At least nine Americans killed in Mexican highway ambush

Did anyone see the Vice documentary about the Mormon colony in Mexico that Mitt Romney's family was associated with? Pretty hardcore , one patriarch leader of the colony
sent a death squad up to the US at one point to settle some scores with a breakaway sect.

I read that the LeBaron family had relatives lost here. They've been fighting the cartels for a long time.

I think the elements causing instability are a bit different. The Mexican folks have given up on their own country and rightfully so given corrupt adminstration after corrupt administration. Why hang around to watch it burn when you can pack up n head north?

It's not a religion based war. It's the cartels vs the poorest of the poor. I think if you put the cartels on the run and shut out Mexico until they make any kind of legit effort as a start things could change. Take the gloves off and bury the animals. Endless war maybe, but being able to cross by land air and sea a bit easier than crossing an ocean first would be beneficial. I guess its another damned if you do situation. Just sick of the same crap a lot closer to home than the middle east.

I think the elements causing instability are a bit different. The Mexican folks have given up on their own country and rightfully so given corrupt adminstration after corrupt administration. Why hang around to watch it burn when you can pack up n head north?

It's not a religion based war. It's the cartels vs the poorest of the poor. I think if you put the cartels on the run and shut out Mexico until they make any kind of legit effort as a start things could change. Take the gloves off and bury the animals. Endless war maybe, but being able to cross by land air and sea a bit easier than crossing an ocean first would be beneficial. I guess its another damned if you do situation. Just sick of the same crap a lot closer to home than the middle east.
Even if you eliminated the cartels, you would still have a country riven by corruption, rife with crippling poverty, and tremendous income inequality. It’s a broken country, even without the cartels.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. The phrase “failed state” is using the word “state” as follows:

“a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government.”

So “failed state” means a failed country with no effective government like Somalia or Afghanistan. It doesn’t mean a state of the United States that is messed up.

I did misunderstand you, while in agreement with you.

We already have endless wars in the failed states of Afghanistan, Syria, and Iraq. We don’t need another one. Invade Mexico because a dozen US citizens are dumb enough to live in Mexico? No thanks.

We can’t fix Mexico and we have no business trying. It is up to the Mexicans to fix their country.

I know if it were my kin I would not be sitting on my hands....I would use every means to bring justice to these animals... but that’s just my opinion. Eye for an eye!

I'm all for ending the war on drugs. However, if that isn't going to happen, let's have a friggen war - with air support, the whole 9 yards. Get it done quickly.

There is no "winning" they'll just hide their shit till we leave then continue where they left off.

-Mike

Why? Why do you think we could solve Mexico’s problems any more than we have solved Iraq’s and Afghanistan’s problems?
Too late. Mexico would be a semi-civilized place called South Texas. It would even have been better off as a economic basket case territory like Puerto Rico.

I'm all for ending the war on drugs. However, if that isn't going to happen, let's have a friggen war - with air support, the whole 9 yards. Get it done quickly.

You want to see a real refugee crisis at the southern boarder, do exactly this. We have enough BS to deal with the last thing we need is to lock horns with Mexico.
Starve the beast, put our army along the boarder, seal it off the right way, with man power and guns pointed outward. Then watch the cartels fight over the scraps of who to sell there junk to, problem self corrects in a few years if that.

I know if it were my kin I would not be sitting on my hands....I would use every means to bring justice to these animals... but that’s just my opinion. Eye for an eye!
Again, for what? Where does it end? You go in, you kill a bunch of people (most of whom will have had nothing to do with the attack on the Mormons), spend trillions of dollars, lose a bunch of our soldiers killed, and then what? You will have made a bunch of enemies and created a bunch of insurgents out of ordinary people.

We can’t fix Mexico. No matter what we do, the Mexican government will be horribly corrupt top to bottom. No matter what we do, the vast majority of Mexicans will be living in dire poverty. No matter what we do, a small number of Mexicans will own the vast majority of land, wealth, and power. The conditions that caused the current situation will still exist and when we pull out the insurgency and drug cartels will come back out of hiding.

There is no way to win in Mexico. We don’t have enough blood and treasure to police every craphole in the world.

Last edited:
Based on what ive heard about some of these mormon dudes down there, last night was probably a bad night to be anybody they saw as a threat.

We could let Mexico fix itself - shutdown the border; land, sea and air. AirDrop some old heavy & light machine guns, some old LAWs and those old trash M4s from training with C-130 roll offs. Maybe even some old mothballed Hummv’s.

Do some intel gathering on where the people that are sick of this BS and focus the drops there.

Lots of blood letting - but our Revolution, 1812 & Civil War were no cake walk either,

Did anyone see the Vice documentary about the Mormon colony in Mexico that Mitt Romney's family was associated with? Pretty hardcore , one patriarch leader of the colony
sent a death squad up to the US at one point to settle some scores with a breakaway sect.

I just saw the documentary today. Probably explains why the cartel shot up a bunch of women and children. Apparently the drug cartels and the Mormons have been going at each other for a while.

We should've owned Mexico by now. I don't even count it as a country anymore. When your army tucks tail after taking a high value prisoner (chapos kiddo) you suck. When these cartel folk can walk or drive around and everyoonnee knows who they are without issue you suck. The list goes on.

I used to get a newsletter compiled by active and retired cbp. Every week it was a different place but the results were the same. Horrific violence perpetrated by cartels without consequence. Not much has changed. Just a new three letter designation for the different factions. Rip to those lost. I hope moab lands on the responsible group's hq.

There's a lot of people in the US ALREADY complaining about how many Mexicans are here. So what you're advocating for is that the US should just invade Mexico and what - make them part of the US? If we did that - we wouldn't have just some of them here - we'd have ALL of them here. You should go look at what happens every single time the US gets involved in another country: a whole bunch of the people from whatever country it is - immigrate here. It's what happens to all empires - it happened to Rome, it happened to Britain (why it's full of Muslims now) - and it's been happening here. 'Owning' Mexico would probably be the final nail in the US's coffin.

Here's one solution to the "Mexican" problem: stop using their phucking drugs. That's something each and every American could do all on their own without the government's help and without having to send in the military. Just stop taking their phucking drugs. I've gotten to the point where I put as much blame on all the druggies as I do on the cartels. The truth of the matter is that if there weren't so many Americans drugging themselves up there would be NO cartels.

Cue the whining for picking on the poor addicts.

[crying]

Curiously silent are all those dumbasses who were shrieking and pearl-clutching when then-candidate Trump correctly called many Mexicans criminals and murderers. Where are those voices now, we wonder?

We've been telling people Mexico is a failed state and third-world shithole for twenty years, and their narco-enterprise makes Somalia look organized and civilized by contrast.
Some people are aghast at Pres. Trump's offer to co-operate with Mexico in wiping out the cartel, but we see this as evidence of how far the U.S. has fallen. 50 years ago, we would have simply sent two divisions of Marines, the 1st Armored, the 82nd Airborne and the 101st Air Assault divisions south, with orders to stop at the border with Guatemala, and sorted their shit out right quick, permanently, and told the UN and OAS to kiss our shiny white asses in reply if they'd so much as burped about it. Martial law and brick-wall justice by firing squad would end this nonsense in about six months, as most of their citizenry knows exactly who the crooks are; most of them, they elected themselves.

That pussification of America you keep hearing about?
This is it, writ large.

Build the goddam wall, post troops on it, declare a three mile death zone for anything seen moving on the other side to the limit of direct fire weaponry, and round-up the illegal collaborators on this side, and start repatriating them southwards with a trebuchet, or pushed out of C-130s from 5000' AGL. I don't care which.
You're already fighting cartel skirmishes on this side of the border, and have been for decades. It's only going to get worse here.
Get that conflict over with now, while you have a chance to prevail.
And anybody that thinks legalizing drugs will end this can be placed in the second wave of trebuchet launches, to argue their case in Sinaloa and Michoacan, like the low-IQ f***tards they are.

If we're going to have a war on drugs, let's have a real one, where we use B-52s and napalm.
I'd give us quite an edge if we went about it that way.
Clearly, half-assing it for half a century hasn't worked whatsoever, but the quickest way to end it is to surrender. Exactly as the Mexicans have already done.

In sum, as noted over at Fran Porretto's site the other day:
"You must fight."

Not a sharply worded letter to the editor; not at a stupid rally; not at some jackassical street theater that accomplishes nothing but a set-piece ambush to get you killed, injured, arrested, or discredited; but by actually loading weapons and shooting back. (In fact, for the brighter lights, shooting first might be a wiser course of action. Your enemy can't react well with bullets in his liver. Just saying.)

Our neighbor to the south is a failed state, one step from open revolution and collapse, and has been for thirty years.
The media has been lying to you since the 1960s, since they realized they could, and get away with it.
The deep-state government wants to decapitate, metaphysically or actually, depending on the weather, the only leader that opposes them at every step, and has been owning them for three years, for the only time since the 1980s.
And their minions - at every level - want to take from you the only means to resist.

Inevitably, if you let that happen, the boxcars start loading just afterwards.

I can't paint the picture any clearer or bloodier.
Shit is coming down, and it's going to land on you, no matter where you are, or think you can hide.

You. Won't.

I read something about them being part of a sex cult:

I'm not knocking sex cults mind you. I was actually thinking of starting one.

I read something about them being part of a sex cult:

I'm not knocking sex cults mind you. I was actually thinking of starting one.

I had no idea Mormons were into elite sex cults. They always seem so 50s style of wholesome and prudish to me. Even so, I am puzzled why Mexican drug cartels would care about some sex cult (other than to get membership).

Vice had a documentary about Mormons vs cartels ... and the victims where connected to the same people the documentary was about ... the documentary is about 6 years old and is worth a watch

I had no idea Mormons were into elite sex cults. They always seem so 50s style of wholesome and prudish to me. Even so, I am puzzled why Mexican drug cartels would care about some sex cult (other than to get membership).

Go watch the Vice documentary about the Mormon "colony" down in Mexico and how they've been having issues with the drug cartels for quite a while now.

In one of the segments the guy goes into this little hut thing and shows how they leave offerings to the patron saint of drug smugglers. So even though they're drug dealers who go around killing people by the dozens - it doesn't mean they don't have some sort of "morality" that they think they adhere to. Mexico is largely Catholic - so the drug dealers and cartel members were brought up in that environment. In their heads it's probably completely logical to be smuggling drugs and killing people - and thinking that plural marriage and sex cults are immoral.

The logic in your head doesn't necessarily = the logic in their heads.

Go watch the Vice documentary about the Mormon "colony" down in Mexico and how they've been having issues with the drug cartels for quite a while now.

In one of the segments the guy goes into this little hut thing and shows how they leave offerings to the patron saint of drug smugglers. So even though they're drug dealers who go around killing people by the dozens - it doesn't mean they don't have some sort of "morality" that they think they adhere to. Mexico is largely Catholic - so the drug dealers and cartel members were brought up in that environment. In their heads it's probably completely logical to be smuggling drugs and killing people - and thinking that plural marriage and sex cults are immoral.

The logic in your head doesn't necessarily = the logic in their heads.

Okay, I finally watched it. Interesting, I had no idea all that stuff was going on.

Here's one solution to the "Mexican" problem: stop using their phucking drugs. That's something each and every American could do all on their own without the government's help and without having to send in the military. Just stop taking their phucking drugs. I've gotten to the point where I put as much blame on all the druggies as I do on the cartels. The truth of the matter is that if there weren't so many Americans drugging themselves up there would be NO cartels.

If it wasn't for the stupidity of .gov prohibition, this wouldn't be a problem. Blaming the druggies = pointless, not like they're going to feel guilty about it or anything, they're already f***ed up enough to stick needles in their arm and throw them in gutters, etc. And they wouldn't be buying their drugs from the cartels if it wasn't because .gov bullshit... so keep that in mind.

-Mike

If it wasn't for the stupidity of .gov prohibition, this wouldn't be a problem. Blaming the druggies = pointless, not like they're going to feel guilty about it or anything, they're already f***ed up enough to stick needles in their arm and throw them in gutters, etc. And they wouldn't be buying their drugs from the cartels if it wasn't because .gov bullshit... so keep that in mind.

-Mike

I'm not against the legalization of drugs. But............. I think that needs to be closely followed by liberalization of some other laws.

Like if some guy who's high on coke smashes into my car - I get to beat the shit out of him.

I'm also opposed to public funding of rehab centers and all that crap.

Sooner or later all the druggies would get sick of waking up the next morning with broken bones - wondering what happened the night before , and the ones who simply can't stay clean will overdose and off themselves.

The way I've come to see the problem is that all of the government laws are just interfering with the natural order of things: which in the case of druggies is that some people just want to rely on substances to get high. That seems to be a universal part of the human condition. So I'm fine with removing the laws.

But the other component of that natural order of things - is that people who do you harm or break our stuff - get punished, sometimes severely. The world just simply doesn't work correctly without repercussions. Which is why leftist political thought is usually just completely unmoored from human reality. They go out of their way to remove repercussions from human society.

Get rid of ALL of the laws that interfere with the 'natural' order of things - and let the whole mess sort itself out.

It's not going to be pretty.

But the other component of that natural order of things - is that people who do you harm or break our stuff - get punished, sometimes severely. The world just simply doesn't work correctly without repercussions. Which is why leftist political thought is usually just completely unmoored from human reality. They go out of their way to remove repercussions from human society.

Get rid of ALL of the laws that interfere with the 'natural' order of things - and let the whole mess sort itself out.

It's not going to be pretty.
that is unless you disagree with them

-Mike

So in a roundabout way, the Puritans of olde England caused this.

It was their thinking that led to the prohibition laws which led to the cartels which led to the massacre.

With everything else we've done to Mexico (F&F for one) Mexico should just declare the USA to be a clear and present danger and invade us or something. Hell, we don't even have a wall to defend ourselves.

If we shut off the welfare spigot, we can legalize everything - heroin and cocaine should be available over the counter. I’d treat it like the cold meds the druggies use to make meth - that’s it.

Of course the welfare spigot is fixing to be a firehose - do that won’t work.

So in a roundabout way, the Puritans of olde England caused this.

It was their thinking that led to the prohibition laws which led to the cartels which led to the massacre.

With everything else we've done to Mexico (F&F for one) Mexico should just declare the USA to be a clear and present danger and invade us or something. Hell, we don't even have a wall to defend ourselves.
Did you just say, ummm, white men bad?

Back
Top Bottom