• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire is now on Amazon.

My signed DVD arrived last night in the mail, and I watched this movie... awesome!

There were lots of details about gun control events—even confiscations in the U.S.—that I wasn't aware of. It's a quality production, and some well-known people made an appearance.

One of my favorite quotes was just a few minutes in:

When you touch the Second Amendment, you can't become more anti-American because America would not BE without her guns!

According to the producer, this movie is now available at iTunes, Amazon and all major cable and satellite systems Pay-Per-View (except Direct TV which passed on carrying the film). On the 15th the DVD will be available online and in retail stores. You can also pre-order a DVD at Dead Patriot Films.

When you see it, make sure you watch the credits at the end, as Ice-T has a little gem where you wouldn't expect it. [shocked]

Last edited:
My signed DVD arrived last night in the mail, and I watched this movie... awesome!

There were lots of details about gun control events—even confiscations in the U.S.—that I wasn't aware of. It's a quality production, and some well-known people made an appearance.

One of my favorite quotes was just a few minutes in:

According to the producer, this movie is now available at iTunes, Amazon and all major cable and satellite systems Pay-Per-View (except Direct TV which passed on carrying the film). On the 15th the DVD will be available online and in retail stores. You can also pre-order a DVD at Dead Patriot Films.

When you see it, make sure you watch the credits at the end, as Ice-T has a little gem where you wouldn't expect it. [shocked]

Mine arrived also. I haven't had a chance to watch it but I'm going to rip it tonight and put it on my phone. Glad to hear the good review.

My "digital copy" code came in email. But they want me to install something called "Flux Player" to download/play it. Pretty unbelievable that a film about freedom would be distributed via some kind of proprietary DRM crapware.

My "digital copy" code came in email. But they want me to install something called "Flux Player" to download/play it. Pretty unbelievable that a film about freedom would be distributed via some kind of proprietary DRM crapware.

I'd argue that a private entity trying to control their intellectual property is a bit different than a government entity trying to curtail individual rights.

One of the guys involved with this project is VERY active in IP related matters (on the side of freedom). If you want, I'll relay your concerns and he'll make it right.

I'd argue that a private entity trying to control their intellectual property is a bit different than a government entity trying to curtail individual rights.

One of the guys involved with this project is VERY active in IP related matters (on the side of freedom). If you want, I'll relay your concerns and he'll make it right.

I get that. Its more that I'm adverse to installing software I've never heard of. Maybe the software they want us to use is less evil than iTunes/Windows Media, but the later 2 are more ubiquitous. I also refuse to install iTunes, btw. I'll probably google the software to make sure it's not going to do bad things and then install it if it checks out. Maybe once its used to download the file it can be uninstalled...

I get that. Its more that I'm adverse to installing software I've never heard of. Maybe the software they want us to use is less evil than iTunes/Windows Media, but the later 2 are more ubiquitous. I also refuse to install iTunes, btw. I'll probably google the software to make sure it's not going to do bad things and then install it if it checks out. Maybe once its used to download the file it can be uninstalled...

I agree. It would be nice if it were just something that VLC would play. What is the file extension? Maybe VLC will play it.

I installed it and downloaded the file. On the plus side it's a pretty small/barebones piece of software. The movie also downloaded pretty quickly. The file extension is .fluxmobile so it looks proprietary. There is a "Burn..." option grayed out in the player, maybe due to my setup or due to DRM I'm not sure, as well as a Send to Device that seems like it will send it to an Apple/Google device if I had the app going on those.

I view this as a "thank you for contributing" and as such I'm not really aggrieved. If this was something that I viewed as "bought and paid for" I wouldn't like it. It looks like this company makes movie authoring tools so I assume this was a straightforward way to offer the thank you downloads. No big deal. Looking forward to watching it later.

I watched it again last night. [smile]

I'm sure there are things in the movie that some members may not like... for instance, CA and NY (and not MA) are mentioned as being the worst states for gun control. Ted Nugent makes a brief appearance, and he's not well-liked by many here. Piers Morgan badmouths the U.S. Constitution. There are others as well, but overall I still like it, and it helps our cause.

I was thinking about getting a group together for a movie viewing "party" somewhere (not to make money, just to spread the word). If any of you have a suitable place with a large TV screen that could accommodate a group of people, please PM me.

Maybe we could even educate some people who would never watch a movie like this on their own!

OP, you may want to change the title if you want more people to read this thread because it used to be a Kickstarter donation thread (which many aren't interested in), and we're well beyond that stage now. On the other hand, the movie has been made, so maybe it makes no difference... just a thought.

Last edited:
I watched it again last night. [smile]

I'm sure there are things in the movie that some members may not like... for instance, CA and NY (and not MA) are mentioned as being the worst states for gun control. Ted Nugent makes a brief appearance, and he's not well-liked by many here. Piers Morgan badmouths the U.S. Constitution. There are others as well, but overall I still like it, and it helps our cause.

I was thinking about getting a group together for a movie viewing "party" somewhere (not to make money, just to spread the word). If any of you have a suitable place with a large TV screen that could accommodate a group of people, please PM me.

Maybe we could even educate some people who would never watch a movie like this on their own!

OP, you may want to change the title if you want more people to read this thread because it used to be a Kickstarter donation thread (which many aren't interested in), and we're well beyond that stage now. On the other hand, the movie has been made, so maybe it makes no difference... just a thought.

There were a few other things that I thought were inaccurate. For instance, they mentioned "common use" as coming from Heller when, I believe, it was Heller referencing Miller. I also think the take on Heller was very slightly off. Overall, it's well done though.

I'll update the OP in a minute.

I just went to Amazon, and this movie has great 5-star reviews over there. Also, I just wrote a movie review at Netflix.

The founders always said the best way to preserve the republic, and fight tyranny, was through education.

One thing that struck me, about one of the clips in the trailer, was a guy was debating another guy and was talking about how his safety trumps the other guys rights. How does someone's paranoid sense of being unsafe trump my, and everyone's, civil rights?

The clueless never cease to amaze me.

StevensMarksman

Back
Top Bottom