• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

At the range with ABC 6 news

With the RI Senate hearings tonight on gun control, I am taking a reporter from Chan 6 out to the range this morning to show him the ridiculousness of the ban. Not sure when the footage will air, but will post when I know.

REMINDER: Please show up at the hearings TONIGHT at the Statehouse starting at 4:30pm to show your support!!!!!!!!!!

Write and call your Senators and Reps!!!!!!!!

Maybe we NESers can show some support. I'm from metrowest Boston. RI is a very short drive for many of us. I'll be there.

This is no time to get tired/burned out! The antis won't quit, ever.

Trusting the media.... They're more likely to say look at this tacticool killy rifle in the hands of someone who doesn't need it for anything more than satisfying his own morbid desire to own it. Look at all the dead babies down range.... Oh the horror.

Channel 6... they're the ones who covered our house fire a few years ago. Back story: faulty outlet in the spare room sparked and smoldered, thousands in smoke damage, and the smoke killed our two dogs. We also had a hedgehog, a 16 ft burmese python and 6 foot redtailed boa at that time, all housed in that same room. I called animal control to remove our dead dogs from the room so my fiancee would not have to deal with seeing her lifeless dog. Channel 6, being the shitheads that they are, aired a video of the firefighters taking the 16 footer out and putting him in our jeep followed by them bringing out the hedgehog in her cage and then made the claim that "there were so many animals, animal control had to be called to round them all up". I called and told them the truth of the matter and they never issued a retraction or even attempted to correct their mistake.

The media doesn't give a shit about the truth, they want the ratings, and going to the range is not going to get ratings like a demonstration of how super killy a certain gun is. Might I suggest using targets that are too small to... I dunno, digitally overlay an image of Obama on in post-production?

Remember, these are the same shitheads that took video of us when we were deployed and then cut my friends interview, which stated something along the lines of "We walk these streets with machine guns and grenades to keep watch over the people who cannot protect themselves. These kids are out playing soccer now, people walking the streets without fear because we stand ready to act with violence on their aggressors", to state "I love watching the kids running from my machine gun". The wording is not exact, but the idea is the same. They WILL manipulate the video to their own ends. Don't think they COULD, know that they WILL and watch what you say at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

I have worked with the reporter before and have no fear of that

I hope you are right.

I will be @ the state house holding a sign that reads "These bills will NOT improve public safety, only compromise it!"

Last edited:
I was half asleep when I posted this morning, yes, it is "compromise." I was up till about 3 last night (this morning) writing testimony against the proposed bills

Good luck RI brothers & sisters. I can only hope your legislators listen to reason.

MA's got to be right around the corner for this junk too.

Back
Top Bottom