Assault Weapons Ban Of 2021

they don’t have the votes for an AWB even without the filibuster.

if they couldn’t get anything after sandy hook, I don’t think they can do much now. They’ll certainly try though
Really? You think politics today has any resemblance to the post Sandy Hook period? IF (and that's the big IF) it becomes a simple majority vote, they will get it passed. Which Democrat will vote against an AWB? There are a couple of RINOs who probably will. Do you think Romney gives a rats ass about either re-election or gun rights? Pat Toomey has already said he'd entertain an AWB. Collins just got re-elected, she's safe for the next 6 years. I don't think a lot of the squishy Reps are going to die on that hill.

People are delusional if they think the Senate won't pass this IF they get rid of the filibuster.

Really? You think politics today has any resemblance to the post Sandy Hook period? IF (and that's the big IF) it becomes a simple majority vote, they will get it passed. Which Democrat will vote against an AWB? There are a couple of RINOs who probably will. Do you think Romney gives a rats ass about either re-election or gun rights? Pat Toomey has already said he'd entertain an AWB. Collins just got re-elected, she's safe for the next 6 years. I don't think a lot of the squishy Reps are going to die on that hill.

People are delusional if they think the Senate won't pass this IF they get rid of the filibuster.

To make it a simple majority vote they'd have to pass that using the existing voting rules. No way that gets past the current breakdown of Ds and Rs in the Senate. The Ds would need a majority across the board to get the vote to pass so they could change the rules. Not happening in this congress. We'll have to see what the mid term brings us. If the Ds get more seats then it could turn into a definite possibility.

To make it a simple majority vote they'd have to pass that using the existing voting rules. No way that gets past the current breakdown of Ds and Rs in the Senate. The Ds would need a majority across the board to get the vote to pass so they could change the rules. Not happening in this congress. We'll have to see what the mid term brings us. If the Ds get more seats then it could turn into a definite possibility.
They can't change (delete) the filibuster rule and then vote on this? I'm not saying they will end the filibuster, I keep qualifying it w/ IF they end the filibuster. But if they do end the filibuster I think they'll get the AWB passed. There might be a defection or two on the D side, but there will probably also be on the R side.

“Where is this country’s Moses?
<snip>
Just another four days, the author could have written this as an April Fools column Instead of Passover...
Irony and truth at the same time, interesting. [thinking]

with national gun sales exploding, new gun owners everywhere, of every race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, etc - I can't believe a national AWB would pass without fear of voter retaliation

with national gun sales exploding, new gun owners everywhere, of every race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, etc - I can't believe a national AWB would pass without fear of voter retaliation
A lot of new gun owners are Liberals who would gladly turn their guns and YOU in for the "greater good".

Just remember that the next time someone virtue signals on here with a " I took a Liberal to the range and I think I changed some minds" thread.

If you don't own an AR yet, you should definitely buy one. Not because of some fictional law that might happen in the future. You should buy one because it's the de facto modern mag fed rifle that is the easiest to customize and has a very low entry cost for base models.

Every American should own and know how to use an AR15.

Living in MA, I’m starting to think it’s time to create a Gun Trust. I’d like to pass some ARs down to my kids when they are old enough, and if something was to happen to me before then, I’d like a friend to hold my toys for a few years until my kids can legally take ownership.
Has anyone done this for ARs? I know this is common practice for machine guns, seems like we should get ahead of this and transfer to a trust while we still can?
Is this a simple online download of some legal templates, or is a lawyer recommended?

Living in MA, I’m starting to think it’s time to create a Gun Trust. I’d like to pass some ARs down to my kids when they are old enough, and if something was to happen to me before then, I’d like a friend to hold my toys for a few years until my kids can legally take ownership.
Has anyone done this for ARs? I know this is common practice for machine guns, seems like we should get ahead of this and transfer to a trust while we still can?
Is this a simple online download of some legal templates, or is a lawyer recommended?
Spend the $600+ and do it right. Several good people on here give a pretty good NES discount.

Don't the Russians teach kids how to field strip and maintain AKs in kindergarten?
from 6th or 7th grade, if i recall it correctly. at least it used to be like that. it was called 'initial military preparation'. would teach you to march, make turns correctly, disassemble the AK and assemble it back with timing it - later including blindfolded, then would take to actual range to shoot it - at high school final years, we did 100m and 500m both. with no eye/ears protection. :)
also did a ton of voluntary things, like shoot .22lr competition, depending if you wanted to. it all was relatively fun, compared to the rest of school BS.

an actual real army experience was anything else but fun, especially first 4 months. :)

what the heck do they do now - i have no clue.

We should absolutely be teaching firearms safety in class that includes handling firearms and understanding how they work. We teach some pretty useless shit in schools. Taking 1 day a year to teach kindergarteners seems like a no brainer.

A lot of new gun owners are Liberals who would gladly turn their guns and YOU in for the "greater good".
(Yeah, not the kind of people whose support we'll get at the polls when we need it).
Just remember that the next time someone virtue signals on here with a " I took a Liberal to the range and I think I changed some minds" thread.
Holding out for the range trips that result in an actual conversion.

I'll settle for the 51% that aren't moonbats being armed.

Don't the Russians teach kids how to field strip and maintain AKs in kindergarten?
@Boris's dirty little secret could be that
they all learn how to build them from shovels.

For all we know, day one of kindergarten could look like this:
53mt0f.jpg

Last edited:
Some of you guys are really underestimating the sleeziness of Democrats. They’re currently painting the filibuster as “a relic of Jim Crow” as part of a campaign to get public sentiment behind a simple majority threshold for legislation.

They’re organized, well-funded, and in bed with MSM. Stay vigilant and put nothing past these people.

If you don't own an AR yet, you should definitely buy one. Not because of some fictional law that might happen in the future. You should buy one because it's the de facto modern mag fed rifle that is the easiest to customize and has a very low entry cost for base models.

I tried to get friends and family to come by and get acquainted with said arms.
Family friendly. Bring the kids. No live ammo no live fire. How to operate. How they work. What the parts pieces were.
Out of a dozen invitees on three separate Saturdays. Know how many showed up?
I gave up 3 of the nicest days of the year for people who are so apathetic they deserve what they get.

Some of you guys are really underestimating the sleeziness of Democrats. They’re currently painting the filibuster as “a relic of Jim Crow” as part of a campaign to get public sentiment behind a simple majority threshold for legislation.
53mx4g.jpg

I tried to get friends and family to come by and get acquainted with said arms.
Family friendly. Bring the kids. No live ammo no live fire. How to operate. How they work. What the parts pieces were.
Out of a dozen invitees on three separate Saturdays. Know how many showed up?
I gave up 3 of the nicest days of the year for people who are so apathetic they deserve what they get.
Don't worry.
Like clockwork, the other half dozen will be banging on your door as soon as SHTF.
[angry]

Just the tacticool version of the Mini 14. Put it in a conventional stock and all of a sudden it is safe again and on the "exempt" list.
Not anymore. They added even the Fudd versions now by name to the list.

Because of this bullshit I'm going to mount a bayonet on my ranch rifle, because f*** them.

I know several people who got their first guns during the past month. I can't think of one of them who would care much if an AWB passed. They got their revolverators they haven't fired yet and probably never will.

I hope they do it pass it. Let's move the entire gun industry to the black market. No sales tax, full auto, the list of benefits goes on and on. Plus, the looks on the faces of the FUDDs when their guns are banned.... Priceless

Not anymore. They added even the Fudd versions now by name to the list.

Because of this bullshit I'm going to mount a bayonet on my ranch rifle, because f*** them.

Where have you seen that?

The official Senate site doesn't have the text of S.736 available yet, but the text from Feinstein's own site (no bill number) has the following:

(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:..
H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof...
(xix) Sturm, Ruger & Co. Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M–14/20CF.

10 APPENDIX A—FIREARMS EXEMPTED BY THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2017 ‘‘CENTERFIRERIFLES—AUTOLOADERS...
Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip)

So the M-14/20CF with its pistol grip and "collapsible" stock is an assault weapon by name but the Mini-14s with fixed stocks and no pistol grip are exempted.

If this is about H.R.1808 which appears to be the House version, again, I can't find the text of the bill anywhere yet, not even on the sponsor's own web site.

If you have actual text of either of these bills, I would like to see them.

Where have you seen that?

The official Senate site doesn't have the text of S.736 available yet, but the text from Feinstein's own site (no bill number) has the following:

(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:..
H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof...
(xix) Sturm, Ruger & Co. Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M–14/20CF.

10 APPENDIX A—FIREARMS EXEMPTED BY THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2017 ‘‘CENTERFIRERIFLES—AUTOLOADERS...
Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip)

So the M-14/20CF with its pistol grip and "collapsible" stock is an assault weapon by name but the Mini-14s with fixed stocks and no pistol grip are exempted.

If this is about H.R.1808 which appears to be the House version, again, I can't find the text of the bill anywhere yet, not even on the sponsor's own web site.

If you have actual text of either of these bills, I would like to see them.
I'm trying to find the PDF. Someone on PerfectUnion's forums had it earlier today. The Mini-14 is going to get whacked like it was in Canada and Finland. I thought I saw the 10/22 on there as well. Any semi-auto with significant aftermarket support is on the ban/non-transferable list.

Little less than 2 years left until the next national elections in the United States and nobody is asking why all the forms of government in DC are surrounded by a wall and and national guard soldiers from just about every state. I don’t know about you guys but I think something big is in the works that affects all our rights and not just the 2A

Which gun sales? Most of these folks, especially women, are purchasing one handgun or one shotgun for defensive use. Like their FUDD counterparts, they focus on a single issue. I have actually heard some people at trap and skeet ranges say that they would be OK with an AWB, that it happened years earlier and it never affected them at all; they used the M16 in the army, no need for them outside of the army, etc. This is the mindset we are dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom