• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault Rifles Legal vs. Illegal

Relatively decent. I think at one point they were called killing machines, and they do keep referring to them as high-power rifles, but those are to a degree just grievances of the shooting community. Afterall, ARs were designed for military purposes, hence killing people.

Mike

I still get a kick out of describing an AR-15 and its .223 caliber as a "high power rifle"

But over all, the reporting was pretty good, level and with minimal bias. The author was trying to report facts more than push a point of view. Props to him for that.

If they're the wrong hands they should be in prison. If they're not in prison, there is no law that I recognize that prevents someone from owning a gun.

The reporter referred to "magazines" at least twice, so he got that part right. That was followed by the MSP spokesman who referred to them as "clips." Not the worst reporting I've ever heard. There was less moonbattery than usual.

not sure if the photo is from the same case, but it shows a 1911 with 1 magazine and 8 loose rounds, 2 AR-15 magazines (one in the assembled rifle and one loose) and 5 extended double stack magazines that don't go to either the AR-15 or the 1911.

So each magazine holds 10.5555555 rounds? Where do you find .55555 sized rounds?

The .55555 is a special round, oh sorry "bullet" designed for shooting down helicopters and other aircraft, you put 10 normal high power "bullets" in the banana "clip" and the last super lethal copter killing .55555 in first or last depending on when you plan to shoot the helicopter (before or after you shoot the bad guys).

Well, the definiton of "high power" is relative, I guess.... In an NRA High-Power match, a .223 is OK....

Compared to a .30-'06....not so much.

And anything under .50 cal was a "medium" rifle for dangerous African game.

Back when the DC Sniper was making news, the Glob ran a story, complete with graphics - showing the .223 (actual size) about the same size as a .30-'06. I actually wrote to them, to get it corrected, and there was a blurb on page 2, saying that it had been in error....but NOT showing how tiny the .223 is.

Back
Top Bottom