assault weapons ban

So, this State Representative wants to make it illegal to buy or sell pre-ban "assault weapons" within the State of Massachussets.

Will the State be compensating gun owners in Massachussetts for the loss in value of all currently owned "assault weapons" since they can no longer be sold to other residents of MA? Based on the prices I've seen pre-ban weapons sell for in MA, I would guess that this would cut the value of any currently owned pre-ban weapon by half.

Those pre-ban 'assault' weapons are really causing a lot of headaches with respect to gun violence. I know my neighborhood gang loves tracking them down and paying 10 times more for them than an illegal post-ban rifle.

I can see why this legislation makes sense.

They did it in CT. You can no longer buy/sell an AK47 in state, but if you owned one prior, and had it registered, then you can keep it, but not sell it.

My brother in law's house was burglarized, and they stole his legally registered AK47. Now he cannot legally replace it. [frown]

Those pre-ban 'assault' weapons are really causing a lot of headaches with respect to gun violence. I know my neighborhood gang loves tracking them down and paying 10 times more for them than an illegal post-ban rifle.

I can see why this legislation makes sense.

you are joking.... right?[rolleyes]

They did it in CT. You can no longer buy/sell an AK47 in state, but if you owned one prior, and had it registered, then you can keep it, but not sell it.

My brother in law's house was burglarized, and they stole his legally registered AK47. Now he cannot legally replace it. [frown]

Just curious on CT law... what if someone moves in from out of state owning one? Can they keep it?

Reminds me of the MA situation where a person moving into the state with a non-approved pistol can keep it (except for postban, high cap mags). But they cannot keep postban AR's/AK's/etc with too many evil features.

thanks,

Rich

When MA first started talking about an assault weapon ban, the Boston news networks looked into it....as it turned out, know one in MA was ever killed by one, or even shot by one....in fact, no crime was ever even committed by one in MA!
(this didn't stop the vaudeville act of Ted Kennedy though)

Then a nut got in a plane and started shooting out of it over Boston with an assault rifle.

Just curious on CT law... what if someone moves in from out of state owning one? Can they keep it?

Nope... they have to get rid of it, IIRC... the only grandfathering was for people that had them when it went into effect, and there may have been some kind of registration scheme, similar to CA's scheme. Not sure if ownership is transferable or not either, might be "dies with owner". The whole thing is dumb, of course. In CT you can own a VZ58 but you can't own an AK that takes the same cartridge... dumb. CT sucks less than MA does overall but its laws are equally as mind numbing in a lot of respects, and in some cases, worse.

-Mike

This is serious. This would apply to transfers of pre-ban magazines too:

Sixteenth, That no licensee shall sell, lease, rent, transfer or deliver or offer for sale, lease, rent, transfer or delivery to any person any assault weapon or large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994.

Simply another reason to move out of this damn state

Nope, more reasons to get lots of tar & feathers and run these treasonous scum out of state. Even better would be out of the country.
If we keep leaving they win and they have won too much already.

This bill gets filed every year. It was submitted to committee in January and nothing else has happened since. I think it's likely that it's DOA again this year. Especially since it's not included in this list.

Last edited:
I'm past worrying about Mass gun laws. They're going to do whatever the Hell they want to do and no amount of letter-writing, phone-calling or voting is going to make a bit of difference. This corrupt, miserable pest-hole is beyond all hope of saving. We're just going to move and be done with it.

The only thing holding us here at the moment is the housing market and we're nearing the point that we'd rather lose the money than live here any longer.

Back
Top Bottom