Assault weapons ban

so with Kavanaugh in. What do you think a realistic percentage of something happening that lessens the restrictions on guns/ ammo etc.. in MA?

I actually think it's not as bad as some think. The court already heard an AWB case and it split 4/4 leaving the lower court's ruling in place (they OK'd the ban). That was when Obama's last nominated justice was held up by Repubs and so the court was split 50/50 and only had 8 justices on the bench. No reason they couldn't rehear the case now that the court is again fully staffed. I'm sure organizations like the NRA are already working on it.

I actually think it's not as bad as some think. The court already heard an AWB case and it split 4/4 leaving the lower court's ruling in place (they OK'd the ban). That was when Obama's last nominated justice was held up by Repubs and so the court was split 50/50 and only had 8 justices on the bench. No reason they couldn't rehear the case now that the court is again fully staffed. I'm sure organizations like the NRA are already working on it.
I sure as hell hope so

I would say probably about 10% this year. I put it at 40 next year and 60% for the year after.

I think Thomas would love to see something as would Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. In 2021, if Trump wins, I put it at better than 80% esp with RBG gone.

I actually think it's not as bad as some think. The court already heard an AWB case and it split 4/4 leaving the lower court's ruling in place (they OK'd the ban). That was when Obama's last nominated justice was held up by Repubs and so the court was split 50/50 and only had 8 justices on the bench. No reason they couldn't rehear the case now that the court is again fully staffed.
No. That’s not how this works.

Can the legal type explain why it's so hard to understand these words. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." ... Please tell us/me why it is.
Edit. The last 4 words are the best.

View: https://youtu.be/Hx23c84obwQ

He has made his position clear at the hearings that firearms in common use and AR's by name when questioned by DiFi Fall under the protection of Heller.
Eventually our Ma. case or another challenging the bans is going to make it to the Supremes.
If RBG is gone at that point , I'm pretty freaking optimistic.

It all depends if Roberts is going to be a squish. If not then there is a 50-50 chance a case gets heard this year which will throw a wrench in gun grabbing laws for five seconds until states start ignoring SCotUS even more blatantly than they do now. Safe Storage Laws have already been ruled unconstitutional under Heller and how many states are still enforcing them or attempting to pass new ones?

For a SCotUS ruling to have teeth the DoJ would need to start enforcement actions against states and municipalities violating the rulings. Do you see that happening with Sleepy?

If RBG retires or passes away and another real constitutionalist originalist gets on the bench then I'd say there would be a definite chance for a favorable ruling.

Isn't there a comm2a case making it's way up? Definitely won't happen overnight but I see reason for cautious optimism.
I feel like this. It will take a long time, especially because Mass and other shitstain states will ignore any rulings until they get spanked over and over...if they even acknowledge the SCOTUS as legitimate anymore.

When the Mass AWB finally gets to the Supreme Court Ginsburg should be long gone. Hopefully republicans have the majority when she does leave and it’s Trump who appoints her replacement. Once this happens the chances are 100% that it’s overturned. However Ginsburg is tough and would rather die than retire before dems have the majority.

Back
Top Bottom