• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Agent Gets Arrested, Video from Officer Cams

No. ATF guy even forgot that he had an ID on a lanyard around his neck. He had many opportunities to keep the situation from going sideways yet chose to be an a**h*** and make things worse. His appearance and behavior was sketchy. Based on the video, ATF guy needed a drug test or psych eval. Easy to armchair quarterback the cops. Maybe dispatch dropped the ball, but the guy was still an ass.
ATF certainly was entitled and "I am a federal officer" etc and clearly was shocked by his treatment. Yes he could have de-escalated by following directions but it should never come to this. Why was the gun drawn in the first place? Blaming the victim is an interesting approach. Just because he is an ATF enforcement agent and we by nature hate his existence does not change the fact that he was the victim here. He was going about his day job doing it properly when CPD went all Rambo on his ass. Pretend for a second it is you with your daughter selling girl scout cookies and some thug pulls his gun on you as his first action?

ATF certainly was entitled and "I am a federal officer" etc and clearly was shocked by his treatment. Yes he could have de-escalated by following directions but it should never come to this. Why was the gun drawn in the first place? Blaming the victim is an interesting approach. Just because he is an ATF enforcement agent and we by nature hate his existence does not change the fact that he was the victim here. He was going about his day job doing it properly when CPD went all Rambo on his ass. Pretend for a second it is you with your daughter selling girl scout cookies and some thug pulls his gun on you as his first action?
They do it to regular people all the time which is why regular people are laughing about them doing it to themselves. You do want police officers to make it home at night, no matter what? There you go, a little extra caution so the cops could be safe, happens all the time. You should be celebrating those officers for their caution and devotion to making it home from their shifts.

They do it to regular people all the time which is why regular people are laughing about them doing it to themselves. You do want police officers to make it home at night, no matter what? There you go, a little extra caution so the cops could be safe, happens all the time. You should be celebrating those officers for their caution and devotion to making it home from their shifts.
I guess you are intentionally missing the point. CPD are thugs and should pay. The fact that the person they abused this time was an ATF agent does not change my opinion one way or another. He did not deserve it and no one deserves it. The fact that CPD had more than enough information to avoid the issue and that the escalation was totally unnecessary means there is some chance of fixing this.

I guess you are intentionally missing the point. CPD are thugs and should pay. The fact that the person they abused this time was an ATF agent does not change my opinion one way or another. He did not deserve it and no one deserves it. The fact that CPD had more than enough information to avoid the issue and that the escalation was totally unnecessary means there is some chance of fixing this.
Are you a LEO?

I didn’t watch the video, no need I’ve seen it firsthand before and already understand how f***ed up Fed/Local LE can be on the reg. Embarrassing to say the least.

I will say that the entire situation could’ve been avoided if the Fed had simply called the locals and asked for a uniform to accompany him since he’s in plain clothes, or at the very least made the same call as a heads up that he’s working and will be at ‘this’ address if anything goes to shit. Pretty easy to avoid the f***ery, but ego’s and turf always take precedence to the populations safety.

well if there is any justice, the PP will use the weapon that was to be confiscated on a Columbus police officer

Karma...

This was wrong starting with the Columbus dispatchers instructions to the caller and the way they dispatched the call.

I hope the ATF guy takes them to the cleaners and makes them pay out of their own pockets.

I remember a while ago taking the wrong turn in Manhattan. I turned into this nice neighborhood and some dude jumped in front of my car with the hand up signaling me to stop. Behind him was a non descriptive black USPS truck and a bunch of USSS agents started running out breaking the wooden door in what appeared to be a nice home. There were no local donuts there.

Right wrong or indifferent the ATF guy was an idiot, I’m former LE and when I was if a cop drew down on me and told me to get on the ground I would have done it. Call me an idiot or whatever I don’t give a F’K, yea the Cop completely overreacted and is a tool but what you see in the video is why we have all these cops shooting people. I don’t give a shit if your black or white, comply and live to explain your innocence. The ATF moron could have gotten shot by this loser cop as soon as he motioned his hand towards his wasteband.

I couldn’t watch the whole thing. Cop #1 is a total pussy that needs to be in a different line of work. He made the situation more stressful and then couldn’t handle the stress.
No. The ATF agent is a c*nt. He wouldn't show ID to the person in the house. Wouldnt show ID to the cops.

If he jsut showed ID and was waiting for the cops with his ID on hand, it would probably have been fine.

Then, the ATF guy resisted. Just be chill and let them cuff you then check the ID you should have had on your hand to begin with. No need to be a b*tch. Its like arguing with a cop when they pull you over for speeding. Arguing won't get you anywhere.

Right wrong or indifferent the ATF guy was an idiot, I’m former LE and when I was if a cop drew down on me and told me to get on the ground I would have done it. Call me an idiot or whatever I don’t give a F’K, yea the Cop completely overreacted and is a tool but what you see in the video is why we have all these cops shooting people. I don’t give a shit if your black or white, comply and live to explain your innocence. The ATF moron could have gotten shot by this loser cop as soon as he motioned his hand towards his wasteband.
Yup. The CPD were in the wrong, but the ATF agent was an idiot. Follow the instructions so you don’t get shot, then file a complaint or a lawsuit later.

No. The ATF agent is a c*nt. He wouldn't show ID to the person in the house. Wpuldnt show ID to the cops.

If he jsut showed ID and was waiting for the cops with his ID on hand, it would probably have been fine.
Let’s be real, because the barely speaking English lady said so. You weren’t there and you or me don’t know wtf happened when he knocked on that door. It could be the case here, hwever, every agent I have work with from 3 letter agencies has always provided creds on official business.

Let’s be real, because the barely speaking English lady said so. You weren’t there and you or me don’t know wtf happened when he knocked on that door.
Based on the rest of the video, he probably didn't show anything.

Yeah, we're not going to be in agreement on this one. Could care less that he's ATF. From the PD's perspective, there was an armed 'perp' attempting to gain (force?) entry into an apartment without properly identifying as LEO. There are multiple things to observe in the video that support this such as comments that he was trying to open the door without permission to enter and no apparent warrant. ATF guy even forgot about his ID on the lanyard until it was too late- he could have worn that externally. When the cops arrived he was uncooperative to the point it was illogical. He was behaving as if he was impaired- either mentally or via some substance. He looked a bit like your typical dirtbag and not professional at all. Also his manner of resisting was classic dirtbag, "I have a medical condition! My wife's pregnant! I can't breath!" and other assorted BS like fighting the officers trying to put him in the vehicle. If I were that guy's supervisor and saw that particular body cam footage I'd have demanded a drug and alcohol test on the spot. Honestly, he looks and acts like a drunk or a druggie. Either that or he's having a psychological problem.

Given the circumstances, I find no fault in how the local PD handled the situation. Everyone went home without surprise ventilation despite the sketchy behavior from the ATF guy.

Yeah, we're not going to be in agreement on this one. Could care less that he's ATF. From the PD's perspective, there was an armed 'perp' attempting to gain (force?) entry into an apartment without properly identifying as LEO. There are multiple things to observe in the video that support this such as comments that he was trying to open the door without permission to enter and no apparent warrant. ATF guy even forgot about his ID on the lanyard until it was too late- he could have worn that externally. When the cops arrived he was uncooperative to the point it was illogical. He was behaving as if he was impaired- either mentally or via some substance. He looked a bit like your typical dirtbag and not professional at all. Also his manner of resisting was classic dirtbag, "I have a medical condition! My wife's pregnant! I can't breath!" and other assorted BS like fighting the officers trying to put him in the vehicle. If I were that guy's supervisor and saw that particular body cam footage I'd have demanded a drug and alcohol test on the spot. Honestly, he looks and acts like a drunk or a druggie. Either that or he's having a psychological problem.

Given the circumstances, I find no fault in how the local PD handled the situation. Everyone went home without surprise ventilation despite the sketchy behavior from the ATF guy.
You need to go to other sources to get more of the back story. The ATF agent DID identify to the occupant of the house as ATF and provided his badge number which was read to the CPD dispatcher. The CPD dispatcher chose to dispatch multiple officers to the scene even knowing they had a confirmed ATF agent present. That caused the cluster f***.

CPD then escalated whether through ignorance by the officer (failure of dispatch to inform) or through thuggary.

because if my daughter is going door to door selling cookies, she has a sidearm on her, and that her presence is reported as someone potentially impersonating a police officer.

No. The ATF agent is a c*nt. He wouldn't show ID to the person in the house. Wouldnt show ID to the cops.

Then, the ATF guy resisted. Just be chill and let them cuff you then check the ID you should have had on your hand to begin with. No need to be a b*tch. Its like arguing with a cop when they pull you over for speeding. Arguing won't get you anywhere.
IMHO this incident is best described as "professional retard conference".

Because the answer to that question changes the facts?
It changes your reaction to the facts as they appear on video. You are angry cause a fellow LEO got an unjustified cop gun in the face. Us peasants have worked through all the stages of grief and just expect this sort of thing to happen because it does. And when it happens to a LEO and they get all huffy about it it is funny to us, cause we were all outraged about this stuff several decades ago, and have long since moved on. If the cops don't know you are a cop you better act like a peasant.

You must have missed the earlier post about the resident calling the PD with the agents info? Where/how did you determine that he refused to present ID to the resident?
Did you watch the video where time and again he told the cop that where his credentials were at? He also did have a gun pointed at him which is not the best time to be reaching into pockets to get ID.
Cop #1 is a pussy and afraid of his own shadow.

You must have missed the earlier post about the resident calling the PD with the agents info? Where/how did you determine that he refused to present ID to the resident?
Did you watch the video where time and again he told the cop that where his credentials were at? He also did have a gun pointed at him which is not the best time to be reaching into pockets to get ID.
Cop #1 is a pussy and afraid of his own shadow.
That's true but I don't think anyone here should be absolved of blame I mean if you start to look at it critically this is like a tolerance stacking fail / retard conference problem.... with the end result of those usually being a shitshow.... it's kind of like breaking all the gun safety rules simultaneously nothing will save you from crashing at that point....

Back
Top Bottom