At least wait to get off Airport property

"Carden was charged with possession of firearm without a firearms identification card, possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card and disturbing the peace. Police said Carden was licensed in a state with a non-reciprocal license to carry laws and was going to drive to Maine."

Is "intent to carry a loaded pistol" a thing? Presumably, his gun is confiscated, he’s fined and let go…unless they are taking Bruen angst out on him.

ok, now that I've read it.....

I can't figure this. The kid goes as far as knowing all the laws regarding checking his gun at the airport, flying to Boston, all that...I don't fly much and I've never taken my gun on a plane, so I would imagine there is some bit of to-do process to learn and go about here........then........after he passes all that, he walks out in broad daylight at the curb and starts loading rounds....

I don't get it.

I can't figure this. The kid goes as far as knowing all the laws regarding checking his gun at the airport, flying to Boston, all that...I don't fly much and I've never taken my gun on a plane, so I would imagine there is some bit of to-do process to learn and go about here........then........after he passes all that, he walks out in broad daylight at the curb and starts loading rounds....

I don't get it.

When I was 22 I knew some laws about guns, but not the one that said I couldn't buy a Thompson and swap the factory barrel out for one that I bought in Shotgun News that was like the one the gangsters had in Chicago had in the 30's.

So, it's plausible.

I don't get it.
muscle memory...

It's hard to overcome...

I don’t care what state you’re in, taking your gun out on the sidewalk in front of an airport and loading it in plan view is going to get you hassled by the police and most probably arrested for at least disturbing the peace. Just a dumb thing to do all around.
Dumb shouldn't mean arrested if no harm or threat of harm occurred.
Detention to assess the situation and issue a highly condescending instructional session on how to be discrete - no issue with that.

Dumb shouldn't mean arrested if no harm or threat of harm occurred.
Detention to assess the situation and issue a highly condescending instructional session on how to be discrete - no issue with that.
Sorry, wasn’t meaning to imply he deserved to be arrested, just saying that even in a “free” state, loading a gun curbside in front of an airport would probably get you a trip to the station for disturbing the peace.

Sorry, wasn’t meaning to imply he deserved to be arrested, just saying that even in a “free” state, loading a gun curbside in front of an airport would probably get you a trip to the station for disturbing the peace.
Agree - depending on the state a disturbing the peace might stick.
I wasn't trying to say that you agreed with a disturbance arrest just stating my opinion alongside yours that dumb by itself shouldn't result in an arrest but should include some level of hassle to prevent further stupid.

He scared the sheep
Yup, while it might not be the brightest idea to load your handgun in plain view on the sidewalk in front of an airport, I can actually see where the kid might have been coming from. In most states, particularly in the south, a gun is no big thing. You see them all the time and they are part of the innate culture. It’s like the folks at CMP always ship ammo in the normal, marked boxes. Never even occurs to them to use “Discreet Overbox Packaging”. Just another example of the left leaning states and the “but GUNZ!” mentality. Who knows, in Mississippi it might be completely normal for folks to load up their carry piece as soon as they get out of the airport's security zone.

This.........a kid that grew up in the south probably, never had any idea that he couldn't carry here because its normal down there.

He just assumed he had the constitutional right to carry everywhere like 2A says he has.

Yeah, but wouldn't you at least check before leaving considering the potential for trouble? That's one hell of a thing to just wing it and find out.

I dated a MA prosecutor for a while. One of the things that got her to stop being a prosecutor is that one day she was asked to prosecute a guy from another State for a similar gun related incident.

The guy did nothing wrong except for having a gun in MA that someone saw and called the PoPo (that is as much detail as I will give).

She is a gun person and felt it was total BS.

I didn't ask her how it works, if they can reject the case or what happens on their end if they don't take it.

Back
Top Bottom