Assault Weapons Ban Of 2021

So while wandering through the classifieds out of boredom, I noticed a dealer that has some info regarding a proposed AWB of 2021 in regards to selling "pre-ban" rifles. it reads as follows :

On March 11th, the House has filed a new 2021 Assault Weapon Ban. If you have been on the fence about getting an AR or AK style rifle, now might be the time as there will be a grandfather clause

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2021:

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon with a magazine that is not a fixed ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.
  • Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
Exemptions to bill:

• The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

So according to this, dealer selling pre-ban rifles, there is a grandfather clause.

Well, if there is a grandfather clause, why would I spend so much on a pre-94 if everything owned prior to the ban will be grandfathered ?

Help me understand this great minds of NES.

I need to understand why I just wouldn't buy an upper of my choice prior to any ban and therefore it would be legal to own after any new AWB.

Federal law vs MA law. So MA AWB is unchanged. What is illegal in MA is still illegal. If the federal ban passes as written it puts in place a federal level ban. New for most states. It does not make anything new legal in Ma. It makes more things illegal.

Federal law vs MA law. So MA AWB is unchanged. What is illegal in MA is still illegal. If the federal ban passes as written it puts in place a federal level ban. New for most states. It does not make anything new legal in Ma. It makes more things illegal.

But according to the dealer:

The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment

So I can buy whatever I want now because it will be grandfathered, but I should hurry.

May as well make it a mega thread now.

It would be nice though if the sellers used something other than fearmongering to push sales. Not sure I’m ready for their take on “sex sells” though.

We all know one thing,they are going to try to ban something.
All they need to do to pass something is to keep having mass shooting.

“Where is this country’s Moses? A man or woman who will stand up to all the naysayers and demand that it is time to let the people of the United States go — to the movies, to the grocery store, to a concert, to a spa or to a school — without the fear of being slaughtered by some psycho with an automatic weapon.”

Just another four days, the author could have written this as an April Fools column Instead of Passover...

I do not believe that anything would be passed that would further restrict us in Martha's land. A new federal AWB would most likely be very similar to what we already have in MA. Path of least resistance/ successful proof of concept and so forth.

Free states should be worried. Us- we are already beaten into submission... but this time it might have its relative "advantages".

But according to the dealer:

So I can buy whatever I want now because it will be grandfathered, but I should hurry.
A grandfather clause in a Fed law only applies to the Fed law, not to any state law, so in MA you still can't just get anything and it will be grandfathered. Up here in NH it's a different story.

I do not believe that anything would be passed that would further restrict us in Martha's land. If anything a new federal AWB would most likely be very similar to what we have in MA.

Free states should be worried. Us- we are already beaten into submission... but this time it might have its advantages.
Actually, the AWB of 2021 is much more restrictive than the Mass AWB. First it prohibits based on only one “evil” feature, not two (so not even a pistol grip with a detachable mag). Second, its list of guns prohibited by name is much longer and includes guns explicitly excluded from the Mass AWB according to the AG’s FAQ: The Beretta Cx4 Storm, FN PS90 or substantially similar model weapon, IWI Tavor or substantially similar model weapon, Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Kel-Tec RFB.

Attached is the list of guns explicitly band by the AWB of 2021, it’s impressively long (note that it includes the Barrett M82A1, which you can own in MA with just a FID as long as you pin the brake). Needed to make it an attachment since it is over 10,000 characters long.

Attachments

• Banned Guns.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 84
Actually, the AWB of 2021 is much more restrictive than the Mass AWB. First it prohibits based on only one “evil” feature, not two (so not even a pistol grip with a detachable mag). Second, its list of guns prohibited by name is much longer and includes guns explicitly excluded from the Mass AWB according to the AG’s FAQ: The Beretta Cx4 Storm, FN PS90 or substantially similar model weapon, IWI Tavor or substantially similar model weapon, Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Kel-Tec RFB.

Attached is the list of guns explicitly band by the AWB of 2021, it’s impressively long (note that it includes the Barrett M82A1, which you can own in MA with just a FID as long as you pin the brake). Needed to make it an attachment since it is over 10,000 characters long.
Wow the mini 14 is on the list.

Maybe not "whatever." How could you lawfully purchase an illegal weapon (i.e., postban AR/AK with all the evil features that runs afoul of MA AWB. That wouldn't be a "lawful" purchase and ergo would presumably not be grandfathered in for this hypothetical ban.

Only the “Tactical” or one with a folding stock. The good old “Ranch Rifle" would still be allowed with a 5 shot mag. However, the new law would also ban any semi-automatic rifle with a FIXED magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds (except for .22 rimfire tubular mags). So the M1 Garand just makes it under the mag capacity limit.

Maybe not "whatever." How could you lawfully purchase an illegal weapon (i.e., postban AR/AK with all the evil features that runs afoul of MA AWB. That wouldn't be a "lawful" purchase and ergo would presumably not be grandfathered in for this hypothetical ban.

I already considered that, and I have a plan.

I have a pre-ban upper receiver, I am golden.

Only the “Tactical” or one with a folding stock. The good old “Ranch Rifle" would still be allowed with a 5 shot mag. However, the new law would also ban any semi-automatic rifle with a FIXED magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds (except for .22 rimfire tubular mags). So the M1 Garand just makes it under the mag capacity limit.
Also an sks would make the grade.

and a saiga 12. laughable. but, it is what their junior aids were capable to google up, it seems.

ps. and tavor is also banned. it is actually quite a full list.

Last edited:
Or how bout y’all grow a set and just say NO.
Hard to believe this was once the greatest nation in the world. Or that “the shot heard round the world” occurred in Mass.

Or how bout y’all grow a set and just say NO.
Hard to believe this was once the greatest nation in the world. Or that “the shot heard round the world” occurred in Mass.
that was when USA was the "land of the free", and not the "land of those with the mortgage". no one will fight nothing now, as, frankly, no one cares anymore.

Back
Top Bottom