• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

At the doc's office, today.

Took my wife to her OB/Gyn today and confirmed that she's totally pregnant. Hooray me, I totally had a ton of sex! [smile] Anyway, during her Q & A session where the nurse was asking our family history and lifestyle, the dreaded "do you have firearms in your house?" question came up. I answered truthfully, and then asked her why she asked us, thinking she was going to say "oh, guns are dangerous and scary and evil and they will murder your baby after it's born a horned, racist conservative!"

Instead, she somewhat shocked me and said "I just wanted to let you know the dangers of indoor shooting while pregnant, because the air quality can be harmful, and a lot of people don't realize just how toxic things like reloading can be if you don't wash up and change your clothes before handling a newborn." I was quite satisfied with her answer. [grin]
First of all, major congrats are in order! Good for you, sir! Second, I always answer in the negative to such questions. All of this information that you provide gets reported to insurance companies and eventually, the government. Especially under Obamacare. Your wife can still go shooting with you. Just take it to the outdoor ranges and she will be fine.

Congrats on being preggers.

My girl got the "do you have any guns in the house" question today at my son's check up. She told the nurse no. Which is true, SHE doesn't have any guns in the house.

We got asked "the question" at our 2 week follow-up for our little one.

I told her politely that I'll decline to answer. She said that, "That's fine. I just think everybody should have at least one gun in their home for self defense."

Ah, New Hampshire.

Congrats! We just met our new little guy a couple weeks ago.

The biggest thing I can say is find health care providers who agrees with your views. Shop around for a Midwife, OB, and ultimately a Pediatrician.

Midwives are awesome and cheaper than hospitals! Watch "The Business of Being Born."

Feel free to PM me any questions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom