• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Asshats Like This Make Us All Look Bad

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Listening to the scanner this morning, I heard a code 22 report of a road rage incident where a Nissan driver flashed a gun at someone. The dispatcher ran the plate and it came back to a guy in Medford.
The dispatcher further stated that the registered owner had an LTC and the record showed he owned a 9mm Beretta.
This is the part that surprised me, I've never heard them query the CHSB gun [STRIKE=registration]registration[/STRIKE] "transfer" database and say exactly what an LTC holder owned.
Anyway, they caught up with the car a few miles down the road and arrested the driver.
I don't know exactly what the charges are, but I'm sure he's going to get porked pretty hard.
What sucks is now Marsha has one more case of a legitimate LTC holder doing something stupid with a gun, which reflects bad on all the rest of us.
Like the anti's in this state don't hate us enough already. [sad2]

That is disturbing that they can know what kind of guns you own so quickly.

It's a good thing we don't have gun registration.

My brother in law, who definitely does not own or have any sort of access to any guns, once had the cops show up at his house over a road rage incident. Apparently he had put his index finger to his head in a "use your brain, dipshit" gesture and the other driver called the cops and told them that he was waving a gun around.

Moral of the story: road rage ain't worth it, particularly if you're a gun owner and especially if you're carrying.

My brother in law, who definitely does not own or have any sort of access to any guns, once had the cops show up at his house over a road rage incident. Apparently he had put his index finger to his head in a "use your brain, dipshit" gesture and the other driver called the cops and told them that he was waving a gun around.

Moral of the story: road rage ain't worth it, particularly if you're a gun owner and especially if you're carrying.

So much truth in that. People joke about it like, oh you have a gun, you are always good in a road rage incident. When in reality now more than ever hope I never get involved in one because I'd end up in jail, gun exposed or not. [thinking]

Really strange, I wouldn't have believed you before I got my LTC.

Not only is he screwed and a shithead who makes us all look bad but the poor guy only had 1 (legally transferred) weapon listed, that is sad as well.

Why? Just because he had some piece of paper from the government that let him buy a gun? [thinking]

I'm not running around worried that there is some rash of "LTC holder crime", given that it's probably a statstically insignificant number of offenses in MA on the whole, that it might as well be lost in the noise.

This is mass they will hate us regardless. This isn't some kind of cause celebre for antis. There's no dead children here, either.

-Mike

what a mook.

we're all prone to getting pissed off. I just called one of my sales reps a rear echelon mother****er (going to get hell for that), but its something that has to be kept in check, especially when toting a firearm.

you don't even have to make like you have a gun to get a visit from the police. people are so hypersensitive these days, anything can be perceived as a threat, so its wise to let that gun be your own steel Jiminy Cricket. Yes, the guy with the Jetta who cut you off on 495 is a prick, but let someone else take care of him.

What sucks is now Marsha has one more case of a legitimate Driver's License holder doing something stupid in his har, which reflects bad on all the rest of us.
Like the anti's in this state don't hate us enough already. [sad2]

If cars were banned, this would not have happened.....

This is disturbing precedent. I've heard dispatchers notifying responding officers of an LTC holder residing at a particular location, but never specifics as far as what they own. And what's more troubling is that this was broadcast over the radio for anyone with a radio to listen. I mean it's not like you don't hear SSN's and license numbers over the air, but I'm curious if broadcasting such information could be considered actionable against the state as a violation of privacy. My gut tells me that the same justification for transmitting SSN's and license numbers would cover transmitting what firearms I own.

Last edited:
Yes, the guy with the Jetta who cut you off on 495 is a prick, but let someone else take care of him.

I've found that liberal use of the correct set of horns, in your vehicle, will wake up even the most severe cases of brain-dead drivers. They might need to go home to change their shorts, but that's not your problem (or fault). Even my dual trumpet set (145db rated) will wake up moderately brain-dead drivers. I need to get the bigger horns/set in order to wake up the really brain-dead. Stock horns are a joke when it comes to such things. But get a set of Nathans and you could probably blast that jetta/mini/etc. off the road. [laugh]

I have a friend who is a LEO. If they have the right software, like his dept does, Everything about you is on one screen and it only take seconds to pull up. It can also be accessed off of many different pieces of data, name, licence plate, license #, address etc.
I was amazed and disturbed, all my gun were listed on my page as well as traffic stops(I didnt have any but there is a spot for it) , SS#, last time my plate was run, last time my license was run and a bunch of other shit. Did this at his kitchen table on his PD issued laptop.

Last edited:
Did this occur on 93 near andover this morning as there were a bunch of staties with someone pulled over on the highway and a bunch of andover cops bombing down 28.

Have any of our friends in law enforcement spoken out about any of this? Surely they have to see it as troubling, right?

Listening to the scanner this morning, I heard a code 22 report of a road rage incident where a Nissan driver flashed a gun at someone. The dispatcher ran the plate and it came back to a guy in Medford.

Or some anti who knows the guy from Medford carries (or saw his awesome Molon Labe sticker) called the popo and said that he flashed his gun.

That is a project Im considering taking on over the winter. I have a work truck, so I have to keep the lease the way it is, buuuuuuuuuuut that doesn't mean I cant put a fright fest of a horn on the motorcycle.

I've found that liberal use of the correct set of horns, in your vehicle, will wake up even the most severe cases of brain-dead drivers. They might need to go home to change their shorts, but that's not your problem (or fault). Even my dual trumpet set (145db rated) will wake up moderately brain-dead drivers. I need to get the bigger horns/set in order to wake up the really brain-dead. Stock horns are a joke when it comes to such things. But get a set of Nathans and you could probably blast that jetta/mini/etc. off the road. [laugh]

Or some anti who knows the guy from Medford carries (or saw his awesome Molon Labe sticker) called the popo and said that he flashed his gun.

Exactly what I was thinking. Seriously, what stops someone from saying they saw you flash a gun when they notice your NRA bumper sticker? How fast could you land in jail fighting felony charges, and your guns confiscated and sent to the "Village Vault". Not good. A couple of those dashboard cams might be a good investment (one aimed at you, one on the road) if you drive aggressively and have any pro-gun stickers on your car. [thinking]

what stops someone from saying they saw you flash a gun when they notice your NRA bumper sticker?

Reason #1 I chose not to advertise, at least not in this state. Plus my head is way too big for that free hat the NRA gave me.

Last edited:

I've considered doing the same thing, but then the more I thought about it, blasting someones eardrums like that could easily trigger a road rage incident.

I have a friend who is a LEO. If they have the right software, like his dept does, Everything about you is on one screen and it only take seconds to pull up. It can also be accessed off of many different pieces of data, name, licence plate, license #, address etc.
I was amazed and disturbed, all my gun were listed on my page as well as traffic stops(I didnt have any but there is a spot for it) , SS#, last time my plate was run, last time my license was run and a bunch of other shit. Did this at his kitchen table on his PD issued laptop.

Take heed... I've known and heard of cops being called to the carpet for running someones info without justification or not being for official business.

Back
Top Bottom