Assault Weapons Ban Of 2021

I didn’t think national red flags laws would pass, either, yet here we are. The Dems have nothing to lose. Short of massive cheating again, they are going to get beat badly in November. The writing is on the wall there. Why WOULDN’T they go all in?

I didn’t think national red flags laws would pass, either, yet here we are. The Dems have nothing to lose. Short of massive cheating again, they are going to get beat badly in November. The writing is on the wall there. Why WOULDN’T they go all in?

The calculus is not the same.

There are rinos/wobblies that will accept red flag bs because they're stupid even to the point of liking that shit. Everyone, however... understands the word "ban". As a pol in middle-America, Red flag wont cost you much votes but supporting a full on gun ban will cause wobblies to rally against you or not show up.

There are rinos/wobblies that will accept red flag bs because they're stupid even to the point of liking that shit. Everyone, however... understands the word "ban". As a pol in middle-America, Red flag wont cost you much votes but supporting a full on gun ban will cause wobblies to rally against you or not show up.
More important - they didn't pass red flag laws

They passed fiscal backing to states that pass red flag laws. Of which there are currently none, because the existing laws don't meet the requirements.

More important - they didn't pass red flag laws

They passed fiscal backing to states that pass red flag laws. Of which there are currently none, because the existing laws don't meet the requirements.
So basically they neutered it into virtue signaling instead of Lautenberg 2?

So basically they neutered it into virtue signaling instead of Lautenberg 2?
In my understanding.

This is why it's hilarious everyone's so pissed off. Nobody really got anything out of it. The gun grabbers got nothing of note, so their constituents are upset. Meanwhile, gun owners are upset "RINOs caved."

Yup. I'm about 70% confident that this bill will pass the House in a party-line vote, but I'm 95% confident that it will get filibustered in the Senate or die there before it gets that far. That 5% case would mean a pretty big shift in my beliefs about what kinds of things GOP politicians are willing to fight for and expect their constituents to hold them accountable for.

Yup. I'm about 70% confident that this bill will pass the House in a party-line vote, but I'm 95% confident that it will get filibustered in the Senate or die there before it gets that far. That 5% case would mean a pretty big shift in my beliefs about what kinds of things GOP politicians are willing to fight for and expect their constituents to hold them accountable for.

I will be surprised if it gets that far, honestly, because any pol that signs off on that, who is up during midterms is just begging to be picked off.

I am thinking more like "lots of grandstanding and then a toilet bowl death" like the last 4-5 times theyve attempted this. They couldnt even do it
when Obama was president, either. (and they had a much better majority back then).

I will be surprised if it gets that far, honestly, because any pol that signs off on that, who is up during midterms is just begging to be picked off.

I am thinking more like "lots of grandstanding and then a toilet bowl death" like the last 4-5 times theyve attempted this. They couldnt even do it
when Obama was president, either. (and they had a much better majority back then).
And they didn't have several circuit courts in the middle of deciding AW and mag bans.

How are you going to pass a federal ban on semiautos if you're about to learn there's a split among the circuits that finds so-called assault weapons are protected? The case against a federal semiauto ban would go direct to federal courts. Just like Heller v DC, that means a shortcut to the Supremes.

That's like saying the FPC's been playing chess, and now the legislature is going to challenge them to a game of tic-tac-toe

Considering they couldn't get anything of value passes in the one they just made a stink about, there's no way anything comes of this one. It's pandering, just like the HPA and reciprocity bills that are only ever presented when there's no chance of passing.

"They're meanies and blocked out commonsense solution - banning the vast majority of firearms sold today."
Last time reciprocity came up it passed house or senate I forget which, and would have passed the other, Republican controlled both, if it had ever been brought up for a vote, and Trump would have probably signed it. But some balless prick kept it from a vote, so it died.

Last time reciprocity came up it passed house or senate I forget which, and would have passed the other, Republican controlled both, if it had ever been brought up for a vote, and Trump would have probably signed it. But some balless prick kept it from a vote, so it died.
They were supposed to vote on it in the senate but then the LV mass shooting happened, right on time, and it was never voted on.

They were supposed to vote on it in the senate but then the LV mass shooting happened, right on time, and it was never voted on.

The guy who killed the would be mass shooter at the mall is getting a lot of positive play on national tv to my surprise. Might tip the balances some if it comes up again.

DA524872-1BA3-4D11-A888-D694FDC4021E.jpeg

Man I wish I was a millionaire. I would CCW in every state. When arrested I would spend whatever it took to take it to the SCOTUS.
Wonder what would happen? This should be fun.

Actually, I devoutly wish that they would pass this stupid bill right now, while we still have a firmly pro 2nd amendment SCOTUS. Since the untimely death of Scalia, I’m never sure how long a particular makeup of the Supreme Court will last. The far left always overreaches and passing a law that bans almost all popular semi-auto rifles at the Federal level will get an immediate review by SCOTUS and probably result in a slap down of all AWBs.

And I did notice that the proposed law bans the “Tactical” Mini 14, but not the Rancher, even though they are the exact same gun except for the cosmetics.

Here are some firearm prohibitionists in the House being wrong and making up things.

Democratic Representative Cicilline stating a stabilizing brace "becomes a bump stock," allowing pistols to "essentially be fired like an automatic weapon."

View: https://twitter.com/BadWeaponTakes/status/1549979511835410432

Democratic Representative Nadler describing "the point of the bill" as being about banning firearms that are in common use and stating "The problem is they are in common use."

View: https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1549799399622119425?s=20&t=iJm8aPiXrlEU316bX8H95g

Democratic Representative Nadler claiming the .30-06 round fired from the M1 Garand was "far less lethal" than, presumably, 5.56x45. He also mixes in "various weapons we saw the Chinese marching with" in reference to SKSes, which fire 7.62x39.

View: https://twitter.com/BadWeaponTakes/status/1549812789274939393

It's worth noting SKSes had 20" and 22" barrels, which makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom