At what point do you take a defensive stance when someone approaches you in your car?

I carried a can of SABRE pepper spray in the door pocket of my car. When it hit it’s expiration date, I discharged it with the wind at my back. It just sputtered and fizzled a bit. Maybe hot car storage reduces shelf life?
I expect the thermal cycling does it no favors
SABRE said:
Do not leave your SABRE pepper spray in any area that may exceed 120° F or drop below 32° F . Excessive heat or cold may cause the can to leak or burst. Do not store your SABRE pepper spray in your car.

I get where you are talking about. But I'd strongly resist actually 'displaying' the firearm. That could go either way. The guy will say you had a tire going low and he was just really REALLY intent on telling you about it.

Once he's closed the distance, things change, but initial flash of a firearm is bad juju in my opinion. Others may come in and counter, and I live in a pretty solid 2A state.
I can't argue with that. If I'm alone in the car, then the pepper spray comes first.
If my grandkids are in the car, and I'm fairly certain its a road rager coming at us, then its the firearm. Don't even come close.
The windows are closed and door locked, so I give him/her a chance to change their mind.

I carried a can of SABRE pepper spray in the door pocket of my car. When it hit it’s expiration date, I discharged it with the wind at my back. It just sputtered and fizzled a bit. Maybe hot car storage reduces shelf life?
that's exactly what happens when exposed excessive heat/cold. I carry mine in my pants pocket and throw them away each year and replace them

I get where you are talking about. But I'd strongly resist actually 'displaying' the firearm. That could go either way. The guy will say you had a tire going low and he was just really REALLY intent on telling you about it.

Once he's closed the distance, things change, but initial flash of a firearm is bad juju in my opinion. Others may come in and counter, and I live in a pretty solid 2A state.
Firearm only comes out at the point of no return. That said, a brandishing charge is superior to be deaded by some nutjob.

This is my truck. The 5hrs note is how long, start to finish to install a 275lb bumper (strongly recommend a front end loader to hold in place). Unless you have two buddies capable of holding 137.5 lbs each while you crawl under to bolt it in place.

Why? Because I’m not going to be the next Reginald Denny and I like my truck too much to dent it on filthy hippies/burn, loot & murder or Antifa.

Attachments

• BEDC3893-E5A6-4075-A176-927B41F081D2.jpeg
    BEDC3893-E5A6-4075-A176-927B41F081D2.jpeg
    750.2 KB · Views: 15
Pepper spray pro tip.

After hosing down your assailent, make sure to toss him your car piss bottle.

"Here try this."

He'll think your are showing him mercy by giving him water to rinse his searing eyeballs.

Double burn equals double the fun!

I would say in Robbins case where he blocked Roux off Robbins clearly did not feel threatened (also having his window down as roux approached) asking him what his problem is and why is he blocking him off only to be stabbed by robbins. After stabbing roux Robbins went out for breakfast with his girlfriend and to work the rest of the day never turning himself in because clearly he even knew he was in the wrong. In my opinion Robbins literally got away with Murder.

Back
Top Bottom