Assault Weapons Ban Of 2021

Which gun sales? Most of these folks, especially women, are purchasing one handgun or one shotgun for defensive use. Like their FUDD counterparts, they focus on a single issue. I have actually heard some people at trap and skeet ranges say that they would be OK with an AWB, that it happened years earlier and it never affected them at all; they used the M16 in the army, no need for them outside of the army, etc. This is the mindset we are dealing with.
I agree with this, I’ve got the perplexed look from 3 Fudd weirdos at the range a few months ago. I show up to shoot my AR’s with my vest on and these 3 weirdos are all hovering around the bench with there hunting rifle sighting it in, they literally take 3 shots in 20 minutes and they ask me what I’m up to. I tell them “I’m waiting for you guys to take your 4th shot within the next half hour and hopefully have that sited in so I can enjoy the range” 2 guys a little older than me and a guy in his 30’s. Honestly I can’t friggen stand them. Fudds and liberals can all F’K right off

I tried to get friends and family to come by and get acquainted with said arms.
Family friendly. Bring the kids. No live ammo no live fire. How to operate. How they work. What the parts pieces were.
Out of a dozen invitees on three separate Saturdays. Know how many showed up?
I gave up 3 of the nicest days of the year for people who are so apathetic they deserve what they get.
It’s all about the prioritization of values and the lack of community organizations today. Growing up I had cub scouts Boy Scouts cyo and if I looked hard enough probably could have found 4H. And I grew up more or less in the city. Do these organizations still even exist. If they do they are a shell of what they used to be because too many idiots in society have their priorities all out of whack. Could you imagine a Boy Scout leader trying to organize a day at the range for rifle merit badge. Jesus I can hear Karen’s head exploding over the idea. We’ve sadly become a very dumb society.

Living in MA, I’m starting to think it’s time to create a Gun Trust. I’d like to pass some ARs down to my kids when they are old enough, and if something was to happen to me before then, I’d like a friend to hold my toys for a few years until my kids can legally take ownership.
Has anyone done this for ARs? I know this is common practice for machine guns, seems like we should get ahead of this and transfer to a trust while we still can?
Is this a simple online download of some legal templates, or is a lawyer recommended?

Yes. Yes. sort of.

I am the settlor and one of the trustees of a gun trust. The other trustees are my wife and son. Every firearm that my wife and I own is listed in the trust. I chose a law firm based in my home state that has as one of their areas of specialization gun trusts. They're set up to process online, and the fee was very reasonable.

Because the guns are defined in the gun trust, they're not subject to probate upon my death, (or my wife's). That includes my ARs. If I go NFA, any such items will be listed in the trust and engraved appropriately - that means that any trustee in the trust can use the NFA items.

Yes. Yes. sort of.

I am the settlor and one of the trustees of a gun trust. The other trustees are my wife and son. Every firearm that my wife and I own is listed in the trust. I chose a law firm based in my home state that has as one of their areas of specialization gun trusts. They're set up to process online, and the fee was very reasonable.

Because the guns are defined in the gun trust, they're not subject to probate upon my death, (or my wife's). That includes my ARs. If I go NFA, any such items will be listed in the trust and engraved appropriately - that means that any trustee in the trust can use the NFA items.
My wife and I already have a trust that contains our real estate, other assets, and personal property. Does that then already extend to 2A items? Or do they have to been specifically named?

My wife and I already have a trust that contains our real estate, other assets, and personal property. Does that then already extend to 2A items? Or do they have to been specifically named?

I'm a code monkey, not an attorney - so please bear that in mind. My wife and I have wills, prepared by an attorney that we trust, prepared with a decent amount of forethought and planning. The wills reference a trust which contains our serious real property.

Our gun trust is another document entirely. The gun trust is designed with three separate goals:
1) Disposition of firearms upon death(s) of trustees
2) Protection from seizure in the event that any trustee is arrested; (the guns don't belong to that person - they belong to the trust).
3) Multiple users of trust assets, including but not limited to NFA items.

Our gun trust is another document entirely. The gun trust is designed with three separate goals:
2) Protection from seizure in the event that any trustee is arrested; (the guns don't belong to that person - they belong to the trust).
what are the factual mechanisms there to prevent agencies from confiscating the weapons and ignoring those trust documents? was there ever a precedent when that actually worked?
i am just confused on the concept - how can you move the ownership of the gun to a trust? especially in the state like MA, where they presume a gun to be an entity associated with a specific person via an LTC number?

what are the factual mechanisms there to prevent agencies from confiscating the weapons and ignoring those trust documents? was there ever a precedent when that actually worked?
i am just confused on the concept - how can you move the ownership of the gun to a trust? especially in the state like MA, where they presume a gun to be an entity associated with a specific person via an LTC number?

Factual mechanisms? Ownership. Has there been precedent? Great question that I don't know the answer to. I'm going off the best advice that I could find. Will it work? I hope so.

I can't answer as to Massachusetts; I found a local to me, (Georgia), law firm that specializes in gun trusts. The laws down here are VERY different than the laws in Massachusetts.

My big concern with doing a trust is how easy is it to add/remove inventory in the trust. If your still active buying and selling that could mean a lot of money changing the trust every time as my understanding is you need to be specific on each firearm in the trust. Is that correct?

My big concern with doing a trust is how easy is it to add/remove inventory in the trust. If your still active buying and selling that could mean a lot of money changing the trust every time as my understanding is you need to be specific on each firearm in the trust. Is that correct?

My gun trust has the following language:
"Settlor may transfer and assign additional property to the trust by attaching Assignment(s), thereby any additions become Trust property"

I have multiple "assignment of property" sheets where the Settlor of the trust, (that's me), assigns and transfers firearms to me as Trustee of the trust. No witnesses, no notary, no fees. Simply the presence of the Settlor signed assignment of property.

As I said, I'm a code monkey, not a lawyer. I went to a reputable law firm based in Georgia that specializes in gun trusts.

Factual mechanisms? Ownership. Has there been precedent? Great question that I don't know the answer to. I'm going off the best advice that I could find. Will it work? I hope so.

I can't answer as to Massachusetts; I found a local to me, (Georgia), law firm that specializes in gun trusts. The laws down here are VERY different than the laws in Massachusetts.
My guess is they will confiscate and do a civil asset forfeiture action. The trustee will need to have an attorney on retainer to file suit to challenge the forfeiture. That is what the government is betting on; you will run out of money if the value of the firearms collection is less than your legal fees. You will walk away and take the loss. Your attorney gets paid. The government confiscates your guns and you are screwed. Best bet is to hide the most valuable guns in your collection.

There's 10 million residential swimming pools and about 400 children drown each year and 6500 injured in pool accidents.

There's 10 million AR15's in people's homes. And about 100x more childrens deaths on average from swimming pools.

Seems clear what has to be banned.

There's 10 million residential swimming pools and about 400 children drown each year and 6500 injured in pool accidents.

There's 10 million AR15's in people's homes. And about 100x more childrens deaths on average from swimming pools.

Seems clear what has to be banned.
Exactly. Trampolines

You just have to deal with legitimate people….So a stranger on the Internet doesn’t qualify.

If you actually know what you want and you want to buy some basic handgun or rifle you can go anywhere. But if you’re looking for something other than your run-of-the-mill bullshit you have to go to a legitimate arms dealer.

I know there’s some weird thing on this form about shooters outpost. You can go there and tell them you want a gun from a specific movie (Not the same model but the actual gun used in the movie) he probably already has it in stock or know who has it or will get it for you. And he won’t even screw you on it. It’ll be fair market value.

The Backpage of the Internet aren’t where you wanna go…

Well shooters outpost storefront and inventories impressive you could always go to greg at GFA arms tech….

You just have to deal with real people that arent fakers Trying to milk you have a couple hundred bucks on a f***ing run-of-the-mill gun

Last edited:
I can list dozens of people you can go to. But those are my go to guys for anything serious

Gonna ban .22 pistols with threaded barrels. That's all you need to know right there.
they included it in the plain text - "9 ‘‘(VI) A threaded barrel". just a copy of british royal regulations, really. no unwashed masses should be allowed the firearms of the lords. know your place, despicable deplorables.

and it will probably pass, as you`ve got now the kind of the elected officials that culminates the trend of what you have consistently elected for the whole last 50 years. no one here can blame anyone else other than themselves for all of what is happening now.

Never going to pass in Senate especially with Dem defeat in midterms hanging over their heads. I doubt even the RINO's like Mittens and Collins would vote for such an outrageous bill.

Considering they couldn't get anything of value passes in the one they just made a stink about, there's no way anything comes of this one. It's pandering, just like the HPA and reciprocity bills that are only ever presented when there's no chance of passing.

"They're meanies and blocked out commonsense solution - banning the vast majority of firearms sold today."

Common use, end of story. I hope this passes. Better for SCOTUS to obliterate it now rather than when it may have fewer pro 2A justices.
We don't need another test case. We already have Bianchi v. Frosh, which challenges Maryland's similar AWB and was just GVRed by SCOTUS for reconsideration in light of Bruen. There is no good reason to "hope this passes".

they included it in the plain text - "9 ‘‘(VI) A threaded barrel". just a copy of british royal regulations, really. no unwashed masses should be allowed the firearms of the lords. know your place, despicable deplorables.

and it will probably pass, as you`ve got now the kind of the elected officials that culminates the trend of what you have consistently elected for the whole last 50 years. no one here can blame anyone else other than themselves for all of what is happening now.
Guess you're right about the blame part.
History teaches those willing to learn.

Back
Top Bottom