At violence hearing

The main reason I didn't want to be interviewed was . I had a dental emergency week the before last and had two front teeth yanked . And I can't afford the implants or a bridge . I didn't want to look like a tooth less red neck ( not that there is anything wrong with that ) . The antis think thats all we are . So I thought why give the antis a picture to go with the stereotypical image . Also I have trouble with " S's " because of the missing teeth . Again didn't want to reinforce a negative image .
Believe me I have the stats on the issues down .

The main reason I didn't want to be interviewed was . I had a dental emergency week the before last and had two front teeth yanked . And I can't afford the implants or a bridge . I didn't want to look like a tooth less red neck ( not that there is anything wrong with that ) . The antis think thats all we are . So I thought why give the antis a picture to go with the stereotypical image . Also I have trouble with " S's " because of the missing teeth . Again didn't want to reinforce a negative image .
Believe me I have the stats on the issues down .

I'm glad you talked me out of it. I would have flipped out and lost my cool. Especially with their NBC/Comcast affiliation.

Aha, I get it now. At the Worcester hearing, I handed the reporter a piece of paper with a bunch of written quotes. She was very nice, and very interested, and I think she used at least one of them in an article.

Great for all that showed up. On a side note, I had the opportunity to speak with senator Eldridge at Harvard sportsman's club today. He said virtually nothing will get out of committee, except grant money for school security and mental health programs. He said that the only people calling in their reps are us. Keep up the good fight- it's not over yet!

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

oldsoldier29 I hear you . Rosenberg said about the same at my brother inlaws club a few weeks ago ( Franklin county ) And Naughton has said almost the same . But there still politicians and I don't believe what they say untill it's proven .

Aha, I get it now. At the Worcester hearing, I handed the reporter a piece of paper with a bunch of written quotes. She was very nice, and very interested, and I think she used at least one of them in an article.

That's a safer way to do it. Once I opted out they went to the bumbling fudd who insisted that mass has a gun show loophole. Tundra02 almost lost his mind on this guy over the idiocy coming out of his mouth.

As for what's ahead I'm with Tundra02 again. I'll believe it when I see it.

That's a safer way to do it. Once I opted out they went to the bumbling fudd who insisted that mass has a gun show loophole. Tundra02 almost lost his mind on this guy over the idiocy coming out of his mouth.

As for what's ahead I'm with Tundra02 again. I'll believe it when I see it.

They will do what it takes to get re-elected.

oldsoldier29 I hear you . Rosenberg said about the same at my brother inlaws club a few weeks ago ( Franklin county ) And Naughton has said almost the same . But there still politicians and I don't believe what they say untill it's proven .

I agree with you there. Eldridge was pretty keen on learning-he admitted he knows very little about the current gun laws, but knows that we need to focus on criminals, and, his words, the current bills don't do that.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

They will do what it takes to get re-elected.

Mat this point if that's what it takes, so be it. It beats a protracted fight for a natural right.

I agree with you there. Eldridge was pretty keen on learning-he admitted he knows very little about the current gun laws, but knows that we need to focus on criminals, and, his words, the current bills don't do that.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Admitting they don't know them is a positive step in my eyes.

I'd like to see more fair licensing... I wonder if we can push that. While I'd live constitutional carry, in the interim I'd like to strike down chiefs discretion. I think we can garner some support for that.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Great for all that showed up. On a side note, I had the opportunity to speak with senator Eldridge at Harvard sportsman's club today. He said virtually nothing will get out of committee, except grant money for school security and mental health programs. He said that the only people calling in their reps are us. Keep up the good fight- it's not over yet!

This is all well and good, but don't get lulled into a false sense of security. This is important. Don't stop fighting this fight. Ever. The so-called progressives have demonstrated they don't quit. We can't either.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

He's a politician. He's either:

1) Lying to you
2) Grossly misinformed

I hope he's right, but Im not going to rest on that one.

It could very well be that these bills are going to be eyerolled because they're impractical or repetitive to what's failed in the past.

Again, he could be right....but then again, I didn't count on a "president" Obama, a Secretary Kerry or a war in Syria either.

I hope he's right, but Im not going to rest on that one.

It could very well be that these bills are going to be eyerolled because they're impractical or repetitive to what's failed in the past.

Again, he could be right....but then again, I didn't count on a "president" Obama, a Secretary Kerry or a war in Syria either.

I'm sure he's just telling that to gun owners to try and put them at ease/keep them complacent.

I think our best bet is to get language inserted into other bills here and there as small corrections. It would be easier to do, and not cause all these hearings. Also, there are a TON of rules and regulations which could be addressed in addition to the actual laws.

I don't know what search brought me to this post, but in review, we have not made much progress with Massachusetts gun laws in the past 7 years. Something needs to change.

...but in review, we have not made much progress with Massachusetts gun laws in the past 7 years.
jesus, we're mostly fighting the same battles now as in 1970 when i got into firearms. i don't remember ever gaining much, if any, ground. but sure as hell they keep chip, chip, chiping away at us. it's demoralizing at times.

Also ladies and gentleman , according to the Holyoke chief of police , The cops have all your LTC/ gun info if you get pulled over . He seemed like he didn't want to admit the fact .

is this true ?
i guess I’m a naive senior citizen, maybe just dumb
i was under the impression that this info didn’t come up when they run your info

I am told by reliable sources that when they run your information during a traffic stop, and remember they run the plate and the registered owner before they ever get out of the car if not sooner, that LTC information does come up.

I don't know what search brought me to this post, but in review, we have not made much progress with Massachusetts gun laws in the past 7 years. Something needs to change.
evidently we did it wrong. we should have looted and burned buildings and attacked innocent bystanders and police officers as well.

Back
Top Bottom