• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault Weapons Ban Of 2021

From what I've seen reported on multiple gun sites.....

No imports, sales or transfers = you can't even pass them on to your kids.
Grandfathering isn't defined
Mandatory 'buybacks' of the broadest definition of 'Assault Weapon' = those S&W MP15-ORC that we bought from 1994-2004 (2016 in Mass) will need to be turned in too.
Mandatory surrender of 'High Capacity Magazines'

If you are one of those folks that plan to comply - at least 'lose' what you have at the gun range.

No, they don't.
if they will produce 2-3 more mass shootings in next month - it is possible.
and, just worth to throw it into the same response, as it is what it is.

if they will produce 2-3 more mass shootings in next month - it is possible.

I doubt the Dems can get any Republican Senator to vote on any of their legislation, no matter what it is. That would be political suicide. None of them even voted for the stimulus.

They're gonna have steal another 10 seats in 2 years. Hopefully states will follow Georgia's move before it's too late.

I doubt the Dems can get any Republican Senator to vote on any of their legislation, no matter what it is. That would be political suicide. None of them even voted for the stimulus.

They're gonna have steal another 10 seats in 2 years. Hopefully states will follow Georgia's move before it's too late.
i cannot find the article about senate forecast, but i saw it 2 days ago... sent one from house by mistake.

“Where is this country’s Moses? A man or woman who will stand up to all the naysayers and demand that it is time to let the people of the United States go — to the movies, to the grocery store, to a concert, to a spa or to a school — without the fear of being slaughtered by some psycho with an automatic weapon.”

Just another four days, the author could have written this as an April Fools column Instead of Passover...
“Brian Greenspun is editor, publisher and owner of the Sun.” This is all you need to know about this hit piece.

Yeah. They do. Who’s going to defect? Manchin? And you don’t think Romney and a couple of the other RINOS will flip? If they eliminate the filibuster, they’ll have the votes.

And Manchins’ wife just got a cushy appointment. It will be interesting to see what the quid pro quo is.

Bob

Meh. If it gets really bad out there, you won’t need gun. Just build a fence around your house and call in a squad of national guard to stand watch. Problem solved.

China once 'let' its subjects have guns. Good to use civvies as shock infantry to defend the motherland against the threat of western democracy under Chairman '60 million dead, political power grows out the barrel of a gun' Mao's reign. People including my grandfather used to have an SKS aka Type 56 and a couple hundred rounds on strippers in a bandoleer chest rig in his closet at home. At some point after the Korean War the government decided everyone had to turn em all in... pretty much everyone complied and fast forward to today.

Just FYI...people have posted bad information online before. Hard to believe, but it happens.
duty_calls.png

Late to the party and I didn’t read the entire thread but the bottom line is you can trust a gun dealer as much as you can trust a drug dealer, you can’t and you shouldn’t.
Imus used to say that drug dealers are the single most irresponsible group of people on the planet.

Yeah. They do. Who’s going to defect? Manchin? And you don’t think Romney and a couple of the other RINOS will flip? If they eliminate the filibuster, they’ll have the votes.

They passed the Biden stimulus with reconciliation and simple majority, but they can’t do that with a gun bill. How will they get the votes in the Senate?

I do not believe that anything would be passed that would further restrict us in Martha's land. A new federal AWB would most likely be very similar to what we already have in MA. Path of least resistance/ successful proof of concept and so forth.

Free states should be worried. Us- we are already beaten into submission... but this time it might have its relative "advantages".
This is true. I was in NH not too long ago and a resident was looking for hi cap mags for xyz gun i can't remember the brand. The guy behind the counter said all they had was 10 rounders. Guy went into a tirade about why do they even make those stupid things and how they are only for the poor saps in Mass.. Hopefully nothing will happen but if it does a taste of our pain and suffering will hopefully wake these complacent jackasses up.

Actually, the AWB of 2021 is much more restrictive than the Mass AWB. First it prohibits based on only one “evil” feature, not two (so not even a pistol grip with a detachable mag). Second, its list of guns prohibited by name is much longer and includes guns explicitly excluded from the Mass AWB according to the AG’s FAQ: The Beretta Cx4 Storm, FN PS90 or substantially similar model weapon, IWI Tavor or substantially similar model weapon, Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Kel-Tec RFB.

Attached is the list of guns explicitly band by the AWB of 2021, it’s impressively long (note that it includes the Barrett M82A1, which you can own in MA with just a FID as long as you pin the brake). Needed to make it an attachment since it is over 10,000 characters long.
All these 'ban by name' lists pretty much plagiarize each other, Boston, Canada etc etc. What if the manufacturer simply change a name? Barrett M82A1 becomes Biden-kiss-my-ass BigboyA1. Viola, not banned anymore!

Am I the only one who gets a hard-on seeing almost every gun I own is on that list? [devil]

All these 'ban by name' lists pretty much plagiarize each other, Boston, Canada etc etc. What if the manufacturer simply change a name? Barrett M82A1 becomes Biden-kiss-my-ass BigboyA1. Viola, not banned anymore!

Am I the only one who gets a hard-on seeing almost every gun I own is on that list? [devil]
All they have to do is add "style" to it.

M82A1 "Style" weapons.

ASSault "style" weapons.

They passed the Biden stimulus with reconciliation and simple majority, but they can’t do that with a gun bill. How will they get the votes in the Senate?
They've done the "nuke" option on all presidential appointments/judicial nominees and spending bills for years, but they've never done it for legislation that created or altered a law. Even Obamacare was passed by the Senate with 60 votes because after the Recession the Dems picked up a ton of seats, but even then they had to bribe Democrat senators to vote for it. Remember the "Louisiana Purchase"?

Of course, the Democrats are the ones who got the simple majority for appointment confirmations by the Senate and cried about it after Trump won, so I cannot put it past them to alter the simple majority. The thing is it's a double edged sword and what the Democrats do the Republicans can also do, which would mean okay, you put semi automatics into the NFA, the Republicans will abolish the NFA next time they have majority in both houses and a Republican president.

I don't think we're going to get that far tho, I think this is our last stand. If you can steal and election once, you can steal them all from now on.

From what I've seen reported on multiple gun sites.....

No imports, sales or transfers = you can't even pass them on to your kids.
Grandfathering isn't defined

its defined, anything legally possessed on the date of enactment is legal and becomes officially Pre-banned, they then can be sold or transferred legally.

"Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession, sale, or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021."

Isn’t there a Federal Registration tucked in there too? So if you don’t register everything - it’s no longer legal. If you do register everything, it makes confiscation much easier in the next False Flag.

Back
Top Bottom