Assault Weapons Ban lacks Democratic votes to pass Senate.

I'm afraid that what is going to happen is this thing gets shot down, someone slips in a magazine limit, and the republocrats call it a compromise instantly turning the U.S. into one big Massachusetts.

3e2usa5u.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that what is going to happen is this thing gets shot down, someone slips in a magazine limit, and the republocrats call it a compromise instantly turning the U.S. into one big Massachusetts.

That would be political suicide for many - not too concerned about Rs doing that. They are already reeling from the last election. Never say never though.

Pretty scary that only 6 senators are the margin keeping an AWB ban from being passed!

Even if it passes the Senate, it still has to pass the House. The House members are far more anti-gun control than the Senate.

Even if it made it out of the senate what are the odds it makes it out of the house?

Not great.

Last edited:
That would be political suicide for many - not too concerned about Rs doing that. They are already reeling from the last election. Never say never though.

Alot of House members lost their seats that last time an AWB was implemented... that has to be weighing in here

that's a lot better than we usually get.

Maybe they remember the beating they took the last time when they voted in the last AWB. Plus maybe they've been reading about the gun buying spree -and how many people are saying they simply won't comply this time around.

Feinstein is hoping survivor testimonials, along with the images of the slain Sandy Hook students, most of them 6-year- olds, will push these Democrats to reconsider their opposition.

“The message to Democrats is, ‘See what your silence does?’ There will be more of these. These won’t end,” Feinstein told reporters.

“If just reading the list of beautiful names and looking into the eyes of some of the pictures of the children slain doesn’t do something to the conscience of America, nothing I can say or do will,” she said.

Maybe I missed something, but do we vote based on emotion or what the Constitution of the United States says? She's such a flea bag.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that it is closer than we think. If we ignore the filibuster issue in the Senate and the fact that the House would never pass it, only two senators need to be flipped. Six against a ban out of 55 Democrats = 49, so Maobama only needs to flip two to reach the majority of 51.

Maybe I missed something, but do we vote based on emotion or what the Constitution of the United States says? She's such a flea bag.

Yeah, she needs to die for ever having the balls to say that, that is so insulting to the victims and their families. Again, using dead children to forward a political agenda is revolting.

Thank you. That is, indeed, what I meant but not what I typed.

The House has a Republican majority and more than a few Democrats from rural, pro-gun areas. So I doubt that the House would pass a renewal of the '94 ban or Feinstein's proposed law. The question, though, as someone asked above, is whether they will pass some "compromise" legislation.

Well on the bright side, if she looses the senate and of course the house isn't likely to approve it, she will probably retire to live out the rest of her years in obscurity. We have to have a party when that happens..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well on the bright side, if she looses the senate and of course the house isn't likely to approve it, she will probably retire to live out the rest of her years in obscurity. We have to have a party when that happens..

Yup, this was her last attempt at completely raping gun owners nation wide.

Teddie didn't retire -- he died with his legislative boots on. I expect that Feinstein will do the same, unfortunately.

She's in the majority, has huge seniority, and there is a Democratic president for the next four years. I don't think she's going anywhere.

A "compromise" will be made and something will be passed. At a minimum we're looking at a national mag capacity limit. Watch and see.

Definitely a good point but she ain't a Kennedy and if she fails big she may go quietly into the night. A man can dream can't he? :)

Teddie didn't retire -- he died with his legislative boots on. I expect that Feinstein will do the same, unfortunately.

She's in the majority, has huge seniority, and there is a Democratic president for the next four years. I don't think she's going anywhere.

A "compromise" will be made and something will be passed. At a minimum we're looking at a national mag capacity limit. Watch and see.

i doubt it.

the dems could have a cure for aids and cancer and the repubs in the house would vote it down.

i think universal background checks comes from this.

They're reeling from the last election, but they're all under the impression that they need to become more liberal in order to keep their seats. Thats what is dangerous. They're not trying to become more conservative. They're trying to become more like the democrats.

"The five Democratic senators from traditionally pro-gun states who have recently expressed skepticism about the bill are Max Baucus and Jon Tester of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia. Independent Senator Angus King of Maine, who is caucusing with Democrats, also said he opposes a ban."

Send these people campaign war-chest contributions today.

Each one of these "pro gun" senators has a price. We saw it in the healthcare bill. Maybe Alaska will get some exemption, cause who the hell actually cares what goes on there. Maybe Angus will accept a nice new federal building to colo the servers for whatever stupid new databases they dream up.

Oh and don't expect Scott Brown to swoop in and save the day. He's all for it.

Each one of these "pro gun" senators has a price. We saw it in the healthcare bill. Maybe Alaska will get some exemption, cause who the hell actually cares what goes on there. Maybe Angus will accept a nice new federal building to colo the servers for whatever stupid new databases they dream up.

Oh and don't expect Scott Brown to swoop in and save the day. He's all for it.

uh, who is Scott Brown?

Back
Top Bottom