At AAA renewing my license

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I’m at AAA renewing my drivers license. Few people here, much better than DMV

I’m sitting in the front rower and can hear the transactions. the guy working the counter asks the same questions
Verifies height, address, dob
Organ donor, etc, etc
And asks “are you registered to Vote”. 2 of the 3 people I’ve heard were not, he asks would you like to register now?
Both say yes... the second lady says “but I’m not a citizen”

“he replies, ok thanks...in that case I can not register you”

I’m certain had she not stated she wasn’t a citizen that it wouldn’t have been an issue to register

WTF.... when we moved to CT 6 years ago I had to make 2 trips because they didn’t like the birth certificate I brought, they wanted a long form....

quincy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it's always those unregistered 66% that are at the head of the class bitching about how the govt needs to change.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m at AAA renewing my drivers license. Few people here, much better than DMV

I’m sitting in the front rower and can hear the transactions. the guy working the counter asks the same questions
Organ donor, etc, etc
And asks “are you registered to Vote”. 2 of the 3 people I’ve heard were not, he asks would you like to register now?

I’m certain had she not stated she wasn’t a citizen that it wouldn’t have been an issue to register

WTF.... when we moved to CT 6 years ago I had to make 2 trips because they didn’t like the birth certificate I brought, they wanted a long form....
How are they giving non-citizens drivers licenses??

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Non-citizens can obtain a drivers licence.

The problem is with voting stations using drivers licenses as valid identification.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Organ donor, etc, etc

The more interesting question here is what happend with the person that wanted to register to vote and DID NOT say he was not a citizen. Did the agent then check for documents proving citizenship? That would give a hint of what would have resulted if the non citizen didnt mention that fact.

The fun part about renewing your license is when the people check in and dont have the required documents.
Agent: "Sir, this telephone bill is from 6 months ago, it cannot be any older than 2 months."
Response: "But i have been here 3 time already!"
Agent: "Well yes, but if you bring a recent utility bill next time, we can move forward with this"

Or:
Agent: Sir, i know it says we can use a pay stub to verify your SS number, however your pay stub does not have your SS number on it.
Response: Well it doesn't say it needs it on it.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i don't concern myself with all the shit...i'd go nuts. i just renew online. sometimes life is good and un-stressful.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For a real ID they need a birth cert. Could not be a real ID drivers license. Also they need a Social Security number for renewal.

The problem is with voting stations using drivers licenses as valid identification.
No MA voting places ID their voters to my understanding, just ask. I also recently learned that when a loved one passes, they are pulled from the voting roles, in spite of being in the census. It is probably because they were not a Democrat. I did find that amusing.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The more interesting question here is what happend with the person that wanted to register to vote and DID NOT say he was not a citizen. Did the agent then check for documents proving citizenship? That would give a hint of what would have resulted if the non citizen didnt mention that fact.
He asked if she wanted to register with party affiliation .

when it was my turn, same questions, and then had me sign something saying I was already a registered voter and did not want to change my affiliation

HarryPottar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had driving license when I first arrived on my H1A work visa, I was told had 30 days to obtain a driving license.

Rehoboth Dave

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But identification is not the same thing as authorization so how does that make using a DL worse than just verbally claiming you are a particular person on the voter list with no proof or documentation at all?

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the reminder. I just renewed by NH-DL online. Since I have a Passport Card I didn't get Real ID and didn't have to go in person.

That's nice. Even without getting a Real ID I STILL had to go in person with a birth certificate. MA wants them for all us wage slaves, apparently. PITA.

At least AAA isn't a clustershow like the Registry

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do know this is administered by the RMV don’t you? I give them till Q1 of 2020 to get caught issuing ‘Real ID’ to illegals.
Point taken. However, that sad truth defeats the entire purpose of Real ID considering legal status is a requirement.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks for the reminder. I just renewed by NH-DL online. Since I have a Passport Card I didn't get Real ID and didn't have to go in person.
yep, passport makes it good. gonna need a passport or original birth certificate to get a real id next time when it's mandatory to have one, i guess makes no difference if on line or in person.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Point taken. However, that sad truth defeats the entire purpose of Real ID considering legal status is a requirement.
Being a citizen is a requirement for a passport. Go ahead and try to get a gun license as a naturalized citizen using your passport.

Passport is no good. A piece of printed paper with a golden seal (that's probably easier to make than a fake passport) is good enough. And dont lose that paper, costs $600 and a few months to get a new one (I know a guy that lost his).

Top Bottom