fast and thought the video was from officer Cams, meaning - from @cams

LOL

I was laughing at that too, surprised it took this long for someone to say it. Def not me tho, I put electrical tape over mine. 👌🏻😎

You figure out where the mic hole is too, so they only hear "bwanana durfa duka, mohafmmed jihad" on the other end? ;)

Cop #1 trying too hard while asserting his command presence. What exactly required weapons drawn on guy with his hands showing? Some rando 911 call that said "man with gun"? No attempt to talk to the agent to find out what happened? Ridiculous.

What followed was LE Theater. And the lawsuit is justified. If that apt dude did not legally own a shotgun then I want it confiscated from him. He may had his wife make the call to swat the agent - what happened to that guy after all this?

Everyone involved is probably retired now or will be after the lawsuit.
More or less my point. What does the departmental policy say about drawing a weapon and taking aim?

What does the policy say about issuing commands?

I bet the policies require a clear and imminent threat to draw the weapon and take aim.

I also bet the policies require clear and concise communication with the suspect.

Drawing down on a person standing there with their hands in full view is probably against policy, especially when you do it practically before speaking.

Issuing the command to show hands when they are already in plain view, then demanding ID but demanding the suspect not move their hands to get the ID then using lack of ID as justification for arrest sure seems like a lack of clear communication.

That sort of communication also surely seems like it would be a hazard to the suspect, in that confusing, unclear, or contradictory commands are likely to result in an officer involved shooting in a similar situation.

Back
Top Bottom