Assisted Knives

Looking for an assisted opening knife. Any one have any experience with ZT knives? They are pretty expensive not sure if they are worth it.

Any input is appreciated

Last edited:
now I got a little collection of Smith & Wesson knifes, I get them at autozone like 12 bucks each and for the money they're pretty good. like squatch said I think I can open them just as fast

Last edited:
I don't get assisted knives. I can open a good folder just as quick and they have one more thing to go wrong, not to mention the extra coin.

Not sure what you mean by extra coin. The Kershaw I carry is assisted and it cost a whopping $28.

I find knives that aren't assisted to be clumsy to operate, on average.

-Mike

I have a SOG Flash II I got from Lowe's for about $30. It's my EDC blade, and it's cheap enough that if I lose or mangle it, I don't beat myself up.
i carry the same knife every day, have for 5 or 6 years now and its held up way beyond my expectations. i work in a body shop so im constantly abusing it and using it for things a knife isn't intended for

a big plus for the sog, the way the clip is the entire knife sits inside your pocket, eliminating the risk almost entirely of it falling out unexpected

Sog has good quality assisted openers at reasonable prices I have carried a trident for.years.. As far as assisted opening I to can open a traditional folder quite quickly.. But its far easier and less effort with a assisted... For me its a mental thing if you use it all the time and your a lazy SOB it just doesnt seem like as much work!

i carry the same knife every day, have for 5 or 6 years now and its held up way beyond my expectations. i work in a body shop so im constantly abusing it and using it for things a knife isn't intended for

a big plus for the sog, the way the clip is the entire knife sits inside your pocket, eliminating the risk almost entirely of it falling out unexpected

That's part of the reason I love mine. It stays on my bag and in my back pocket. I've never once had it fall out.

Sog has good quality assisted openers at reasonable prices I have carried a trident for.years.. As far as assisted opening I to can open a traditional folder quite quickly.. But its far easier and less effort with a assisted... For me its a mental thing if you use it all the time and your a lazy SOB it just doesnt seem like as much work!

Very happy with the mini trident. I did mod it a little when I got my hands on it, but it's been great.

I got the zt 0350 great knife. Well built. Got it from kershawguy.com I believe. It was consisted a blemish knife because of a tiny scratch. Picked it up for half price

I've carried the ZT350 knife for a few years now and love it. It's a smaller version of the 300/301 series ZT knives. Keeps a sharp edge, no play in the blade/lock mechanism. A good size knife but yet small enough to carry everyday.

zt350.jpg

I don't get assisted knives. I can open a good folder just as quick and they have one more thing to go wrong, not to mention the extra coin.
Kershaw "Blur" is an AO with a modest price tag. Personally, I will stick with my 4" rocker-locked Cold Steel "Voyager". Less moving parts to malfunction at a critical time.

This, I can open one lightning fast with a snap of the wrist...why deal with the extra controls and such? They're cool, but unless someone gives one to me I'm not on the market for one.

Posted from my car phone.

I have an sog and a s&w.

the s&w feels like a tank and the sog is slim and light. I like them both I would say for edc the sog flash works best but i throw the other in my backpack or range bag incase i need a knife for something.

Back
Top Bottom