Asshats Like This Make Us All Look Bad

Exactly what I was thinking. Seriously, what stops someone from saying they saw you flash a gun when they notice your NRA bumper sticker? How fast could you land in jail fighting felony charges, and your guns confiscated and sent to the "Village Vault". Not good. A couple of those dashboard cams might be a good investment (one aimed at you, one on the road) if you drive aggressively and have any pro-gun stickers on your car. [thinking]

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/nes-group-buy-forum/225666-feeler-dash-cam.html

One of the main reasons I want one of these. If the government and police are so active in watching what you do and charging you for crimes (even if they're made up) might as well be able to turn the tables on them.

I've considered doing the same thing, but then the more I thought about it, blasting someones eardrums like that could easily trigger a road rage incident.

IME, people just wake up and realize their being asshats. Or they stop trying to pull into traffic where there's no room (and you're coming down at 50mph or better). You do need to be smart about using them. Probably not as often as you would a regular (weak) horn. I hope to get a second set of horns, with more blast to them, in the truck. Those will be for the morons that really do deserve it.

The reason I installed the first set was one of the two factory horns in my truck failed (after 11-1/2 years). It sounded so very lame that I couldn't use it. The current set I have are far better. Nor nearly the level of what a few other NES members have. But it at least gets people's attention.

Take heed... I've known and heard of cops being called to the carpet for running someones info without justification or not being for official business.

They can actually get jammed up big time for running info like that. Especially if that person gets picked up for a serious crime and they do an audit. Next thing the cop friend knows, they think he was helping cover something up for you. If you do have a cop friend that runs your info for you, probably the easiest excuse you could both agree to: "I intend to apply for a CCW permit in MA/NH/ME etc, and wanted to make sure that I was being truthful about my history on the form"

Take heed... I've known and heard of cops being called to the carpet for running someones info without justification or not being for official business.

Yes! Family friend of my wife was a cop in NJ. Maybe 15-20 years ago the president was in his area and he decided to run one of the Secret Service cars. He was curious what would come up. They were at his department asking questions in no time. He was scolded but that was the end of it.

code 22 = being out-of-control awesome.

Actually, a code 22 is a motorist calling from a cell phone.
The guy who was threatened made the call and then stayed on the line with the MSP until the cruisers caught up with him.
They surrounded the moron with several cruisers and made a felony stop with guns drawn.
The cops must have found something to substantiate the callers story because the guy was arrested.

This is new and confirmed. Police now see all your registered guns when they run your plate.

I traded cars with my girlfriend so right now I'm rocking a NJ plate registered to a cutie with a booty in southern NJ :).
Although one time I got a speeding ticket reduced to a warning by telling the cop I was carrying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Like a gun?

That's what I gather.
Hopefully it was said 9mm Beretta, because the cops would be pissed if he was carrying something else that they didn't know about. [rolleyes]

Imagine if this was one of us and the dispatcher said "he could be carrying anything, he has way too many guns to list"

Listening to the scanner this morning, I heard a code 22 report of a road rage incident where a Nissan driver flashed a gun at someone. The dispatcher ran the plate and it came back to a guy in Medford.
The dispatcher further stated that the registered owner had an LTC and the record showed he owned a 9mm Beretta.
This is the part that surprised me, I've never heard them query the CHSB gun [STRIKE=registration]registration[/STRIKE] "transfer" database and say exactly what an LTC holder owned.
Anyway, they caught up with the car a few miles down the road and arrested the driver.
I don't know exactly what the charges are, but I'm sure he's going to get porked pretty hard.
What sucks is now Marsha has one more case of a legitimate LTC holder doing something stupid with a gun, which reflects bad on all the rest of us.
Like the anti's in this state don't hate us enough already. [sad2]

may not be the database it could be that he and his firearm have been involved in something reported before. Such as a traffic stop or anything where it was noted he had a firearm.

They can actually get jammed up big time for running info like that. Especially if that person gets picked up for a serious crime and they do an audit. Next thing the cop friend knows, they think he was helping cover something up for you. If you do have a cop friend that runs your info for you, probably the easiest excuse you could both agree to: "I intend to apply for a CCW permit in MA/NH/ME etc, and wanted to make sure that I was being truthful about my history on the form"
Running my info with my permission, not an issue. Most of the guys who get jammed are are doing a "Favor" for a friend try to get someones address or name from a plate # and it comes back to bite them. With all the systems that automatically run stuff now the number of inquiries a day is staggering

I heard another incident on the scanner today where they ran a guys DL and came up with an LTC for the person.

The dispatcher even said he owned a Walther pistol and gave the serial number of it over the air.

If that's not gun registration, then what is ????

So much truth in that. People joke about it like, oh you have a gun, you are always good in a road rage incident. When in reality now more than ever hope I never get involved in one because I'd end up in jail, gun exposed or not. [thinking]

Really strange, I wouldn't have believed you before I got my LTC.
Totally agree. I keep my hands/feet/mouth to myself much moreso because I carry. Today some whorebag came within a foot of me while I was crossing the street and she decided she couldn't wait 4 more seconds for me to be out of the road. I wouldn't have cared much normally, but I was carrying my 7-month-old. I yelled at her, but refrained from kicking in her driver side door. True, my boy was just as much a factor in not escalating, but my firearm was in the back of my mind also. Everyone around us was saying the same thing I was about her douchebaggery.

Maybe I'm late to the game, but it doesn't seem like you guys are in as much of an uproar about this as I thought you would. When did this start happening?

I just got stopped for my inspection sticker about 2 months ago. Now I have to worry about having a gun drawn on me for not passing emissions??

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I would own firearms that I purchased FTF in New Hamster. Unfortunately, I lost all my firearms in that bitch of a boating accident last summer. But if I ever purchase another gun...

I have a friend who is a LEO. If they have the right software, like his dept does, Everything about you is on one screen and it only take seconds to pull up. It can also be accessed off of many different pieces of data, name, licence plate, license #, address etc.
I was amazed and disturbed, all my gun were listed on my page as well as traffic stops(I didnt have any but there is a spot for it) , SS#, last time my plate was run, last time my license was run and a bunch of other shit. Did this at his kitchen table on his PD issued laptop.

Point of curiosity; Does the information shown on your firearms show every gun you have ever bought and sold or just the ones currently in your possession ? By this I mean any you might have at home, not just the ones you may be carrying.

Wonder if they have pics of my colonoscopy?
Last time (and the only time) I had one, I asked the nurse for pictures, to prove to my ol lady that my head was NOT up there. Didn't get any pics. They probably don't keep them.

Not entirely true. I am a dispatcher, we can query it, but it doesn't pop up. It does show if you have an ltc though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

A code 22 is a report of an erratic operator...think OUI or road rage or medical issue.

The major issue with the MA CJIS "transfer" system is that it shows every firearm that you have ever transfered. For most NESrs I'm assuming that list would be as long, if not longer, than your arm. Knowing what kind of firearm anyone owns is irrelevant - gun registration has proven to be an ineffective crime reducing measure. The MA system is especially useless there.

It really seems the the BEST measure for the reduction of crime in respect to gun ownership is reduction in ANY type of regulation. If you take DC, NYC, Chicago and New Orleans out of US statistics gun violence is low...very low. AND those areas have huge gun restrictions...hmmm. Antis hate facts...I digress as we all know this.

This guy, If he did in fact wave his gun in a road rage incident, is A) a fool B) does not help our cause as a responsible gun owner C) did commit Assualt by means of a dangerous weapon. Is it possible that the caller saw sticker and made it up? Yes. Would the caller have credibility if they told the cops that the dude waved a big black semi auto pistol at them and that is the exact gun cops found? Probably. Remember...cops standard is probable cause to arrest. Conviction is another matter.

I whole heartedly agree with other posters in respect to road rage...I usually wave, blow a kiss & go back to singing aloud to whatever music my mood had set me to play. The reward is not worth the risk. Just ask this guy.

Last time (and the only time) I had one, I asked the nurse for pictures, to prove to my ol lady that my head was NOT up there. Didn't get any pics. They probably don't keep them.

Your doctor failed! Everytime I've had one I got a color brochure with a whole series of pictures......in color. And yes they do keep them for future reference, they become part of your medical record but you are entitled to have a copy for your records also.

As for "making us all look bad".....thats a stretch. Just think of how many LTC holders DIDN'T flash a gun that same day. The more you support the broad brush theory, the more government will use it as a tool to propagandize the rest of the public.
Nobody is responsible for the actions of another except that individual, nor should they be held in contempt by them. Government is wrong in doing it and it should be admonished at every opportunity. See my sig line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom